Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did he do it?

Default Re: How did he do it?

hmmm, indeed. obviously, tt's an understatement. it'll undoubtedly be undermining and desecrating a myriad of photographers' profession and workmanship.

Deregistered

Thumbs up Re: How did he do it?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    on another note, looking at those pictures
    he uses canon g5 and digital rebel xt (350d right?) primarily
    keeping in mind the other thread where people were laughing at other photographer's equipment
    let this be a lesson that not just anyone can shoot
    any equipment can shoot good pictures also
    even prosumer (g5)

wellllllll said...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Thirun Sammy View Post
    no doubt heavily photoshopped... but i think he drew in the ray of light like this one

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=6197724

inconsistent shading in the grass area, in fact i think the tree in the foreground is pieced in.

and this shot, is obviously heavy DI-ing:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5539243

im sure its all individually pieced together, the sky, the kids are prob not from one shot and the birds are def. not from the same shot.

but with this much DI-ing, is it still photography?

BUT they're all aesthetically pleasing.
    Yes, I do agree with you.

Layer, masking, level. has been use... And he has to spend really a lot of time.
    Last edited by nicholas68; 25th September 2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: text

Alot of photomanipulation.. blending of different subjects/textures/effects from diff photos, and alot of painting involved.

By the way, I think alot of people on deviantart are technically better or on level with him, although they might not go for his style of trying to make things look somewhat believable. Check under the photomanupulations category, most popular.
    Last edited by Lolrence; 25th September 2007 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas68 View Post
    Yes, I do agree with you.

Layer, masking, level. has been use... And he has to spend really a lot of time.
    What about those people who created this kind of shots even before Photoshop was popular? Layer? Masking? Level?

I have shot negatives which print out on any lab and you can get this effect. First you need to set up this kind of scene to shoot. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, if you guys are really interested, join one of the Sunday outings by Photo-Art and you'll get to know how it's being created. I'm not sure if PSS does this kind of outings.

Be prepared to wake up early beacuse once you miss the golden hour, you don't get this kind of lighting mood anymore.

Been searching for Rarindra Prakarsa's workflow on the net but to no avail. Anybody knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirun Sammy View Post
    no doubt heavily photoshopped... but i think he drew in the ray of light like this one

inconsistent shading in the grass area, in fact i think the tree in the foreground is pieced in.

and this shot, is obviously heavy DI-ing:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5539243

im sure its all individually pieced together, the sky, the kids are prob not from one shot and the birds are def. not from the same shot.

but with this much DI-ing, is it still photography?

BUT they're all aesthetically pleasing.
    Rarindra Prakarsaphoto.net patron, December 04, 2007; 03:03 A.M.
    The Light

Thanks Mr Adamus, But the light not artificial...

Good pictures and mood but seems this light effect is soft overlay.
    Anyway, good job for this man.

Andy Warhol used only a simple Polaroid camera to take some of his work.
    It is the person behind the tools & camera, not the tools or camera that are used!

A lot of "haters" in this thread... Just enjoy the man's creative work of art... If anyone thinks he can do better, then don't bother commenting if all you can do is snicker... Like what others (majority) have said, just because it's PP'd doesn't mean his skills are any less impressive.

I just went in to see this guys works and it looks more like paintings than pre-processed photos. They are nice in itself, but does get abit too much after awhile. Many of the photos looks a bit "fake", and I guess it is because of the large amounts of PP.

I would say that knowing how to use Photoshop to do something like this also takes skill, talent and ability. I tried using Photoshop and it was not easy... so I decided to learn to get the one shot kill kind of pics I look at this guy's works more as art on a canvas... and it does take cretivity to do that too...
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Kermitfm View Post
    We are short-changing the artist. Photoshop is just a tool. You need an eye for the composition and the skill and creativity to produce these art pieces - not to mention patience, colour sense etc... I don't think 'anyone' can be a pro.
    Fully agreed.
    To be a pro with photoshop is akin to being a pro with a DSLR.

It will be awhile before many of us comes close. =)
    D3s / D3x / 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 / 55-200 f3.5-5.6 / 50 f1.8

This guy is awesome. I'm in the smoke and mirror business, so I'm not really caring how anyone gets the shot done, so long as it looks good! (and on budget :P )

Quote Originally Posted by alvin View Post
    This guy is awesome. I'm in the smoke and mirror business, so I'm not really caring how anyone gets the shot done, so long as it looks good! (and on budget :P )
    Precisely! hate those "it's too-ps-ed" wankers.

Quote Originally Posted by satan_18349 View Post
    Precisely! hate those "it's too-ps-ed" wankers.
    roger creber:

The success or otherwise of the final picture is really what counts, rather than how you got there. So, does this mean that vision is more important than style?

ultimately it is the 'intention' and 'outcome' that matters. arguments about whether it looks fake or overly done is pointless. the emphasis on the lighting (be it fake or natural) is beautiful and surreal...and apart from the PP, composition of the pictures i feel are top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    roger creber:

The success or otherwise of the final picture is really what counts, rather than how you got there. So, does this mean that vision is more important than style?
    Both are important to the end product. They compliment each other.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldkhoo View Post
    I just went in to see this guys works and it looks more like paintings than pre-processed photos. They are nice in itself, but does get abit too much after awhile. Many of the photos looks a bit "fake", and I guess it is because of the large amounts of PP.

I would say that knowing how to use Photoshop to do something like this also takes skill, talent and ability. I tried using Photoshop and it was not easy... so I decided to learn to get the one shot kill kind of pics I look at this guy's works more as art on a canvas... and it does take cretivity to do that too...
    I agree his work is more of a painting than photography. He paints with photoshop. Not a bad thing but may not be in everybody's taste. Some colour are too saturated for the light at that particular angle (eg morning)

Seem his work in the past before.
    I'd say he's more of a graphic artist than a photographer...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast