Thread: maha battery discharge very fast

Unhappy maha battery discharge very fast

hello all

i use a maha C801D charger with powerex' 2500mah AA batts. after a full charge, i left them for 1 day (maybe 30 hours), then put them in my camera. my camera failed to start up cos the batteries were dead FLAT! this has hit me more than once!!

is there a problem with powerex' 2500s? i always slow-charge my batteries, so why are they doing this to me? they are only 1 year old, and i use them once a month on average.

i'm thinking of trying sanyo's eneloop. does eneloop have this problem of an incapability of holding charge? and most importantly, can eneloop batteries be charged using my maha 801 charger?

appreciate all the help i can get on this.

thanks.

Default Re: maha battery discharge very fast

I dunno about yours... but my PowerEx batteries have never gave me any problems before...

I have 12 x 2700, 4 x 2200, 4 x 2000 and none have ever gave me any trouble... You tried other batteries on the charger? Check if one of them has a problem.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

my powerex has been in my cam for about 2 weeks...only one day i went out for 4 hours shoot besides that is jus fiddling ard now still no weak battery indication
    It's about what you do before you press the shutter and not after.

My Powerex 2700mAh AA Ni-Mh retains power very well... it peaks at 2900mAh to 3300mAh usually... very power. I dun have a problem with them... Your 2500mAh may be dying... due to maybe infrequent use? I discovered if Ni-Mh are seldom used after buying... they go bad pretty soon. Compared to a set that is always used... it performs better... but ultimately i felt that they are good for a year to 1.5yrs only... not even sure if that is near 1000 times of recharge...

Blog Entries

use ur maha charger to do a refresh-recharge cycle on the batts. it might help on ur batts retaining time ... tho the refreshing cycle will take it 1 day.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Also, just to be sure that it is yr batt that is giving you the prob and NOT yr charger, you could jus get a new set of 2700s and try charging it and see if it is giving you any probs. (you will most probably get a new set anyway )
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    use ur maha charger to do a refresh-recharge cycle on the batts. it might help on ur batts retaining time ... tho the refreshing cycle will take it 1 day.
    Nightwolf's suggestion is a sound one.

I've got 6 x 4 Powerex2700s... and 2 sets (2x4) are having discharge issues already. That is after some 40-50 charge cycles. Probably will not be replacing them as I'll switch fully to lithiums. The AAs I'll leave for my flash, which I do not use often.

You choose which way you want to go with your AAs.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    Apply the above mentioned by nightwolf75(in Blue)==>that's the purpose of "this" feature, so apply "it"

Btw, my 5 x 4=20-Powerex2700 still going Strong Strong Good Good
    Last edited by blueskye168; 20th September 2007 at 10:09 AM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

wah lau... dunno if i was given lemons....

anyway thank you for all your prompt replies. i will try to "massage" my batteries using the function you guys were talking about.

one thing i noticed:
    1. you guys are very loyal to maha. no one mentioned about sanyo's eneloop!
    2. no one uses maha's 2500s... is there a problem with the 2500s? maybe i'll just jump to 2700s for my flash, and also for my remote controlled car/tank/truck stuff.

maha/powerex batteries so far no problem

have experienced problems with energizer rechargeables, and that silly brand powerone, absolutely horrible

mine last quite long what, leave for 5 days still got charge, pretty good too
    of course nothing compares to eneloops <3 <3 <3

Using Maha charger and Powerex 2700, no problems so far. In fact it retains its charge quite well. It is almost like fully charged even after more than 2 weeks since last charge. Much better than the Sony that I used before.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by aErOpLaNe View Post
    hello all

i use a maha C801D charger with powerex' 2500mah AA batts. after a full charge, i left them for 1 day (maybe 30 hours), then put them in my camera. my camera failed to start up cos the batteries were dead FLAT! this has hit me more than once!!

is there a problem with powerex' 2500s? i always slow-charge my batteries, so why are they doing this to me? they are only 1 year old, and i use them once a month on average.

i'm thinking of trying sanyo's eneloop. does eneloop have this problem of an incapability of holding charge? and most importantly, can eneloop batteries be charged using my maha 801 charger?

appreciate all the help i can get on this.

thanks.
    gt the same problem as u with my maha 2500mah, tho i use konnoc charger... my worse experience was that i charged the batt on fri night and on sun morning it went dead after firing less than 50shots off my sb600...

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    gt the same problem as u with my maha 2500mah, tho i use konnoc charger... my worse experience was that i charged the batt on fri night and on sun morning it went dead after firing less than 50shots off my sb600...
    Seems like the 2500 batch may have some problems or was it used and needs re-freshing?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Seems like the 2500 batch may have some problems or was it used and needs re-freshing?
    refreshed completely few times with my konnoc charger but problem seems to get worse only. use to be able to last for weeks then slowly to around 3days... and now i guess just 24hrs.

no problem with my set of konnoc tho. but heck, now i given up and changed to eneloop