Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222730313233343742 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Ok! Looks like we have a new signing. Dunno who or how good he is!

Man United sign striker Manucho

Manchester United have agreed to sign 24-year-old Angolan forward Manucho.
    The striker, who has been on trial at the club, will join from Angolan side Petro Athletico on a three-year deal.

"We have had Manucho here for a three-week trial and have been impressed enough to offer him a contract," said boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"He is a tall, agile, quick forward and through contacts that Carlos (Queiroz) has, was brought to our attention around six months ago."

Manucho, whose real name is Mateus Alberto Contreiras Goncalves, arrives at Old Trafford in January subject to a work permit.

He joins Carlos Tevez, Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha and Dong Fangzhou in United's striking department.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/7156290.stm
    Manucho. Unheard of but then again think of Vidic. This guy is tall, agile, strong and fast. Typical of African strikers

Manucho got no prob relating to Ronaldo, Anderson and Nani. All speak Portuguese.

Sad to say, Dong can pack up. Then again how many of us Asian strikers got the chance to be in Man U.
    Last edited by jeff49er; 22nd December 2007 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Manucho. Unheard of but then again think of Vidic. This guy is tall, agile, strong and fast. Typical of African strikers

Manucho got no prob relating to Ronaldo, Anderson and Nani. All speak Portuguese.

Sad to say, Dong can pack up. Then again how many of us Asian strikers got the chance to be in Man U.
    Not only asian. Many strikers dun make it at Man Utd. During Fergie's successful managment years, no youth striker was promoted to 1st team and stayed long. Fergie buys all his strikers. I think Dong needs to improve on his reading of the game and communication with his team mates. Dong is also tall, agile, strong and fast but lack the other qualities I've mentioned.

But JS Park fits Man Utd perfectly and I hope his injury will not affect his skills/form too much.

This Manucho is tall, agile, strong and fast as Fergie said. He never mentioned about his finishing skills.

The striker, who has been on trial at the club, will join from Angolan side Petro Athletico on a three-year deal.

"We have had Manucho here for a three-week trial and have been impressed enough to offer him a contract," said boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"He is a tall, agile, quick forward and through contacts that Carlos (Queiroz) has, was brought to our attention around six months ago."

Manucho, whose real name is Mateus Alberto Contreiras Goncalves, arrives at Old Trafford in January subject to a work permit.

He joins Carlos Tevez, Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha and Dong Fangzhou in United's striking department.

can say bye-bye to berbatov liao. don't think fergie wants to buy this january. i think he is very happy with the current squad and wants to concentrate on them. remember, new players who come in have to adapt to the SAF's football style. maybe fergie already have a long term plan and he doesn't want any distractions i.e. new signings

Quote Originally Posted by edarkflame View Post
    can say bye-bye to berbatov liao. don't think fergie wants to buy this january. i think he is very happy with the current squad and wants to concentrate on them. remember, new players who come in have to adapt to the SAF's football style. maybe fergie already have a long term plan and he doesn't want any distractions i.e. new signings
    Think Berbatov is out of the picture since last summer. Fergie not getting him and as well as Anelka it seems. If Spurs will to sell Berbatov, they will want Nani as they tried to hijack our Nani deal last season.

Yesterday's rumour was:

There are rumours that BM's Philip Lahm is on Fergie's radar. Munich will be really pissed with us after the Owen Hargreaves transfer.

Lyon's Karim Benzema and Bordeaux striker Gabriel Obertan also on Fergie's radar and so is Henrik Larsson which is today's rumour.

Seems like Man Utd had a record 60m nett profit.

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showpost....&postcount=602

Lets look at football perspective
    Like 18 and 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Like 18 and 5?
    Liverfull fans always think of 18 and 5; u need a time machine?

This is last 16 only. Yes will meet in the Quarters already.

OMG Lyon! Its quite possibility the toughest runner up team besides the English clubs. Think Liv lucky to get Inter. They seem to get KOed by quarters at most. Milan will have trouble with Arsenal's speed. They suay lah.
    I think we should be able to go throu! Chelsea got the easiest of the lot! Arsenal is the toughest i should say they might buang! liverpool should be like us just squeeze throu!

Hope he can be the next Drogba of united!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Hope he can be the next Drogba of united!
    African players have the athletic ability. Now it is a matter of gelling with Ronaldo, Anderson, Rooney......etc

African players have the athletic ability. Now it is a matter of gelling with Ronaldo, Anderson, Rooney......etc
    Really like thier Athletic n speed!!! can tear defences just look at what they did during the last world cup they made the big boys struggle to win!

Nah, I have one one my wrist already, it has a crown, reminds me of champions like Liverpool. Others still playing catch up leh.

Nah, I have one one my wrist already, it has a crown, reminds me of champions like Liverpool. Others still playing catch up leh.
    Champions like Liverfull of the bygone years? Yes I really have respect for the LFC team of the 80s but 2008 coming soon.
    Last edited by jeff49er; 22nd December 2007 at 01:31 PM.

Of the 5 teams: Schalke, Olympiakos, Lyon, Fenerbahce, Celtic

My personal Preference would be Celtic the rest of the team we are all unbeaten against them complacency may cause the down fall at least with Celtic we were beaten before or Schalke we got no chance to meet them as the are all along in UEFA Cup! So either Celtic or Schalke will keep us on our feet!

What u guys thinnk?
    I dont mind if Man U plays LFC in the semi final

I dont mind if Man U plays LFC in the semi final
    Confirm Liverpool will go through to the final if meet Manure.

its good to be optimistic

LOL haiya argue for wad lah...

like his nick suggests......Parchiao....

hehe no offense....but its hilarious that its so Coincidental

lol, firstly....can beat inter or not?
    Photo Album - Photo Album

I think we should be able to go throu! Chelsea got the easiest of the lot! Arsenal is the toughest i should say they might buang! liverpool should be like us just squeeze throu!
    arsenal might buang? i say, arsenal wont go through milan.
    they've got the swiftest and deadliest attack in europe atm when going forward.
    just break any defence apart. only problem with them is, they cant defend lol
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    its good to be optimistic
    Optimistic is healthy. Realistic is another.