Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10253033343536374045 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    3-0 already
    so easy for the champions!
    Tat's because no Giggs...we are back to free scoring again

By 1/2 time Ronaldo already done another 12 points for me so far

Great 4-0 win. Can't seem to score more than 4 goals! Ronaldo's FK was really superb.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Great 4-0 win. Can't seem to score more than 4 goals! Ronaldo's FK was really superb.
    that FK reminds me of the becks days man. with power and swerve. more like 'rembat like ronaldo'

Can see that the entire team tactically slowdown in the 2nd half....no point getting injury or booked for a certain win game.....SAF also brilliantly rested many players....and the 58minuts substitution of Ronaldo costed me extra 4 points

Ronaldo's freekick was superb. Am sure Beckham would have been proud of him wearing the same no. 7 shirt and delivering excellent freekicks. It seems that his freekicks are getting better and better. The icing on the cake is of course the good news that we are now at the top of the table after the gunners were held to a goaless draw by Portsmouth. Yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Ronaldo's freekick was superb. Am sure Beckham would have been proud of him wearing the same no. 7 shirt and delivering excellent freekicks. It seems that his freekicks are getting better and better. The icing on the cake is of course the good news that we are now at the top of the table after the gunners were held to a goaless draw by Portsmouth. Yay!!!
    Yes, No.7 always has the most unique status in MU.......He'd already signaled his intend in the first 2 on target free kicks....in fact most of MU shots were on target last night....pitty Craig Gordon, he can't really do much to lift his side The way they played...no spirit, no skill and no imagination, I think Sunderland is surely heading back to Div 2 next year if there is no big change in Jan transfer market

now we're back on top.....

Ronaldo' free kick was indeed superb but the rest of the team played well too. The cross from Rooney to Saha was pretty good and it earned Saha's 1st goal of the match.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Ronaldo' free kick was indeed superb but the rest of the team played well too. The cross from Rooney to Saha was pretty good and it earned Saha's 1st goal of the match.
    Actually Rooney performance was average by his standard and he threw away a lot of possesions cheaply....also he blew quite a numbers of "one on one" ball ever since he came back from his injury......if given to Saha or Ronaldo, I am sure they would had burried it

I just feel that he is a little over rated, over priced and over hyped....probably there isn't many like him in England....another one like that is Darren Bent and he is more unfortunately to be playing in loosing team, so he appeared worse

Really look forward to see Saha pairing with "MAN-U-cho".....sure packs a lot of firing power from up, down, left, right, center

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Yes, No.7 always has the most unique status in MU.......He'd already signaled his intend in the first 2 on target free kicks....in fact most of MU shots were on target last night....pitty Craig Gordon, he can't really do much to lift his side The way they played...no spirit, no skill and no imagination, I think Sunderland is surely heading back to Div 2 next year if there is no big change in Jan transfer market
    Huh, Div 2, double demotion? Div 1, lah, bro.
    Last edited by redstorm; 27th December 2007 at 01:34 PM.

Huh, Div 2, double demotion? Div 1, lah, bro.
    Something like that...anyhow...Its the same to me as I never bother anything less than EPL

Boss hails super squad

Sir Alex reiterated his belief that the current squad is among the best he's ever assembled after United trounced Sunderland 4-0 at the Stadium of Light on Boxing Day.

The Reds boss made five changes to the team that beat Everton at Old Trafford last weekend but the squad's strength ensured United's winning form was never threatened.

"I said earlier in the season that I think this is one of my strongest squads and I think the players are proving that at the moment," Sir Alex told MUTV.

"We have some big games coming up and the players are all playing their part – Gerard Pique came on for Nemanja Vidic today, Ji-sung Park got his first match since March and other players got some valuable minutes, which is very important in terms of having everyone ready for what lies ahead."

Despite the manager's tinkering, United remained fluent going forward and solid at the back. In fact, Tomasz Kuszczak was only stretched on one occasion, tipping over athletically from Ross Wallace before the break.

"I thought we were very sharp and our passing was excellent today," the United boss said. "The first goal put us in the driving seat because Sunderland have been going through a sticky patch lately and I felt if we could go in front we would make it difficult for them. It was a marvellous move for the first goal and it was well taken by Wayne [Rooney]."

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Its good to see him scoring again! during his first game back from injury!

Calling to all teams behind Gunners GIVE WAY Gunners coming through!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I think they spent quite heavily during the last transfer market IIRC the are the 2nd highest spender!

Papers: It's United's title
    27/12/2007 08:56
    Keane: Yule win it, Fergie
    United legend Roy Keane tipped his old club to hang on to their Premier League crown after Arsenal were held 0-0 at Portsmouth. Cristiano Ronaldo and Co went a point clear at the top following a scintillating 4-0 destruction of Keane’s Sunderland at the Stadium of Light. Keane said: “My money’s still on United. I thought that two months ago and my opinion hasn’t changed. They are just a lethal attacking team. And they are equally good at the back. Ferdinand and Vidic — they are not bad are they? It takes a combination like that to win the league. Any team like that will get stronger. If United are there or thereabouts they have a chance."
    Steve Brenner, The Sun

In other news, Bryan Robson is raiding his old club to sign defender Phil Bardsley. The full-back has been on loan at Sheffield United since October and Robson will pay United £1.5million to make the move permanent.

Another youngster making the news is 20-year-old midfielder Darron Gibson, who has extended his loan spell at Wolves for the rest of the season.

Round up by Gemma Thompson

Coming up next at 29 dec 2300hrs(singapore) Upton Park! Another 4 goals n 3pts in the bag!

We are almost back to full strength! just in time for the crazy xmas n new year day fixture !!!

Quote Originally Posted by iskofil View Post
    now we're back on top.....
    Yeah man! Excellent! Back to where we belong..... at the top leading the table.

Yeah man! Excellent! Back to where we belong..... at the top leading the table.
    Dun be too happy yet lei...... 46pts is just the points needed to escape the relegation zone!

if only rooney is able to convert most of his chances, then saturday's game should be a walk in the park...

having ParkJS back in the line up is like buying a new player into the team, without spending of course...

the other big teams have a very difficult games this weekend... hope we can extend our lead farther...