Thread: installment payment at MS color

Default installment payment at MS color

just asking for the installment payment does we have to have Credit card??
    thanks ..

Default Re: installment payment at MS color

i believe you do...

only big stores like Courts doesn't require u to have a credit card but i think u still need a proof of income

Quote Originally Posted by pandaze View Post
    thanks ..
    Hi pandaze,

I believe what the shop offers you is credit card installment plan. Which means it's the bank(credit card issuer) who offers the installment plan instead of the shop. Which means when u pay monthly, u pay the bank, the shop just take ur card and swipe, and after that, it's between you and the bank liao.

Cheers

SS

5 years back there was still Hire Purchase.
    Some credit companies (Hitachi) ,not credit card, will offer to lend you $$ for your purchase.
    A fee of $30 processing non-refundable to apply. They will compare your income and whatever background they have then decide to lend you the cash or not. As high as 5% interest thereabouts.
    This was popular at PC fairs where I worked. Some customers actually have their application rejected and they lose $30.

Now I only see CC 0% interest repayment plans. Or those from courts.
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis of a government
    Flickr

thanks ..
    How abt picking up a phone and calling them?

Yup, I checked with them before. They only offer 0% installments from credit card companies but do bear in mind that there is a surcharge cos you're paying by credit card.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Yup, I checked with them before. They only offer 0% installments from credit card companies but do bear in mind that there is a surcharge cos you're paying by credit card.
    er....i dun think it is a good idea to state it here...coz it goes against their agreement with the card companies....

but usually they quote the price inclusive of the surcharge, except for those really rare best prices
    G

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by dark_fusion View Post
    How abt picking up a phone and calling them?
    i second it. tel:64576380

Deregistered

They (MS color) will accept credit card installment but with i tin is 7% interest. The shop will not absord the interest u have to pay... Tat wat they told mi... Hope this help

Quote Originally Posted by excelglsi View Post
    They (MS color) will accept credit card installment but with i tin is 7% interest. The shop will not absord the interest u have to pay... Tat wat they told mi... Hope this help
    I tot that interest free instalment plan thru credit card does not charge interest at all. I understand that Alan photo used to tie up with UOB credit card on interest free instalment scheme. As long as u pay monthly to the bank until maturity and no prepayment, no interest charge at all. Or am i misrepresented?
    Canon 7D, Fujifilm X-T1, 70-200IS f4L, 17-55 f2.8, G12, Fujifilm 23mm, 35mm & 18-55mm.

Most 0% interest installments at shops and malls requires a credit card... but you are actually paying more than what you will normally pay... this is because...

(1) Well.. you are right to say that there is no interest charges (i.e. 0% interest on the purchase amount)... but read the small prints or give the credit company a call to ask about the "admin" charge. If I remember correctly, it is somewhere in the 2% region of the purchase amount..

(2) Most smaller shops give discount for CASH or NETS purchase.. so if you pay using credit card (regardless of using the installment plan or not), you dun enjoy the discount..

so.. do your maths carefully if you are considering using your credit cards for 0% installment payments.. gauge for yourself if getting your dream equipments early is worth the extra $$ ...
    Last edited by DaGimCi C0d3; 17th September 2007 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGimCi C0d3 View Post
    Most 0% interest installments at shops and malls requires a credit card... but you are actually paying more than what you will normally pay... this is because...

(1) Well.. you are right to say that there is no interest charges (i.e. 0% interest on the purchase amount)... but read the small prints or give the credit company a call to ask about the "admin" charge. If I remember correctly, it is somewhere in the 2% region of the purchase amount..

(2) Most smaller shops give discount for CASH or NETS purchase.. so if you pay using credit card (regardless of using the installment plan or not), you dun enjoy the discount..

so.. do your maths carefully if you are considering using your credit cards for 0% installment payments.. gauge for yourself if getting your dream equipments early is worth the extra $$ ...

Thanks for enlightening me cos i've never tried it before. Not even aware that there is a small print stating admin charge.
    Canon 7D, Fujifilm X-T1, 70-200IS f4L, 17-55 f2.8, G12, Fujifilm 23mm, 35mm & 18-55mm.

wooo..thanks a lot guys..think i just go down buy with cash ba ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DaGimCi C0d3 View Post

for 0% installment payment plan (0% IPP) offered by retailers, there is no admin charge payable. for cards with automatic or 0% instalment payment plan as offered by the card issuer (not retailer), there is actually an admin charge payable.

point 2 is true though it is actually against the credit card company agreement with the retailer. so try not to broadcast it when u get a discount that is only valid with cash payment only... u do not know if any credit card company guy is reading.....
    G

wooo..thanks a lot guys..think i just go down buy with cash ba ^^
    payment by cash often offers the best discount as card reward points are always in the region of 0.5-2% (except petrol - 5%) discount through cash rebates or reward points.

however, credit card payment offers a good alternative if u do not have the cash upfront (beware of rolling over your credit though...) and credit card payment thru 0% instalment payment plan actually results in you paying lesser coz of inflation.. (therefore even though you are paying the same instalment every month, but the value of the payment goes down due to inflation each month)....
    G