Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EOY 07 @ Expo 15 December 2007

Default Re: EOY 07 @ Expo 15 December 2007

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    Shoot them then post small nice photos on their forum site, ask them to pay for bigger one to recover cost
    $12 seem quite a lot, consider S I N was only $10
    Perhaps cosplayers should charge you modelling fee for taking their photos. $5 per photo should be good to recover their costume.

Considering that EOY isn't meant for the general public but more of cosplayers, I'm surprised they didn't levy a lower fee for those in costume, and a much higher fee for those NOT in costume.

Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    Perhaps cosplayers should charge you modelling fee for taking their photos. $5 per photo should be good to recover their costume.

Considering that EOY isn't meant for the general public but more of cosplayers, I'm surprised they didn't levy a lower fee for those in costume, and a much higher fee for those NOT in costume.
    Agree. Lucky, they only charge $12 for enterance fee. If too high, i think not much people will go to this event. Looking forward for this event.

Actually, what made you think they wanted your help??? Assuming too much?
    and you are overreacting.

Actually the $10 & $12 thingy are for those who are going into the "market place" & event hall. For those (like me) who can't fork out these large amount of cash, there should be some action going on outside the ticketing area also (the Coffee Beans zone).

Quote Originally Posted by sixshot76 View Post
    Agree. Lucky, they only charge $12 for enterance fee. If too high, i think not much people will go to this event. Looking forward for this event.
    I think $12 is ok, its a once a year event afterall. But anything higher than that would be absurd (considering that the other big cosplay event held at the Downtown East tent is still FOC every year). However the crowds are getting bigger each subsequent years so I hope the crowd control would be much better this time round. I remember the organisers decided to open up the access to the event hall for free after 4pm last year which caused some unhappiness for those who paid up in full just a while before the free access was allowed.

If you dun wanna pay, like alex01sg mentioned, there is the area outside the hall near coffee bean where some of the cosplayers may spillover there, usually to rest in small groups, chitchat or have a drink/snacks. However please do exercise some courtesy and do not shoot them when they are resting or eating/drinking....always ask politely for permission if u wanna shoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    I think $12 is ok, its a once a year event afterall. But anything higher than that would be absurd (considering that the other big cosplay event held at the Downtown East tent is still FOC every year). However the crowds are getting bigger each subsequent years so I hope the crowd control would be much better this time round. I remember the organisers decided to open up the access to the event hall for free after 4pm last year which caused some unhappiness for those who paid up in full just a while before the free access was allowed.

If you dun wanna pay, like alex01sg mentioned, there is the area outside the hall near coffee bean where some of the cosplayers may spillover there, usually to rest in small groups, chitchat or have a drink/snacks. However please do exercise some courtesy and do not shoot them when they are resting or eating/drinking....always ask politely for permission if u wanna shoot them.
    AGREE

So far I have not come across photographers at these events who charge the cosplayers for the full res pics. Coz u have to remember most of these cosplayers are in their teens and/or schooling, and they have also forked out quite a bit for their costume materials, so I don't think its fair to ask them to pay for the pictures.
    It was meant for a laugh . So far not aware of anyone charging also. But if the person can charge, his shot mush be so good that the cosplayer really want it badly.
    Don't think I will be going eoy this year due to time contraints and the fees, but I guess no one will care
    However there was a sort of studio set-up with backdrop and studio lights at last year's event at which cosplayers could have their pic taken (for free I believe...but I am not sure exactly what kind of agreement btw the event organiser and the studio photographer).
    I think Vince and Unseen did that last year.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    LoL perhaps.. I'm just kinda against the mentality that every event = model shoot. Recently I realise photographers are starting to think too much of themselves.

Blog Entries

LoL perhaps.. I'm just kinda against the mentality that every event = model shoot. Recently I realise photographers are starting to think too much of themselves.
    thus saith a person who advise others not to hire a photographer using f4 lenses...

http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=323117
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    thus saith a person who advise others not to hire a photographer using f4 lenses...

Misrepresenting my words? I still stand by it, not hiring a photographer who ONLY has a f4 lens.

Wedding is wedding, not something to take a chance with.
    Unless of course, the couple can reshoot the dinner anytime they want.
    Last edited by unseen; 14th November 2007 at 12:35 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

Can I ask how an opinion on F4 lenses relevant to the topic of discusssion? I think we should stick to the topic and if you want to debate over whether F4 lenses are sufficient/insufficient, to do it back in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    I think Vince and Unseen did that last year.

Lol, suddenly the Duo came in the thread le.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Thanks for the information Woojacky . This is a photography forum so naturally we will be talking about taking pictures after all. If we go there dont shot then do wait?? drink coffee with the siao mei mei ah If we want to talk about cars, cosplay etc we would have gone to the respective forum more in depth details there, so there is nothing wrong when we talk about event here means photo opportunities. Please don't be offended by us
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    because he is the best mah....trust me....we should go there watch him shoot..damm pro..
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

hmmm.. would not be able to make it for this... shud have lots of projects n assignments due during that time..

furthermore, i'm headed to the west end to play with other "models"...
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

12 more days to go.

hi, i tried to search for some pic from previous 'EOY' but cant find.
    anyone know? can give me the link to see the pic from last years' 'EOY'?
    thought my children may be interested to go look see look see, while I can look see shoot
    thanks

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by verityshu View Post
    Entrance fees are also collected for entrance to EOY (been attending for the last 5 years, lol). $10 for Shiro Tsubasa club members and $12 for non-members.

Also, for photographers who're attending EOY for the first time, STAC has stated some simple and basic rules that you can read here: http://eoy.shirotsubasa.org/rules.php

But for those lazy to click, I cut and paste

1) Photography is limited to the designated areas only.

2) Cosplayers are allowed to deny requests for photographs.

3) STAC does not condone professional photographers and/or commercial entities hawking their business cards. Should you decide to accept the cards, we claim NO responsibility for what may occur.

4) Attempts to capture unlawful photographs (E.g. upskirt, voyeur etc.), if discovered, will be handed to the police.

Without being said,it's illegal already.

long time no come in din noe got happening thread!

Please do not take EOY as a photography event. It is for Cosplayers to gather to exhibit their costumes.. not everyone wants to have their photos taken and/or by strangers. There were quite a bit of unhappiness from the last few EOYs from photographers taking shots of cosplayers even when they are not posing. Many of them do like it when photographers take pics of them eating, drinking, etc...

Naturally there are some who don't mind posing for photographers...

The entrance fees goes towards paying for the cost of the event.. Rental at expo is rather ex.. STAC do not have a lot of sponsors like organisers of Cosfest..

I disagree on cosplayers paying photographers for photos.. Most of them are happy enough with their PnS cameras, prosumers.. some are photographers themselves with DSLRs, etc.. we should look at it as a mutual benefit.

nO COMPLAIN TO THE ENTRENCE TICKET LAR, COS $12 IS STILL OK. MUST UNDERSTANDING THE ORGANIZER SPENT A LOT MONEY TOO. JUST PAID $12 CAN SHOOT A LOT OF COSPLAYERS, WOW, NICE, I LIKE IT.
    I'M A NEW PHOTOGRAPHER, TO PREVENT BREAK THE RULES THERE, ANY ONE WANT TO HANGING TOGETHER WITH ME? OR ALL OF US HERE GO AT THE SAME DAY TO KNOW EACH OTHER?
    Canon EOS 400D, Lens: 17-50mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast