Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 77

Thread: On CPF returns

  1. #21

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    when they want money from us, they run like a company
    why dun they do the same for money that's going to be paid to us?

    i shoot one question to you
    you shoot the same thing back to me
    not fair leh, both ways got no answer lor

    you answer mine first!

    in any case, i only know that the cpf rate is still much better than blardy f.d.
    for a long long time already

  2. #22
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

    i shoot one question to you
    you shoot the same thing back to me
    not fair leh, both ways got no answer lor

    you answer mine first!

    in any case, i only know that the cpf rate is still much better than blardy f.d.
    for a long long time already
    sorry dun get u, and ur question is?

    if u r comparing f.d now..yes, its very low, due to the recent years..interest rate have been slashing since '97 to help keep the economy alive..but how abt before '97?

    u can call me pessimistic, but i'm really doubting Singapore future..everything is so virtual..
    can see, cannot feel..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  3. #23

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    sorry dun get u, and ur question is?

    if u r comparing f.d now..yes, its very low, due to the recent years..interest rate have been slashing since '97 to help keep the economy alive..but how abt before '97?

    u can call me pessimistic, but i'm really doubting Singapore future..everything is so virtual..
    can see, cannot feel..


    never mind!

    not sure, wasn't into interest rates then, but i hear from the older generation that it was higher?

    wa, why you sound so jaded

  4. #24
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    never mind!

    not sure, wasn't into interest rates then, but i hear from the older generation that it was higher?

    wa, why you sound so jaded
    or maybe i suay lorz..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  5. #25

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    or maybe i suay lorz..


    be happy! life is so short, why worry so much
    worry is unavoidable, but too much is bad

  6. #26

    Smile Re: On CPF returns

    'much better' because the cpf funds are kept for long, long tenure.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

    in any case, i only know that the cpf rate is still much better than blardy f.d.
    for a long long time already

  7. #27

    Smile Re: On CPF returns

    in the mid 90's, i used to transfer my funds from bank to bank during lunch time. all because, one is offering higher interest than the other, as high as 7.1%.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    sorry dun get u, and ur question is?

    if u r comparing f.d now..yes, its very low, due to the recent years..interest rate have been slashing since '97 to help keep the economy alive..but how abt before '97?

    u can call me pessimistic, but i'm really doubting Singapore future..everything is so virtual..
    can see, cannot feel..

  8. #28

    Smile Re: On CPF returns

    i admired the courage of mp sin, ong and a nmp for speaking up for higher interest rates for us. hurrah!!

  9. #29
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    be happy! life is so short, why worry so much
    worry is unavoidable, but too much is bad
    The elites need more people like u !




    Thank you
    More good years ahead
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  10. #30

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    The elites need more people like u !




    Thank you
    More good years ahead


    welcome!

    FREE MOONCAKES FOR EVERYONE
    HUAT AH

  11. #31
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    welcome!

    FREE MOONCAKES FOR EVERYONE
    HUAT AH
    Have u start working and earning money for yourself and family ?

    If you does, you will start to have a questioning mind on the returns for ur CPF contribution



    What's GIC role in society ?

    Where does the money in GIC comes from ?

    Where profits from GIC goes to.

    Salaries of the top brass in GIC.



    The problem is I dunno and I dun care !!!
    Last edited by Static; 20th September 2007 at 02:49 PM.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LA 2019
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Have u start working and earning money for yourself and family ?

    If you does, you will start to have a questioning mind about the returns for the 20% of ur salary kept in CPF



    What's GIC role in society ?

    Where does the money in GIC comes from ?

    Where profits from GIC goes to.

    Salaries of the top brass in GIC.



    The problem is I dunno and I dun care !!!
    good questions to ask, but so taboo....

  13. #33

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    The problem is I dunno and I dun care !!!
    your line of questioning seems interesting

    1) how much do we have to pay all our civil servants, when most of the jobs they do earn nothing for the gahment?

    2) how much do all those projects like ir, mrt line development, small stuff like making every mrt station have a minisupermarket or something, road repair, pipe repair, etc cost?

    3) did you really, really think that taxes alone can cover this?

    always very easy to ask question, not so easy to answer, doesn't mean there is no answer
    me, i'm happy with the fact that

    1) i can go shoot punggol until 8 pm without getting into big trouble even when wearing my mp3 player with headphones with no fear

    2) yes, the wait for the bus is sometimes very long, and prices go up and keep going up but hey, i've been elsewhere before, elsewhere either has no public transport or public transport sucks like hell

    3) ditto for train

    along with many other things, granted singapore ain't perfect, but it has its pros, there are cons and no one denies that, but if you just see the cons and hope for a perfect system where all's rosy - then my question is, wait until there is a perfect dslr, then there will be a perfect country to live in

    and if the system is not to your liking, make a difference instead - easier said than done, but can you make canon put in-body is on its dslrs overnight? no? same thing here

    all i know, is that singapore is my home, and i won't exchange it for anywhere else in the world. and i also only know that people who can never be content will never be content, just take for example our landscapes, we have so many, so beautiful, but people keep asking for GREAT MOUNTAINS, BIG RIVERS, when the beauty is right in front of them look at imran's photoblog, i doubt the great canyon can compare to some of his pictures, but maybe it's just me
    Last edited by night86mare; 20th September 2007 at 06:53 PM.

  14. #34

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    All i can deduce from this thread is that Singaporeans like to complain and most ppl in this thread knows nothing about finance and long term risk and return

  15. #35

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by zj2000 View Post
    All i can deduce from this thread is that Singaporeans like to complain and most ppl in this thread knows nothing about finance and long term risk and return


    hor, now they going to whack you

  16. #36
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    It was, but only a watered down version of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    this kind of news hardly gets printed in local papers???

  17. #37

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    hor, now they going to whack you
    i don't care.... fact is I know much more about finance and the financial markets than the most ppl here and the fact is what cpf and the government is offering now is a damn good deal.... the compulsary annuity is going to be a blessing to all singaporeans in spite of all the lamentations by the simple folks.....

    btw i don't work for the government..... i'm not even singaporean.....

  18. #38

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by zj2000 View Post
    i don't care.... fact is I know much more about finance and the financial markets than the most ppl here and the fact is what cpf and the government is offering now is a damn good deal.... the compulsary annuity is going to be a blessing to all singaporeans in spite of all the lamentations by the simple folks.....

    btw i don't work for the government..... i'm not even singaporean.....


    ho no, the more you say that, the more they will whack you

    yes, a lot of econonomists/analysts also say that it's a fair deal
    but oh wells
    there is also the other side
    and we all love to question, nothing wrong with that so long as we get the facts right

  19. #39

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    wow...u must be a master on this subject ...can u perhaps enlighten us whether it is wise to invest on equities listed on sgx in the short, medium and long terms?


    Quote Originally Posted by zj2000 View Post
    i don't care.... fact is I know much more about finance and the financial markets than the most ppl here and the fact is what cpf and the government is offering now is a damn good deal.... the compulsary annuity is going to be a blessing to all singaporeans in spite of all the lamentations by the simple folks.....

    btw i don't work for the government..... i'm not even singaporean.....

  20. #40

    Default Re: On CPF returns

    Quote Originally Posted by zj2000 View Post
    i don't care.... fact is I know much more about finance and the financial markets than the most ppl here and the fact is what cpf and the government is offering now is a damn good deal.... the compulsary annuity is going to be a blessing to all singaporeans in spite of all the lamentations by the simple folks.....

    btw i don't work for the government..... i'm not even singaporean.....
    Hahaha...I really do not know how much you really know about finance...

    Do you know what is the rate Australia banks are offering for 6 month and 12 month terms deposit for the past 10 years?
    How much has Euro dollar appreciated over the years?
    How much have China and India funds appreciated over the years?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •