Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12273235363738394247 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Just like how we hammered you guys at your little home patch TWICE in 2 seasons. Going for hat-trick yeah!

Oh and another draw for you guys at Man C. lol thats not how to play catch up.....only 1 pt gain over us. Still can't smell our ass dude.
    I was away and didnt have internet access and btw the i saw the results of the Hammers game, sianz

On the bright side, when Man U got beaten 1 nil by Hammers exactly a year ago, they went on undefeated to clinch the title.

Now the title is for Arsenal to lose. They have to keep on winning.
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

Very nervy game but luckily we manage to pull throught the 94 minutes for a good start of the new year

No Giggs this time and we can see how fluid the whole team attack and defence...I just can't stand the old man raising his hand looking for a foul after conceding possesion instead of winning back the ball (same like Neville always did)....probably they knew physically it's impossible for them to chase the lost ball.......IMO we have the best midfield with Nani, Anderson, Ronaldo (although he is used as striker today) and with either Carrick (offensive) and Hargreaves (defensive)...also there is a fully fit and enegetic Park to do all the hassling and running when necessary

Unfortunately we didn't see the goal galore today probably due to players like Park, Nani, Saha lack of sharpness after a long time absent.....Tevez as usual needs a few more shots in order for a goal and Ronaldo seems a little shaken in confident after last week penalty missed Must also give some credit to Mark Taylor's very good performance and being at the right place at the right time

One plus point is Kuzshack finally get a run of a few games and I find he is doing better and growing in confident, I hope Fergie will give him more chance instead of the old man VDS....he is our future and we should look ahead......time has changed.....look at what Arsernal has achived....Giggs, Scholes, Neville & VDS should be gradually phase out so that the youngsters can have more time and experience in competitive game....even O'shea and Brownie are getting more consistent with more time on the field....Nevertheless it's a good 3 points for us today...cheers

i wasn't impressed at all with how they played. they lost the ball too frequently and cheaply. carrick has been performing badly this season and today's performance wasn't any better. the searching balls that he used to supply is in short supply.

the crowd was surprisingly very quiet today. didn't hear them singing at all. and looks like tevez is gonna be out injured. they can't be performing like this if they want to win trophies. they need to wake up their ideas if they want to chase the gooners...but i have a lot of confidence in them. i'm sure they'll be champions again this season!

You are right about Carrick...IMO he is also another over rated english player...but at least he offers another attacking option, you notice whenever he gets the ball, the oppossition will back paddler anticipating his long pass...unlike Ronaldo, Nani, Tevez etc, opposition will foul or close them down quckly to prevent them advancing...so I prefer him than Hargreave for the diversification....of course unless we can have player like Juan Roman Riquelm or Lampard whom to me can create very accurate long pass out of nothing

IMO it's also good that we win game like this tought, so that the next or future opponent will not play so tight and defensive....if you notice...whenever we have a few good runs....the oppositions will not longer interested in playing football...they will play very defensive and play counter attack...this type of game will make life difficult for attacking team like us and if unfortunate...we will concede goal to their counter

Quote Originally Posted by edarkflame View Post
    i wasn't impressed at all with how they played. they lost the ball too frequently and cheaply. carrick has been performing badly this season and today's performance wasn't any better. the searching balls that he used to supply is in short supply.

the crowd was surprisingly very quiet today. didn't hear them singing at all. and looks like tevez is gonna be out injured. they can't be performing like this if they want to win trophies. they need to wake up their ideas if they want to chase the gooners...but i have a lot of confidence in them. i'm sure they'll be champions again this season!

I couldn't agree more bro. We haven't been playing as well as we should be. Thanks to the unselfish pass from Ronaldo that we are able to break into the opponent's net. I feel that the players lack co-ordination and they are not performing at all.

We really have to buck up if we want to be in the top spot again.

Come on devils, you can do better than that.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Papers: Real want Ronny
    01/01/2008 11:33

Real's £45m Ronaldo bid
    Real Madrid aim to once again test Manchester United's resolve to keep Cristiano Ronaldo after it emerged they were prepared to pay £45million for the winger. The Spanish club's president Ramon Calderon revealed his desire to land Ronaldo after failing to do so once before when the 22-year-old snubbed him to sign a new five-year deal at Old Trafford. United are certain to turn down any offer, but Real see Ronaldo as the player to return them to Champions League glory. Calderon said: "Who wouldn't want to have in his team a player of Cristiano Ronaldo's amazing talent? He is one of the best in the world." They have been encouraged by the Portugal star's recent admission that he wants to play in Spain while still at his peak.
    David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

Meanwhile, Chelsea will make a £26million swoop for Dimitar Berbatov this month, according to The Sun. The Blues reckon the Tottenham hitman can revive their title challenge. United were also interested but accept they will be outbid by Roman Abramovich.

Blues' boss Avram Grant has warned Arsenal and United they will both face a New Year wobble - and vowed Chelsea are ready to take advantage.

The Mirror features quotes from Wayne Rooney from his exclusive interview with Inside United magazine. The striker says he believes United have the confidence and self-belief to hold on to the Premier League title - despite their slip-up at West Ham.

Elsewhere, Roy Keane will try to sign United defender Jonny Evans this month.

Round up by Gemma Thompson
    RM really got nothing else better to do trying to test market!
    There goes Berbatov!

Ready to take advantage...................Avram must have forgotten that he got 4 or 5 players going back for their African Cup!

Chelski wants to take advantage.... We shall see about that. I dun think our great Ronaldo is for sale at the moment, so RM can forget about landing him in Spain.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Whatever Man U wants to buy like Berbotuv, Chelskis oso want.

Form seem to dip when Fergie isn't in the dugout. Hope it dun show that Querioz can't do a job. Really hope the team can regain form when Fergie returns in the next game.

Tevez is injured and I think he is out for Villa game in FA cup this weekend. Its gonna be tough, think its an away game.

Woah TITUS BRAMBLE OWNED POOL! Hahaha what a joke sia! Of all people, its Bramble!

wah Liverpoo dropped points again.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    wah Liverpoo dropped points again.
    They trying to beat us in points droping as well...

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    They trying to beat us in points droping as well...
    seems they are doing better than us in this

Quote Originally Posted by edarkflame View Post
    seems they are doing better than us in this
    this we have to concede defeat....

Choccy backs on-song Dong

Reserves caretaker manager Brian McClair feels the improvement in Dong Fangzhuo's game is down to the striker finally breaking his goalscoring duck.

The Chinese international failed to find the net at all for the Reserves in his first 15 appearances but has looked a different player since bagging a brace against Stockport County in November.

"You have to look at the circumstances with Dong," McClair told ManUtd.com. "It took him a little while to settle in Belgium with Royal Antwerp, it’s been a big change for him again coming here and it’s taken him a while to adjust.

"One of the major problems for Dong was that he hadn’t scored a goal, so he was very keen to do that and much of his decision-making was based on his desperation to score. That’s not the be-all and end-all when you’re looking at footballers."

With the Reserves well in the hunt for silverware going into the New Year, Choccy is hopeful that Dong can be central to a successful second half of the season.

"Since scoring he’s come into form and we’re looking for him to improve and impress over the next few months and see where he ends up," said McClair.
    Now we have more attacking options!
    Last edited by melvin; 3rd January 2008 at 04:34 PM.

Tevez fears allayed

Carlos Tevez has sustained a badly bruised ankle after being carried off during United's narrow New Year's Day win over Birmingham.

The Argentine striker, scorer of the game's only goal, was substituted after 71 minutes, having suffered a heavy challenge late in the first half.

Despite fears that the injury could be serious, a club spokesperson told ManUtd.com: "Nothing is broken, Carlos Tevez has just got a badly bruised right ankle."

Sir Alex Ferguson has already confirmed Tevez is a major doubt for Saturday's FA Cup trip to Aston Villa, but the likely return of Wayne Rooney from a virus should provide timely compensation for the Argentine's absence.

Good that nothing is broken!

Park elated to return

Ji-sung Park says he is delighted to be back in action for the Reds after making his first start and first appearance at Old Trafford for nine months.

The Korean midfielder came on as a substitute against Sunderland on Boxing Day, but he was handed a starting berth in the 1-0 win over Birmingham City.

The 26-year-old suffered a knee ligament injury against Blackburn Rovers in March 2007, but he admitted it was a satisfying feeling to run out at Old Trafford again.

“It is nice to be back,” he told MUTV. “I played for 75 minutes so that will give me confidence.

“My knee feels 100 per cent and after the game I felt no reaction, so I am not afraid of getting injured again.

“I am very impressed with the reception I got from the fans. I have been away from the pitch for nine months so for them to remember me is fantastic.”

Park missed United’s title run-in last season but he says that now he is back he hopes to influence the Reds’ defence of the Premier League crown.

“It was difficult being out for so long. But our players have done a great job in the league during that time so I am pleased with that. For me, it’s good to recover because I want to help this team continue to do well.

“This squad is even better than last season. We have a lot of very good players at this club. That will definitely help us for the rest of the campaign.”

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Form seem to dip when Fergie isn't in the dugout. Hope it dun show that Querioz can't do a job. Really hope the team can regain form when Fergie returns in the next game.

Tevez is injured and I think he is out for Villa game in FA cup this weekend. Its gonna be tough, think its an away game.

Woah TITUS BRAMBLE OWNED POOL! Hahaha what a joke sia! Of all people, its Bramble!
    Din know he is so rich that he own liverpool n got sold off last season by his team!

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    My fren, u seem to live in the past.

When I saw Liverpoo managed to draw despite under siege in City of Manchester, the result is certainly like manure, to borrow your words

Still got big games in 2008 at OT, Emirates and Stamford Bridge - Liverpoo never play well Away.

Btw u have quiet since Liverpoo drew at Manchester Citeh, any comments?
    exactly my sentiments. his team playing so "well" now, he keep quiet liao.
    come on, talk to us, suan us more!
    You'll Never Talk Alone!
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Liverpool FC - YNWA

You'll Never Win Again -

United top of the top four
    Defeat to West Ham in United's last match of 2007 may have blotted the copybook somewhat over the Christmas period, but the Reds can look back on a hugely successful festive season after outgunning the main title rivals.

United took more points than any of the other top four sides in the Premier League in the period between 2 December and 2 January.

Arsenal may ultimately claim to hold the advantage as they top the table at the start of 2008, but if the heavy load of matches in December is an indication of how well teams will cope with the glut of games due in the coming months, the signs are positive for the Reds.

United took 18 points from seven games, two ahead of Chelsea from the same number of matches in the festive period.

Arsenal were third in the group with 14 points, while Liverpool, who followed their 0-0 stalemate against Manchester City with a 1-1 home draw against Wigan on Wednesday, took just 11 points.
    These are what champs are made of! We out last them! only the toughest will survive!
    Last edited by melvin; 4th January 2008 at 03:22 PM.