Did any of u read this? Believe all questions answered and need to pay for it.
Photomarathonasia by Canon Rules
01. All participants must wear the Canon apparel provided.
02. Participants can use any digital camera to shoot photographs during the Digital Photo Marathon.
03. Storage format accepted are CF/SD/MMC/XD/SM/MS formats. Participants using other formats must supply their own relevant adaptors/drives for use with Apple Macintosh computers. The organisers will not be held responsible for the inability to read/download images.
04. Participants can use any form of transport during the Digital Photo Marathon.
05. All photographs will be judged on the following key criteria:
· Creativity in theme interpretation
· Use of colours and light/shadows
· Composition of photograph
· Relevance to theme
06. The competition category is Open and Youth.
07. All entries must fulfil the following conditions:
· Submit each assignment photograph on time
· Assignment photograph must be based on the designated theme.
08. In addition, the assignment winners of the Canon Digital Life Photo Marathon 2007 will be selected from a pool of 30 short listed entries (the 10 short listed entries from each assignment), by the judges.
09. In order to be eligible for the "Best of Show", participants must complete all 3 assignments.
10. All digital photographs submitted must be new works that have been shot on 20 October 2007, during the competition hours by participants. Participants who submit images that were shot earlier, or shot by proxies, will be disqualified.
11. Images for download must be in the highest resolution available in the camera. Images must be in JPEG format only. No raw files accepted. Images are not to be altered by any image editing software.
12. Participants are to report at 0730hrs for registration at Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre, Gallery East Level 3 on 20 October 2007.
13. Participants must be present to receive the assignment themes at the following times (approximately 3 hours/theme):
· 1st assignment: 0900hrs
· 2nd assignment: 1200hrs
· 3rd assignment: 1500hrs
14. Participants must report to Suntec City Convention Centre by the following times, if not earlier, to download photos:
· 1st assignment: 1200hrs
· 2nd assignment: 1500hrs
· 3rd assignment: 1800hrs
15. Participants must submit photos in person. No proxy submission by any participant is allowed during the Photo Marathon.
16. The organisers will not be responsible for providing photographic equipment including cameras spare batteries, lenses or additional memory cards. All participants are expected to come prepared with all their photographic equipment.
17. The organizers will not be responsible for any loss of images/data or damage to memory card during the downloading process.
01. A registration fee of $10 will be collected upon registration on 20 October 2007 at Suntec City.
02. All takings will be donated to The Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund.
03. Only cash payment is accepted.
04. Please bring the exact amount, as changes will not be available.
01. Receive assignment theme.
02. Go out and shoot photographs based on the assignment theme.
03. Return to the competition venue. Remember to give yourself time for travelling, and to return 1 hour before the next assignment time.
04. Get a Queue number at the designated area for your turn to download your assignment photo.
05. Select your best photo for that assignment, and download into your assigned folder using the Macintosh computers provided.
06. While waiting for your number to be called, please select the photo that you would like to submit at the waiting area in advance.
07. Do not take more than three minutes to select and transfer your best photo for the assignment. You will be buzzed out at three minutes by the time-keepers.
08. Wait for the next assignment theme to be announced.
01. Prepare well. Carry fully charged and spare batteries, additional memory cards and a sturdy bag for your digital camera gear.
Please note that no charging facilities will be provided.
02. Be creative in interpreting the themes.
03. Return early so that you have time to select and download your best pictures — and have refreshments to recharge yourself.
04. Pre-select your best image so that you can download quickly.
05. Sleep early the night before to be fully rested.
06. Stay hydrated during the marathon.
01. Do not trespass into private property.
02. Do not litter or smoke within the Suntec City premises.
03. Do not be a nuisance in public, and do not break the law under any circumstances.
04. Do not park your vehicles illegally nor cause any inconvenience to visitors and guests in Suntec City vicinity. Use the available parking lots provided in the centre or URA parking lots on public roads.
05. Do not monopolise the downloading stations.
06. Do not bring a large group of supporters to the marathon, as Suntec City Convention Theatre will not be able to accommodate more than the number of participants and the organisers.
07. Do not put yourself or others in danger when taking photos.
Photomarathonasia by Canon Terms & Condition
Competition Terms and Conditions
01. 1. Participants must abide by the competition rules and any decisions made by the organisers are final
02. Participants under the age of 18 must obtain parental consent. All participants must print the relevant indemnity form, sign it and return on the day of the event, 20 October 2007.
03. The organisers reserve the right to use any submitted photograph for any purposes without compensation to the photographer.
04. Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any participant who has infringed any of the competition rules.
05. Decisions by the organisers and competition judges are final. No queries will be entertained.
06. Participation in the competition signifies the agreement and acceptance of the terms and conditions as listed.
07. All nationality is welcomed.
08. By taking part in the Digital Life Canon Photo Marathon 2007, participants consent that the organizers are indemnified against any accidents or injuries sustained in the course of the event.
Michael u very free today its???
Yes, Ambious you are right, this is a tough competition. Need to pay $$$. Time is limited hence have to shoot under pressure . Only shoot in JPEG, no post processing allowed.
Last thing... You will only know what to shoot at the very last minute!
haha let me think abt it first gerald, tempted but indecisive..contemplating hesitating wondering....
register first... see u there adik
i think we can team up and go together... Phoa have the experience b4...he can advice us.
Ikkang.. Have so fun. Not bout winning...but the experience ok...
if we WIN we can have more fun!!!
Sprintist you should really take part. I have confidence at you..
see you have win few award and ppl taking your photo for publishing...why not??
I hope to see more Tangshooter take part the canon Marathon...
5. Falconite - Gerald
6. Ikkang -Billy
7. Ambious - Michael
where is James and Redsun today??
[quote=juste_millieu;3418908]I believe tangshooters welcome you to join
Dis is superb!! Can learn from you all ar. I'm still a newbie baby.
E V E R Y P I C T U R E T E L L S Y O U A S T O R Y:blah: