Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293437383940414449 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    So when u organising next for us?
    Still trying to look for a model with that certain alluring look

I have already got the latest black jersey :kiss

wah we kena a premiership team again leh for next round of FA Cup. either spurs or reading.
    Not fair man, other teams e.g. chelsea seems to be having an easier route

Our other home is at Anfield!
    Oh yeah! This is Anfield! Our fav hunting ground! Almost gurantee 3 pts!

Quote Originally Posted by edarkflame View Post
    wah we kena a premiership team again leh for next round of FA Cup. either spurs or reading.
    Its like that. Man Utd's luck at FA Cup draw isn't too good these 2 years. Last year's run was tough as well but still we made it to the final but lost to a Drogba goal.

Luckly its at home, so higher chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Still trying to look for a model with that certain alluring look

I have already got the latest black jersey :kiss
    Let us know when u found 'THE ONE'!

Quote Originally Posted by edarkflame View Post
    Its ok we take on whoever comes along, actually prefer premiership team then 'Gaint Killing' teams losing or draw against lower division team!

Reds get top-flight draw

United have been drawn at home against either Tottenham Hotspur or Reading in the FA Cup fourth round.

The Reds beat Aston Villa 2-0 in the third round with goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney.

Spurs and Reading drew 2-2 at White Hart Lane on Saturday, setting up a replay at the Madesjski on Tuesday 15 January.

FA Cup Fourth Round Draw
    Arsenal v Stoke City/Newcastle
    Coventry v Walsall/Millwall
    Oldham v Huddersfield Town
    Wigan v Chelsea
    Luton/Liverpool v Swansea/Havant & Waterlooville
    Southend v Barnsley
    Southampton v Norwich/Bury
    Man Utd v Tottenham/Reading
    Portsmouth v Plymouth
    Derby/Sheff Wed v Preston
    Watford v Wolves
    Peterborough v Charlton/West Brom
    Sheff Utd v West Ham/Man City
    Mansfield v Middlesbrough
    Tranmere/Hereford v Cardiff

Fourth round ties will be played on 26 and 27 January
    Last edited by melvin; 8th January 2008 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Oh yeah! This is Anfield! Our fav hunting ground! Almost gurantee 3 pts!
    Ya man .... All we need is just a shot at goal!

Manucho strikes for Angola

New United signing Manucho was on target for Angola as they continue their preparations for the African Nations Cup later this month.

The 24-year-old striker, who impressed on a three-week trial late last year, must wait to be granted a work permit before being allowed to complete his move to Old Trafford.

The Angolan forward struck the only goal of the friendly match against Dutch side Willem II in Portugal on Sunday.

Angola play Egypt in Lisbon on Thursday in their next warm-up match before their opening game African Nations Cup against South Africa in Tamale on 23 January.

Manucho strikes for Angola
    better keep quiet lah, later chel$ki go and sign him up... manU want, chel$ki oso want...

Quote Originally Posted by iskofil View Post
    better keep quiet lah, later chel$ki go and sign him up... manU want, chel$ki oso want...
    I tot we sign him liao.......pending for work permit!!!

What kind of pic do Man U fans here like to shoot? me like to do model and travel photography
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

What kind of pic do Man U fans here like to shoot? me like to do model and travel photography. Me not much of landscape but shooting Old Trafford is a refreshing idea

What kind of pic do Man U fans here like to shoot? me like to do model and travel photography. Me not much of landscape but shooting Old Trafford is a refreshing idea
    That seems like a wonderful idea ...... let me know in advance so that i can save up for the trip to Theatre of Dreams.... ... in the mean time just local model shoot for poor man like me....

Papers: Top of the tree

United cash in on 330million fans
    It's official, folks - Manchester United will prove this week they are still the top earners in English football, thanks to the world’s biggest fan base. Arsenal claimed to have taken their crown back in September, when they announced a turnover of £201million. But they cannot compete with United’s mega 330m global fan base (and no, they don’t all live in Surrey!)
    United will announce their own increase in turnover on Thursday to £245m.
    Neil Custis, The Sun

The Sun also claims that United want David Beckham to become their global ambassador when he retires from playing. The Reds reportedly want him to take over the role now held by 70-year-old Sir Bobby Charlton. And the move will be given its blessing by Sir Alex Ferguson, who long ago patched up his differences with the player.

Meanwhile, Michael Carrick claims Champions League glory is a bigger pull for United than domestic dominance.

Chelsea have had a £12m bid turned down by Bolton Wanderers for rumoured United transfer target Nicolas Anelka.

Round up by Gemma Thompson

Sir Alex sets 2008 blueprint

United have kicked off 2008 with two victories in two competitions, which fits in with Sir Alex Ferguson’s blueprint for the year as he looks to challenge on all fronts.

The Reds are currently two points behind league leaders Arsenal, face an FA Cup fourth round tie with either Tottenham or Reading and have a Champions League last 16 clash with Lyon looming in February.

After narrowly missing out on FA Cup glory last season and just running out of steam in the Champions League semi final against AC Milan, Sir Alex thinks the current squad has the quality in depth and experience to go a step further.

“I am looking for success in Europe as well as at home,” he says. “We have the players and the back-up to do it. We are a more mature team this season in terms of European football and we have played some successful and entertaining stuff.

“We’ve lost a couple of games in the league but our consistency overall has been very good. We are with the leaders in the league and we are through to the knockout stages of the Champions League and ready for the exciting games ahead.”

Sir Alex's optimism is fuelled by the cohesion of United's squad, especially with Carlos Tevez, Owen Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson adapting quickly to life at Old Trafford. He said: "The main reason fpr my optimism is the way we have knitted together as a team, with the new players settling to make the kind of impact we were not entitled to expect so soon."

What kind of pic do Man U fans here like to shoot? me like to do model and travel photography
    i like landscapes and model too!

I like to shoot OT but no $$$ to go there.

Prefer model to be like those - which recently Kongo shoot for his 17yrs old! Think they will look great!

Prefer model to be like those - which recently Kongo shoot for his 17yrs old! Think they will look great!
    Neber see u in those org model shoot le

Some transfer rumours to spice up your day!

Glazers prepared to pay for Berbatov

THE Glazer family are prepared to fund a swoop for £30m-rated Dimitar Berbatov if Sir Alex Ferguson wants to fight Chelsea for the coveted Bulgarian striker.

Tottenham, who are insisting that Berbatov must remain at White Hart Lane - at least until the end of the season, have nevertheless prepared the ground for the striker's eventual exit.

They have drawn up a new contract for Jermain Defoe and are lining up an end-of-season move for Valencia's David Villa.

United boss Fergie has publicly said that there will be no incoming Old Trafford business this month but he is monitoring the Berbatov situation.

But the firm stance from Spurs - though manager Juande Ramos teased suitors by suggesting it would take a British record to prise Berbatov away - adds to the notion that the striker won't be on the Reds' radar until May.

Ferguson doesn't want to indulge in mid-season inflated transfer prices but he remains a keen Berbatov fan and a summer pursuit looks inevitable.

However, if moneybags Chelsea attempt to steal a march in the remaining 25 days of the transfer window, then Fergie may decide to act.

He has already proved that if he is in danger of being beaten to a priority target then he'll move quickly rather than risk losing the player.

In 2004, United were happy to let Wayne Rooney remain at Everton but when Newcastle put in a bid to the Goodison club the Reds moved swiftly and outbid the Geordies with a £30m transfer package.

United are expected to announce profits in excess of £75m later this month - so the funds are in place should the Berbatov situation flare up.

manchestereveningnews.co.uk