if u r comparing f.d now..yes, its very low, due to the recent years..interest rate have been slashing since '97 to help keep the economy alive..but how abt before '97?
u can call me pessimistic, but i'm really doubting Singapore future..everything is so virtual..
can see, cannot feel..
This is an electronic post which requires no signature.
i admired the courage of mp sin, ong and a nmp for speaking up for higher interest rates for us. hurrah!!
If you does, you will start to have a questioning mind on the returns for ur CPF contribution
What's GIC role in society ?
Where does the money in GIC comes from ?
Where profits from GIC goes to.
Salaries of the top brass in GIC.
The problem is I dunno and I dun care !!!
Last edited by Static; 20th September 2007 at 02:49 PM.
陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo
1) how much do we have to pay all our civil servants, when most of the jobs they do earn nothing for the gahment?
2) how much do all those projects like ir, mrt line development, small stuff like making every mrt station have a minisupermarket or something, road repair, pipe repair, etc cost?
3) did you really, really think that taxes alone can cover this?
always very easy to ask question, not so easy to answer, doesn't mean there is no answer
me, i'm happy with the fact that
1) i can go shoot punggol until 8 pm without getting into big trouble even when wearing my mp3 player with headphones with no fear
2) yes, the wait for the bus is sometimes very long, and prices go up and keep going up but hey, i've been elsewhere before, elsewhere either has no public transport or public transport sucks like hell
3) ditto for train
along with many other things, granted singapore ain't perfect, but it has its pros, there are cons and no one denies that, but if you just see the cons and hope for a perfect system where all's rosy - then my question is, wait until there is a perfect dslr, then there will be a perfect country to live in
and if the system is not to your liking, make a difference instead - easier said than done, but can you make canon put in-body is on its dslrs overnight? no? same thing here
all i know, is that singapore is my home, and i won't exchange it for anywhere else in the world. and i also only know that people who can never be content will never be content, just take for example our landscapes, we have so many, so beautiful, but people keep asking for GREAT MOUNTAINS, BIG RIVERS, when the beauty is right in front of them look at imran's photoblog, i doubt the great canyon can compare to some of his pictures, but maybe it's just me
Last edited by night86mare; 20th September 2007 at 06:53 PM.
All i can deduce from this thread is that Singaporeans like to complain and most ppl in this thread knows nothing about finance and long term risk and return
btw i don't work for the government..... i'm not even singaporean.....
Do you know what is the rate Australia banks are offering for 6 month and 12 month terms deposit for the past 10 years?
How much has Euro dollar appreciated over the years?
How much have China and India funds appreciated over the years?