Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Rooney's goal was a gem! Man Utd seem to come to life after Tevez came on. A tough game and managed to win. Now need another 4 points from the 2 games again Kiev and should qualify already. Away to Kiev in winter will be tough. Hargreaves is a major disappointment man. Sian!
    Think we should be able to collect min 4pts for the game against Kiev at Kiev Olympic n OT the following week on the 7th nov.

On the night where the big boys AC, Pool, RM, buang we must not take things for granted hope the boys can learn a leeson or 2 from their buangs.

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    hm.... so surprise that chelsea won , tough fighting spirit , liverpool lost
    yeah... this abit surprising....lets see whether the make it to the 2nd round! Anybody's guess!

Edwin back at Villa

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Edwin van der Sar's toe injury is a recurrence of a knock that forced the stopper out of Holland's recent friendly against Switzerland.

The 36-year-old collided with Liverpool forward and international team-mate Dirk Kuyt during a Dutch training session on 21 August but recovered in time to face Tottenham at Old Trafford that weekend.

Van der Sar aggravated the injury at St. Andrews in United's 1-0 win last Saturday and United boss Ferguson says the goalkeeper is likely to miss "a couple of games".

"He picked up an injury training with Holland some weeks ago and it's resurfaced," Sir Alex told United Radio. "We'll give him a few days' break and it looks like we'll have him back for our trip to Villa Park [on Saturday 20 October]."

Ferguson insisted van der Sar's problem wasn't serious and ruled out any suggestion that United's no.1 had become the latest victim of a broken metatarsal.

"Every time a player goes down holding his foot these days you get people talking about metatarsals, but it's not that. It's a toe injury and he should be back in a couple of games."

Ronaldo: I'm here to stay

Cristiano Ronaldo says he is here to stay for as long as the club want him.

As one of the best players in the world, the 22-year-old has understandably attracted interest from clubs across the globe. But he insists he is happy in Manchester.

"Sometimes in the past I have thought about other clubs but I took a decision to stay because this is the right place for me," he said at the launch of his new book, 'Moments.'

"When the club say they don't want me anymore is only when I will leave. I enjoy my life here.

"I have everything I need at this club, it's fantastic. Nobody knows what will happen in the future, only God. But at the moment I am at the right club and I enjoy my life here."

After a superb campaign last season when he cleaned up in the personal award stakes, Ronaldo is continually looking to improve his game. He feels he is at the perfect club to do this and says he is living his dream.

"This is the right club for me in every way - the people, the players, the fans, everything," he insists. "Everything has been fantastic for me.

"I've enjoyed playing for this club for the last five years and I want to keep going. I want to stay and be part of the history of this club.

"I never thought I would one day play for Manchester United. It's a dream come true. I've grown up very quickly and I feel very proud to be playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world."

After helping the Reds reclaim the title last season, Ronaldo admits his ultimate dream would be to lift the European Cup in Moscow next May.

The Reds currently sit top of Group F after securing consecutive 1-0 victories over Sporting Lisbon and Roma in their opening two matches and the winger hopes United can keep their winning form going all the way through to the final.

"Winning the Premier League was a great feeling, but my dream this season is to win the Champions League," he declared. "We have the players to do it, we have everything. So why not?"
    ...meaning he will be leaving after winning CL?
    Haizz...This guy forever thinking of leaving but this guy is smart he learnt lesson from those guys ex who write books n pisses SAF then later got bench then ban by the Gaffer, so now of cos he dare not voice anything abt leaving cos i think he might be leaving at the end of the season

Rooney's goal was a gem! Man Utd seem to come to life after Tevez came on. A tough game and managed to win. Now need another 4 points from the 2 games again Kiev and should qualify already. Away to Kiev in winter will be tough. Hargreaves is a major disappointment man. Sian!
    despite our better performance than the last few games, i think lady luck was also on our side. roma had about 3 very good chances but lucky, none went in

i really thought perrotta would score at that moment...
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Ronaldo: I'm here to stay

...meaning he will be leaving after winning CL?
    Haizz...This guy forever thinking of leaving but this guy is smart he learnt lesson from those guys ex who write books n pisses SAF then later got bench then ban by the Gaffer, so now of cos he dare not voice anything abt leaving cos i think he might be leaving at the end of the season
    aiyaa, that guy is too ambitious. i think if barca or real madrid come knocking at our door, his heart sure not in man u liao. and i think that will be end of this season or next.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    despite our better performance than the last few games, i think lady luck was also on our side. roma had about 3 very good chances but lucky, none went in

i really thought perrotta would score at that moment...
    Based from our recent performances, I think only hit 3 gear maz only, so to get the result was great. Roma was quite unlucky to miss in the final minutes but they took out Ronaldo, so Man Utd was 1 man down.

Liverpool was disappointing. I really pity those fans, paying good money to watch this type of football dished out week in week out.

Chelsea was quite awesome man. Really power. Celtic lagi best, beat Milan and Dida was really in acting.

Super bad news!

Carrick sidelined by broken elbow

Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick will be out of action for up to six weeks with a fractured right elbow.
    The injury also means the 26-year-old will miss England's crucial upcoming Euro 2008 qualifying games against Estonia and Russia.

He suffered the injury during the latter stages of United's Champions League victory over Roma on Tuesday.

Carrick appeared fine immediately after the game, but X-rays have revealed the full extent of the problem.

Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick will be out of action for up to six weeks with a fractured right elbow.
    The injury also means the 26-year-old will miss England's crucial upcoming Euro 2008 qualifying games against Estonia and Russia.

He suffered the injury during the latter stages of United's Champions League victory over Roma on Tuesday.

Carrick appeared fine immediately after the game, but X-rays have revealed the full extent of the problem.

He will probably be missing until the trip to Bolton on 24 November, which means he is likely to miss five Premier League matches as well as United's two Champions League ties against Dynamo Kiev.

With Hargreaves and Fletcher out and now Carrick, Scholes is the only fit central midfielder. This is a disaster! Now left O'Shea who just recover from injury and Anderson, who isn't ready for EPL action yet.

Hiazzz.....Hargreaves and Carrick will not be ready for at least 5-6 weeks. Really bad news.
    Last edited by afbug; 4th October 2007 at 10:13 PM.

Liverpool was disappointing. I really pity those fans, paying good money to watch this type of football dished out week in week out.
    Crap Liverpool, and just to think I was slating Manure just a few weeks ago for not being able to win, Liverpool makes those Manure performances look so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Crap Liverpool, and just to think I was slating Manure just a few weeks ago for not being able to win, Liverpool makes those Manure performances look so good.
    Not able to win? U meant win beautifully? Man Utd have been winning although the team have not hit top gear yet. Scare your pants off rite? Yeah Liverpooborh made even SAFFC look awesome.

Man! You guys are better off alone! The singing was awesome before the match, and the booing was equally great after the match.

Think we should be able to collect min 4pts for the game against Kiev at Kiev Olympic n OT the following week on the 7th nov.

On the night where the big boys AC, Pool, RM, buang we must not take things for granted hope the boys can learn a leeson or 2 from their buangs.
    Now with Carrick, Hargreaves and Fletcher out, can get a draw away to Kiev is already very good liao. At home, a win is a must if wanna top the group.

After the double header with Kiev, its away to Roma and at home to Sporting Lisbon.

AC's form isn't very good. They also bung in their league. Pool is a mystery that only they can comprehend. Dun think RM buang la. Away to Lazio isn't very easy. Those that buang are the German clubs except Schalke 04. I think Germany will miss B.Munich.

Saha earns France recall

France coach Raymond Domenech has recalled Louis Saha for this month's Euro 2008 qualifiers against the Faroe Islands and at home to Lithuania.

The 29-year-old Reds striker started his first game since February in the 1-0 victory over Roma on Tuesday.

He has scored twice coming off the bench this season, against Sunderland and Chelsea, but he hasn't played for les bleus since scoring in the 5-0 win over the Faroe Islands in October 2006.

"There is a lot of competition between the strikers," Domenech told reporters.

The French coach has left out Juventus striker David Trezeguet, who has scored seven goals in Serie A already this season.

The World Cup finalists, who suffered a shock defeat to Scotland last month, are currently third in Group B, are away to the Faroe Islands on 13 October before meeting Lithuania in Nantes four days later.

Domenech also included United left-back Patrice Evra in his squad.
    Oh no! Hope he get away injury free man! We already being plaque with injuries snice the end of last season till now!

Vida wins monthly award

Wayne Rooney's first goal of the season was enough to earn the Reds' no.10 the Man of the Match award against AS Roma, as voted by ManUtd.com users, while Nemanja Vidic has been voted ManUtd.com's Player of the Month for September.

Rooney, whose second-half strike sealed a second 1-0 victory in this season's Champions League campaign, garnered 32 per cent of the vote, with Rio Ferdinand and Nani close behind.

But, while Rooney may have been the pick of the bunch on Tuesday, Vidic was rewarded for his outstanding displays in September with the ManUtd.com monthly accolade.

Almost 10,000 voters took part in the official player of the month poll, which pitted Vidic against Wes Brown, Cristiano Ronaldo, Louis Saha and Edwin van der Sar. It was tight, but in the end the Serbian centre-back emerged victorious with an impressive 30 per cent of the vote.

Edwin van der Sar, who didn't concede a goal all month and whose heroics kept United in the match against Sporting Lisbon, ran a close second on 27 per cent.
    At last this award Ronaldo din win!

Kuszczak eyes No.1 spot

Tomasz Kuszczak will continue goalkeeping duties for United against Wigan Athletic on Saturday in the absence of Edwin van der Sar, and the Polish shot-stopper is relishing a run in the first team.

After replacing the Dutchman, who came off with a toe injury against Birmingham, Kuszczak went on to keep Steve Bruce's men out before earning a clean sheet against Roma. With van der Sar not expected back until United take on Aston Villa, 25-year-old Tomasz is determined to prove himself.

"I know I am a good goalkeeper, I just need the opportunity to show it," he said. "I don't think about how long I have got to do that. Edwin is injured at the moment, so I have the chance to play in big games and I need to do well.

"I want to play more," he added. "That is why it's important for me to perform in every single game. I enjoy every game at Old Trafford because the fans are great and when you have a full stadium, it is dream to play there.

"I have been happy with my form and feel I did well in pre-season. I was determined to fight for my place but, unfortunately, I started the season on the bench again. Most importanly, the team is in good shape and we are keeping clean sheets and defending well."
    I think he should be able to step into VDS's shoe soon base on his perfomance against Roma!

Super bad news!

Carrick sidelined by broken elbow

He will probably be missing until the trip to Bolton on 24 November, which means he is likely to miss five Premier League matches as well as United's two Champions League ties against Dynamo Kiev.

With Hargreaves and Fletcher out and now Carrick, Scholes is the only fit central midfielder. This is a disaster! Now left O'Shea who just recover from injury and Anderson, who isn't ready for EPL action yet.

Hiazzz.....Hargreaves and Carrick will not be ready for at least 5-6 weeks. Really bad news.
    Alamak we really got problem liao first defence, then the non-scoring fowards, injured 1st choice keeper now big hole in the midfield!

who will be capable for the replacement?

Now with Carrick, Hargreaves and Fletcher out, can get a draw away to Kiev is already very good liao. At home, a win is a must if wanna top the group.

After the double header with Kiev, its away to Roma and at home to Sporting Lisbon.

AC's form isn't very good. They also bung in their league. Pool is a mystery that only they can comprehend. Dun think RM buang la. Away to Lazio isn't very easy. Those that buang are the German clubs except Schalke 04. I think Germany will miss B.Munich.
    RM their form in La liga is quite ok wat!

Ya hor speaking of B.Munich where did they go huh?

Match Pack: Wigan Athletic

United have won six of the last eight matches by a slender 1-0 margin, but maybe, just maybe, the floodgates will open on Saturday. After all, the Reds have thumped 16 goals past Wigan Athletic in the last five meetings, a feat that included the 4-0 Carling Cup final whitewash in 2006.

Form guide: The football hasn't always been pretty, but United have still been winning matches. The Reds can go top of the league – at least for 24 hours – if Sir Alex's men can earn another three points on Saturday. Wigan are without a win since 18 August, although Chris Hutchings' side were unlucky not to get a point against Liverpool last weekend. Interestingly, the Latics have never beaten United.

Ins and outs: Edwin van der Sar is still sidelined with a toe injury, while Wes Brown is doubtful after missing Roma's visit in midweek. Owen Hargreaves (knee) has also been ruled out for up to a month. Birmingham will definitely be without England striker Emile Heskey (foot), Denny Landzaat (eye socket) and Antonio Valencia (knee), while Antoine Sibierski (hamstring) remains a doubt after missing last weekend's fixture.

Star men: Wayne Rooney has scored four times in five games against Wigan and will be looking for more after getting off the mark this sason in Tuesday's Champions League match. Wigan, meanwhile, will look to creative midfielder and dead ball specialist Jason Koumas to provide the sparks.

What are the odds? 7/1 on United to win 1-0. More odds: www.manutd.com/bet
    Another 1-0 win for

RM their form in La liga is quite ok wat!

Ya hor speaking of B.Munich where did they go huh?
    bayern is not in champs league this season. they are in uefa cup. with klose and luca toni as 2 solid front man, plus scarface quite on form currently, i thikn they should win uefa cup

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    bayern is not in champs league this season. they are in uefa cup. with klose and luca toni as 2 solid front man, plus scarface quite on form currently, i thikn they should win uefa cup
    Sad man 1st time they nt in CL ....close one eye can win the UEFA CUP, they will definately be miss especially Oliver Khan my fav german keeper of the century!

I dun wanna see Saha getting recalled into the French squad! He is so delicate, have to use and preserve him sparingly!

The injuries are really killing Man Utd's ambitions for the season. Wes Brown out as well. Tomorrow against Wigan dunno who will be in midfield assuming O'Shea will cover Brown.

I think no defensive midfielder tomorrow. Either Giggs or Anderson will partner Scholes in midfield I guess.

That means Nani will start on the flanks. Pre-season, it seems like Man Utd have many midfielders but after 3 KOed, down to barebones. It din help that Neville and Brown injured as well.

Injury list:
    VDS
    Neville
    Brown
    Carrick
    Hargreaves
    Fletcher
    Ronaldo got stitches in his forehead

Saha and Rooney just recovered, can't really afford any more injuries. Hope we have some luck in this aspect. Especially the strikers as only have 3 left.
    Last edited by afbug; 5th October 2007 at 09:29 PM.

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast