Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I sell this?

Default Re: Can I sell this?

Hey..if you are selling for $100 per photo is very very reasonable..
    but i guess there should be people who are interested.

i am from a particular car club..
    and why dont you email me some photos, and more details on your price package..and i see if i can get some guys interested.

grainpixel@yahoo.com

most probably will arrange a few cars on a same day to save time and hopefully some costs too...

Hi fellas... k let me slowly answer 1 by 1...
    yanyewkay : this is really a grey area but i doubt i'll get into any sort of problems
    slaam : cant do that coz erasing the VRN would render the pics worthless. plus I dont think owners would be agreeable to having their VRNs on.
    ZDragon : Cars are a passion hence i chose them. Honestly i cant find another use for this rig other than on cars.
    grainpixel : Hey thanks for the lobang, will get back to you. I'm not totally decided if i wanna do this yet, seriously thinking about it but i'm checking with alot of other guys if its feasible at all. Btw i usually take 2-3hrs for just one car le!

On another note, some of my pals are telling me that there will surely be a level of expectantcy if i were to charge. Thats the downside of things. If i cant deliver, reputation down the drain. This started out as a hobby and I'm enjoying every moment of it. Dont wish for it to turn into a nightmare. Hmm... still thinking although response here points to the "can sell" direction. Nonetheless many thanks fellas!

Very cool picture

I'm sure someone will be willing to buy them...All the best.....

vince123123
    Guests

Then you better make sure you don't show anyone the rig, once you do, and if they are not bound by a confidentiality agreement, you will have already compromised your ability to get a valid patent for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benchmarc View Post
    Thanks ortega but cant do that. Rig thing is very touchy, supposed to be some trade secret. And if i intend to do this, cant sell myself out can i? Thanks alot though!
    Majest1c yes i did think of doing that but until it is super solid, which i got to make sure it is, then i'll start to think abt mass producing. Thanks alot too!

Not showing is a little hard as clients would surely see it. For now the rig is version 1.xxx (coz of all the minute changes). Thats part of the reason for this thread, I have already drawn up plans for the next rig, its gonna be better in every way, sadly including the price that the workshop has quoted me. Anyway see the rig is one thing, they can replicate it but they might not know the physics behind it.

vince123123
    Guests

Hmm, since its not possible to know the full workings from a pic, maybe you could share a pic of it with the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Benchmarc View Post
    Not showing is a little hard as clients would surely see it. For now the rig is version 1.xxx (coz of all the minute changes). Thats part of the reason for this thread, I have already drawn up plans for the next rig, its gonna be better in every way, sadly including the price that the workshop has quoted me. Anyway see the rig is one thing, they can replicate it but they might not know the physics behind it.

Deregistered

Hi

I even think you can consider selling on ShutterStock or Dreamstime. It's not huge money, but it's money anyway.

Vince : no offense bro, can only share final pic
    stougard : dun want la... those pics are my hard work, those that i take for interest are priceless

http://www.automotiverigs.com/

The main thing is photography, not the rig right?

Thats right. With the rig, u still need to know how to shoot. Just like with a DSLR, if you dont know how to use it then no point. Eqpt are just for assistance.

A follow up... had since gone ahead with the idea. Done a handful of shoots. Still have pending ones. A little tough juggling work and freelance work i must say. Had some instances where ppl were harsh with their words coz i had to postpone. Sometimes have to turn down certain clients. Overall quite ok la. Most importantly just enjoy shooting
    Anyways here is my site www.marcusli.com Dont be shocked if the address changes. Have yet to upgrade the smugmug account to reflect the domain i bought, which thankfully is available because its my name
    The rates i charge is very slightly lower than what i intended. There are those who spend 5 figure sums to mod their rides and back off at my charges, and there are also those who are willing to pay. Nonetheless just happy to be where i am and looking forward
    AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY FUELLED BY CANON
    http://WWW.MARCUSLI.COM

vince123123
    Guests

I'm not sure how this is slowly turning to become an advertisement thread...perhaps it should be moved to the correct subforum :P

Advertisement? Nah... not my intention If i want to, like i did, i paid to advertise on 2 forums already. Maybe wrong intentions sent out. If so, may the moderators do what they must, I'm fine with it

Holy crap dude, your work is amazing!

EDIT: You have a shot of a white coloured body car with a German flag.. is that really a GT car? I didn't know they had any here o.O
    Last edited by jmmtn4aj; 20th December 2007 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    Holy crap dude, your work is amazing!

EDIT: You have a shot of a white coloured body car with a German flag.. is that really a GT car? I didn't know they had any here o.O
    Hi thanks That car was part of an Audi event. There are a couple of threads on that event here, held at the start of this month. That pic was taken in the museum. If I'm not wrong, the one u r referring to is the LeMans R8.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12