Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Transfer Rumours: Dec 07

Sir Alex Ferguson could be going home to Glasgow for his next signing if the UK's tabloid newspapers are to be believed.

The Sun claims a right-back is United's priority and names Rangers and Scotland defender Alan Hutton as a potential £6m target.

The same newspaper also suggests two players could be leaving Old Trafford when the window opens: "Chinese striker Dong Fangzhuo has not impressed while Wes Brown has refused a new deal."

Other players being linked with United include Reading left-back Nicky Shorey, Lokomotiv Moscow defender Branislav Ivanovic and Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov - would Sir Alex really part with Brown, Louis Saha and £6m to buy the Bulgarian?

ARRIVALS
    Player Name Current Club Position Fee

Alan Hutton Glasgow Rangers Defender £6million

Dimitar Berbatov Tottenham Striker Swap + £6m

Ronaldinho Barcelona Forward £15million

Nicky Shorey Reading Defender Undisclosed

Stevan Jovetic Partizan Belgrade Striker Undisclosed

Branislav Ivanovic Lokomotiv Moscow Defender £10million

DEPARTURES
    Player Name Linked With Position Fee

Fangzhuo Dong Not stated Striker Not stated

Wes Brown Tottenham Defender Swap deal

Louis Saha Tottenham Striker Swap deal

Match Pack: West Ham

United will be four points clear of Arsenal at five o'clock on Saturday if they avenge last season's double defeat by West Ham.

Form guide: United are probably the last opponents West Ham would pick for their final home match of 2007. The Reds have won their last two aways to nil while the Hammers haven't won at home since Sunderland visited on 21 October. Alan Curbishley's side have since lost twice there to Everton (once in the Carling Cup) and drawn 1-1 with Bolton, Spurs and Reading. The latter result on Boxing Day was particularly frustrating, given West Ham had an extra man for an hour after Reading's Brynjar Gunnarsson was sent off.

Ins and outs: Anton Ferdinand, Rio's brother, could be back in defence after two months out with a hamstring injury. Midfield is still the Hammers' worst-hit area, although French international Julien Faubert (ankle) has started training while Lee Bowyer and Matthew Etherington (both groin) are edging towards a return. Sir Alex Ferguson could freshen up again and recall Carlos Tevez against the team he helped to keep up last term.

Star men: Selection permitting, take your pick from Tevez or United's three scorers at Sunderland. West Ham's Fredrik Ljungberg will aim to do old club Arsenal a favour.

Rivals watch: Chelsea v Newcastle, Everton v Arsenal (17:15), City v Liverpool (Sun).

let's hope that Everton can keep the Gunners at bay.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Dun be too happy yet lei...... 46pts is just the points needed to escape the relegation zone!
    I'm happy that we're back at the top, not 46pts. As long as we're at the top come end of season, how many pts also dun matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    let's hope that Everton can keep the Gunners at bay.
    The gunners are running out of steam and coupled with a list of injuries, they are firing only blanks. Hopefully, Everton, with their fine form, will inflict more miseries on them tonight.

We lost

BWWAAAGGHHHAAAHHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Kenna Hammered, so sweet.

really bad performance by the lads today. but i'm sure they will bounce back. they are not champions for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    We lost
    MU paid the price for being defensive.....and then I got that sinking feeling when I saw Giggs on the field.....the whole team just lack the fighting spirit On the silver lining...Gunners also trailing by 1 goal now....so I hope it stays at it is

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post

Rule no.6 my dear...go back to where you belongst

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=329256

Sigh disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post

forgive him, for once. its not often man u plays like his beloved team.
    almost losing to derby speaks a lot
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    forgive him, for once. its not often man u plays like his beloved team.
    almost losing to derby speaks a lot
    We were toying with Derby, remember 6-0?

Terrible play by Man U..
    All the players lack motivation, and I dun see a leader pulling them though.

Rooney is still young, and a potential for a future captain. He's not on the field yesterday

Tevez seem to be holding himself in check due to some sentinmental reasons.
    Park to bolster up the central field will see some results.

Current young crop Nani reminds me of Ronaldo when young, cross terrible, runs alot, but effort to none. His cross reminds me of ruby type of ball. Anderson gave away too much ball, even though at times he seem hardworking but only at attacking, seldom track back with full effort as he attack. Anderson pass is poor, and predictable. We need Paul scholes back..

Defence need to tinkle with some old horses thinking more of lavish party.. and player like Brown of no future playing in first team??

I do not deny they deserve to lose, if they played bad and win. At Champion League level, it can't pull them thru, when a single mistake can cost them the game. Time to wake up now, than regret later.

Ferguson need to get some decent strikers for cover, when one goal down, putting on O'Shea and Nani does not bore well to me..

i was refering to the 2-1 match
    gerrard celebrated like there's no tomorrow

Just like how we hammered you guys at your little home patch TWICE in 2 seasons. Going for hat-trick yeah!

Oh and another draw for you guys at Man C. lol thats not how to play catch up.....only 1 pt gain over us. Still can't smell our ass dude.

Quote Originally Posted by edarkflame View Post
    really bad performance by the lads today. but i'm sure they will bounce back. they are not champions for nothing.
    Yeah it was really a bad performance. Dunno why maybe Fergie not at dugout, they lost concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post

Its ok lah, its not often Liv fans get to goat at us while we're already kinda sick of goating at them.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Its ok lah, its not often Liv fans get to goat at us while we're already kinda sick of goating at them.
    tats right.

My fren, u seem to live in the past.

When I saw Liverpoo managed to draw despite under siege in City of Manchester, the result is certainly like manure, to borrow your words

Still got big games in 2008 at OT, Emirates and Stamford Bridge - Liverpoo never play well Away.

Btw u have quiet since Liverpoo drew at Manchester Citeh, any comments?
    Last edited by jeff49er; 1st January 2008 at 03:00 PM.
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977