Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Agreed youngster should be given the chance n gain experience, will do the same if i were in the situation!
    Rather they stumble in the Carling cup then they struggle in EPL, CL n FA CUP competition!
    I think either Man Utd youngsters **** up last nite or they cannot make it. I think they got overawed by the occassion.

Man that was a bad result even for League Cup. Losing at home 2-0 is Those young punks, only CL got hope for them or maybe FA cup against a small team, if not, they will not feature for the club.
    Last edited by afbug; 28th September 2007 at 01:31 AM.

Think the youngster just need more time to adjust to life in the EPL if SAF have exposed them earlier like last season this season they just need brushing up but now i think they need more!

Anyway 12hrs to go!!! Another 1-0 score line?

Sir Alex eyes loan transfers

Sir Alex Ferguson says a number of United’s young players may have to go out on loan to get the challenges they need to progress their careers after the Reds bowed out of the Carling Cup on Wednesday.

The 2-0 defeat to Coventry at Old Trafford left the Reds boss “shocked” and “flabbergasted” after his young side – with an average age of 21 – never really got going against Iain Dowie’s committed side.

The competition had been viewed as an opportunity to give the likes of Gerard Pique, Danny Simpson, Jonny Evans, Chris Eagles, Lee Martin and Dong Fangzhuo the chance to show what they can do.

With that avenue now cut off, there could be loan moves for a number of that group, although Pique and Simpson may be held back as defensive cover.

"It was a shock to us,” said the boss at his Friday press conference. “But the one thing that perhaps mitigated it was the fact that they've not had enough football as a team.

"We looked at the League Cup as an opportunity for these players to play,” he added. "Now that's gone I think we'll have to review the situation with one or two of them going on loan, because they do need football.

"With (Gary) Neville and (Owen) Hargreaves coming back we've got a good strong squad. There'll have to be some that we have to keep. Pique was excellent on Wednesday. He was our best player along with Anderson. We'll probably keep Simpson as he can play both full-back positions. But I'm maybe looking at the rest going on loan as they need to play football.”

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Think the youngster just need more time to adjust to life in the EPL if SAF have exposed them earlier like last season this season they just need brushing up but now i think they need more!

Anyway 12hrs to go!!! Another 1-0 score line?
    They really need to get their act together, if not, they can forget about a career at Man Utd. But they seldom play as a team as SAF pointed out.

1-0 is not good enough!

yet another 1-0 result..better than nothing..but really need to buck up..

MU really does no have any form now , Rooney as usual lose balls , passes wrongly , pushes other people to get ball , playing like everybody own him money , charging here and there aimlessly also dun no what he is doing , he is like a Hesky to me, in fact worse , Haizz.. Not a gentleman at all , always describe by the media or papers as the ' golden boy' , really sick and tired of him.. Quicky let Saha and Tevez start up , should let him sit of the bench , always squandering so much chances , always require Ronaldo to save the day once more , SAF pls wake up your idea before is too late , the luck wun be forever . MAny defensive mistakes , luckily is birmingham , not AC milan.

I think today's midfield failed horribly. Can't control midfield and can't string decent passes. Tevez and Rooney have to drop deep to fight and get the ball.

Giggs, Scholes, Carrick all have an off day. Except for Ronaldo's goal, if not, really bad.

VDS also out for Roma game.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    I think today's midfield failed horribly. Can't control midfield and can't string decent passes. Tevez and Rooney have to drop deep to fight and get the ball.

Giggs, Scholes, Carrick all have an off day. Except for Ronaldo's goal, if not, really bad.

got to drop Rooney and give other people a chance

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post

Ya ... i think they lack the spirit n gt no hunger in them and wif VDS out for Roma (i think will be goin all out as they have just lost 1-4 to inter over the weekend n revenge their 7-0 lost last season) game, they better wake up their ideas if not it will be creating another history at OT another 7-0 win but this time it will be us picking the ball from the back of the net not the italians!

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    MU really does no have any form now , Rooney as usual lose balls , passes wrongly , pushes other people to get ball , playing like everybody own him money , charging here and there aimlessly also dun no what he is doing , he is like a Hesky to me, in fact worse , Haizz.. Not a gentleman at all , always describe by the media or papers as the ' golden boy' , really sick and tired of him.. Quicky let Saha and Tevez start up , should let him sit of the bench , always squandering so much chances , always require Ronaldo to save the day once more , SAF pls wake up your idea before is too late , the luck wun be forever . MAny defensive mistakes , luckily is birmingham , not AC milan.
    u macham say until rooney owe man u money,
    like man u playing badly becos of rooney.

why dun u say the same for giggs and scholes and tevez too? when all these 3 aren't playing well
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    u macham say until rooney owe man u money,
    like man u playing badly becos of rooney.

why dun u say the same for giggs and scholes and tevez too? when all these 3 aren't playing well

Rooney is playing every match like that , look at his past performances..
    Giggs , Schole tevez only for 1-2 matches
    FORM is temporary but CLASS is permanent
    and rooney no FORM no CLASS

Rooney is playing every match like that , look at his past performances..
    Giggs , Schole tevez only for 1-2 matches
    FORM is temporary but CLASS is permanent
    and rooney no FORM no CLASS
    His past performance is only 1 match this season. He was injured on the 1st day and only returned only 2 games ago.

He and Tevez till now only played 2 games together. And Tevez had a long season in Copa and no pre season training. It is the 2 old birds Giggs and Scholes that were the let down. Especially Scholes, he is very important to Man Utd's attack. If he fails, Utd's attack will suffer.

The key guy is Scholes acutally. Last season, he was on fire and the team was sublime.

to all bros,

i hope u guys understanding that is the english press which make him like a 'golden boy'
    let's just stop finding excuses for Rooney , honestly speaking my respect for him is -0
    Mc claren is smart enough not to use him and England start winning games , he is worse then Owen no pick up speed at all , all he know pushing his opponents when he lost possession , damn loser to me , man utd players all gentleman , he is the odd one out, he squandered all the possession that his teamates given him

to all bros,

i hope u guys understanding that is the english press which make him like a 'golden boy'
    let's just stop finding excuses for Rooney , honestly speaking my respect for him is -0
    Mc claren is smart enough not to use him and England start winning games , he is worse then Owen no pick up speed at all , all he know pushing his opponents when he lost possession , damn loser to me , man utd players all gentleman , he is the odd one out, he squandered all the possession that his teamates given him
    and so did giggs and scholes and other man u players the past few games.

all man utd players gentlemen except for rooney?? r u sure?
    hmm, who was the one who gave the "WINK" when trying to get rooney sent off in the recent world cup incident?
    Photo Album - Photo Album

to all bros,

Bro, what I posted are not excuses. He was injured hence McClaren can't pick him.

If you wanna pick on him, its fine but be reasonable. And that is his style, his strength is his plus point and so is Tevez. Strong guy as well.

Football isn't a gentleman's game. Snooker, golf are but not football, rugby etc. Him pushing and shoving is ok, players do it all the time but dun hack down people can already.

I dun think he is the golden boy at Man Utd but rather I think he is an important player for Man Utd and also because we've only 3 strikers left now. He is crucial to Man Utd's tite defence and so are all the 1st teamers.

At Man Utd, there is not golden boy as long as SAF is around. He will kick them out as long as he deem fit.

all man utd players gentlemen except for rooney?? r u sure?
    hmm, who was the one who gave the "WINK" when trying to get rooney sent off in the recent world cup incident?[/QUOTE]

at least they not so obvious push people after losing possession , Ronaldno is smarter , he uses his brains , most of the time he kana push not push people , despite kana boo he still manage to ooze class.

Ronaldo's best yet to come

After netting United's winner against Birmingham City, Cristiano Ronaldo insisted his best form is still to come.

The winger's 52nd minute solo effort at St. Andrews was his second goal of the season and gave United a fifth successive league victory.

Ronaldo, who bagged 23 goals last season, has been happy with his recent form but says he is yet to hit top gear.

"My form is coming," he told MUTV. "I always try to work hard in training and hopefully I will keep improving and more goals will come as well.

"But my main concern is the team - I think only about that. The most important thing in football is getting the three points and I was pleased we did that against Birmingham."

The 22-year-old admitted United rode their luck at times against Steve Bruce's men, but still felt they deserved the win.

"It was a very tough game against a good team. They created a few difficult moments for us, but thankfully we managed to keep them out," he said.

"We didn't play as well as we can, but sometimes you can win matches without playing well.

"Our good football is coming. We have great players at the club and great staff and we will improve."

Hargreaves: No Roma repeat

Owen Hargreaves says any thoughts of repeating last season's 7-1 thrashing of AS Roma should be instantly disregarded.

The 26-year-old could finally make his return from a thigh strain as the Serie A side head to Manchester on Tuesday, intent on reeking revenge for the defeat in April. Hargreaves, however, simply wants three points, whatever the scoreline.

"There will be no repeat of the 7-1," he said. "Those results happen perhaps once every four years in the entire competition. It's not going to happen again. As long as we get the three points, I'll be happy."

Hargreaves watched the game on television with his then team-mates at Bayern Munich, as they would have played the winners of the game if they beat AC Milan the following night.

Milan eventually knocked Bayern and United out. A tired, injury-ravaged Reds side were overpowered by a Milan team putting its entire efforts into the Champions League, while Sir Alex's men fought on two other fronts - the league and FA Cup. As a result, there's a clear determination to go a step further this year. But Hargreaves, a past winner with Bayern in 2001, says that's too far in the future.

"We're obviously one of the key teams in the Champions League but we can't think about winning it right now," he said. "We are in the same position as everyone else. It is only September, so the final is a long way off. The aim is to reach our peak later in the season. Hopefully we will get into the latter stages and then get the breaks any team needs to progress beyond that."

Defensive injury blow for Reds

The Reds have some defensive injury concerns ahead of AS Roma's visit to Old Trafford on Tuesday.

Edwin van der Sar had already been ruled out with a toe injury, he is now expected to miss the next "couple of weeks". Just as worringly, Sir Alex Ferguson is waiting anxiously to learn of the fitness of Nemanja Vidic and Wes Brown, who both picked up knocks during the 1-0 win over Birmingham City on Saturday.

"They are both doubts," he said at his pre-match press conference. "We'll have to wait on them. Neither trained Monday morning, and you don't really want players missing training the day before games. It will be difficult for us [if they don't play]."

With Gary Neville still out, Sir Alex will call on John O'Shea at right-back, while Vidic would be replaced by 20-year-old Spanish defender Gerard Pique.

The Reds could, however, be boosted by the return of midfielder Owen Hargreaves. The 26-year-old trained on Monday and is rated as a “possibility” by Sir Alex. The United boss did admit that he would have preferred Hargreaves, who hasn’t played since the start of September, to have more playing time under his belt.

“Owen trained on Monday with the team. He’s a possibility,” added Sir Alex. “I’d like him to have had some more football ahead of what is an important game. European football is a different game of course, in terms of speed and tactics. But we’ll see.”

But given the absence of van der Sar’s wealthy experience and the potential lack of Vidic and Brown – both outstanding so far this season – the manager may be tempted to throw Hargreaves into action to protect United’s back four.
    Again this is just like the same situation when we face them last season we also got problem wif our defence! Hope we can out score them!
    Last edited by melvin; 2nd October 2007 at 10:52 AM.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast