Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did he do it?

Default Re: How did he do it?

Wow thats a great portfolio! Thanks for the link!

Not everyone with photoshop can be a pro. I use photoshop but my photos are disgraceful compared to those.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by kernel View Post
    Try this one, I believe he is the master and original creator of this effect.

http://andrzejdragan.com/
    Kernel, thanks for the link... After seeing the this person work... My eyes ball almost POP OUT! mouth cannot close for about 1 minute !!!! simply unbelieveable...

no doubt heavily photoshopped... but i think he drew in the ray of light like this one

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=6197724

inconsistent shading in the grass area, in fact i think the tree in the foreground is pieced in.

and this shot, is obviously heavy DI-ing:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5539243

im sure its all individually pieced together, the sky, the kids are prob not from one shot and the birds are def. not from the same shot.

but with this much DI-ing, is it still photography?

BUT they're all aesthetically pleasing.

from this size doubt you can tell if it's di

second shot is probably due to logical deduction, but overall i don't think the guy usually di's his stuff a lot

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    from this size doubt you can tell if it's di

second shot is probably due to logical deduction, but overall i don't think the guy usually di's his stuff a lot
    Mostly salon style photos. We have been creating this kind of photos long before digital was popular. Some darkroom work is involved, mainly burning and dodging but a lot of it is created during shooting by extensive use of reflectors, smoke generators etc to get the lighting and mood right.

You might want to check out this society. I've been a member since '89 (I can't really remember when) but I haven't participated in their activities for more than 10 years already. Check out the Sunday Outings and Studio Lighting to see if you like their style.
    http://www.photoart-sg.com/
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 19th September 2007 at 01:16 AM.

Rarindra Prakarsa uses Canon EOS Rebel XT

Quote Originally Posted by mamangrock View Post
    Rarindra Prakarsa uses Canon EOS Rebel XT
    Is that important?

for the light rays you have to be in the right place at the right time

there's one picture featured in one of the campus newsletter that had the similar light rays taken near the live firing area.

very interesting style of photography.
    chezburgr i can haz?

His style of photography is good. Most of the photos have to be at the right place and time to get the photos. I have interest to buy one of his photo to learn his style.
    His photo can be bought at US $300 for the pdf files where you can study his technic. Anyone keen to share to buy his best photo PSD files?
    Or which is his best photo you like?
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

think he may play with filters and color mixer in any of PS method, if it is a digital photo, in conventional way, it could be done by add color filterd

Quote Originally Posted by Nenjia View Post
    think he may play with filters and color mixer in any of PS method, if it is a digital photo, in conventional way, it could be done by add color filterd
    Yes, I agree.

When I started taking pictures 17 years ago, I saw a photographer brought out filters & color mixer from his camera bag. He was so good at it that I look with my mouth open.

wow.... the images are appalling!

Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    wow.... the images are appalling!
    Errr.. what do you mean 'appalling' (=aweful, horrendous). I think you meant appealing?

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Is that important?
    I guess what he meant was that : in the earlier post, there were people talking about the equipment the photographer was using to take these shots... therefore he pointed out that this photographer was using 350D.

Not in particular reason commenting on the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermitfm View Post
    Errr.. what do you mean 'appalling' (=aweful, horrendous). I think you meant appealing?
    awefully beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Is that important?
    It is important, isn't it? It shows us that good images don't necessarily come from the best cameras.

I'm constantly amazed by the quality of photos produced by photographers using lower end DSLRs on Flickr. Makes me sad sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by oswin View Post
    It is important, isn't it? It shows us that good images don't necessarily come from the best cameras.

I'm constantly amazed by the quality of photos produced by photographers using lower end DSLRs on Flickr. Makes me sad sometimes
    If you think about it that way.. Yeah.. there's some significance in it. I think if you give him anything he can get this kind of images also.

Thank you for highlighting this guy's gallery. Every single pic in there is beautiful! Great lighting, great subject matter. Every picture is a work of art.

I think I see some HDR work in there, coupled with artful blending and selective masking to highlight the main point of interest. Getting the picture, apparently, is just the first step.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    on another note, looking at those pictures
    he uses canon g5 and digital rebel xt (350d right?) primarily
    keeping in mind the other thread where people were laughing at other photographer's equipment
    let this be a lesson that not just anyone can shoot
    any equipment can shoot good pictures also
    even prosumer (g5)

great word!!!"any equipment can shoot good pictures also"

I don't want to go into the argument of 'DI or not'.

Composition, PP and colours are all very good. The basics are there, and the picture works as a whole.

I found that comment, "with photoshop, anybody can be a pro", very very degrading and very biased.

Give any man photoshop and a photo. I doubt that without artistic direction, a concept, an idea, a spark, a beautiful result will be produced.

Give a man photoshop with a decent photo. As long as he knows what he's working towards, and knows the tools needed to produce the what he needs, then I assure you, the results will be vastly different from the first case.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast