Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    The last time LFC won...it was during Paul Ince time if I am not wrong...they celebrate like like winning the world cup...boeh tahan
    I have to say that even Paul 2 timer Ince was in LFC, they didnt beat Man U. Paul managed to score to draw level with Man U. That was in 1999.

They celebrated becos they were about to lose 2-1

Rafa hails positive thinking. That means he is staying

The last time LFC won...it was during Paul Ince time if I am not wrong...they celebrate like like winning the world cup...boeh tahan
    That was like last millennium! hahaha I cannot tahan such a joke also!

Rafa staying at Liv is great news! Can look forward to Anfield for free 3 pts again next season! lol even before season starts, its like almost guarantee 3pts in the bag already! We're going to do a hat-trick of wins at their little home patch!

Check out my new avatar!

I agree, it's very unusual for any continental player to come to english league and settle down so quickly....he has the skill, determination and energy....Like Ronaldo, he can only gets bettle and better once the training ground physician build up his mussles Next year round I would love to see he sends Gerrard flying off the ground when he tackles

IMO another man who didn't get the fair credit is Nani, he also settled down very quickly and he will form a very formitable Portugues Midfield along with Anderson and Ronaldo if her could get a run of a few games.....unfortunately Gaffer prefer the slow and lazy Giggs....so he probably has to wait some more
    nani settled down quickly, but i feel he has not proved as big an impact as anderson.
    he has a few tricks, but not good enough to go pass defenders all the time yet.
    what i do like about nani is his shooting. hes got some power and technique at this age.

and btw, anderson is a brazillian, not portugues
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    and btw, anderson is a brazillian, not portugues
    Damn it!!! He looks more Portugues than Brazilian....when I think of Brazilian, I will think of Samba, think of Ronaldinho, Juninho and Kaka

Luckily he is not like the previous Brazilian flop that we had....that reminds me the period that we had the most flops, that Italian leakage Keeper, that drugs addicted Australian keeper, Djemba Djemba, Liam Miller, Veron, Cruyff...one more winger....damn it....cant remember all the names suddenly
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 19th December 2007 at 10:10 AM.

Anderson scoops award

Anderson saw off the threat of Steven Gerrard at Anfield and then did the same to Owen Hargreaves and Rio Ferdinand to be voted ManUtd.com's Man of the Match.

The Brazilian midfielder was outstanding on Sunday alongside Owen Hargreaves. And it speaks volumes of how influential the 19-year-old was that he his central midfield partner and, especially Ferdinand, who was a colossal figure at the back for the Reds.

Anderson showed strength on the ball, maturity beyond his tender years, discpline in his positional play and excellent execution in his passing.

It certainly caught the eye of ManUtd.com readers. A commanding 35 per cent of voters said Anderson was the star player in the 1-0 win.

Hargreaves finished second with 21 per cent of the votes, while Rio came in with 17 per cent in third place. United's goalscorer Carlos Tevez was fourth (11 per cent), narrowly ahead of Patrice Evra (10 per cent).

Aside from individual praise, victory would not have been possible had the team not worked so efficiently together. From Rooney's tireless work in attack to Nemanja Vidic's defensive dominance, the vital win at Anfield was largely a result of the Reds' team ethic.

Man of the Match results
    1. Anderson 35%
    2. Owen Hargreaves 21%
    3. Rio Ferdinand 17%
    4. Carlos Tevez 11%
    5. Patrice Evra 10%
    6. Nemanja Vidic 3%
    7. Wayne Rooney 3%

Anderson and Owen praised

Sir Alex Ferguson saluted the players making their first appearance against Liverpool after they helped to win his 50th game against the old enemy.

Anderson and Owen Hargreaves worked tirelessly in midfield to subdue Steven Gerrard and give United the platform to claim their fifth win in six league visits to Anfield.

"Anderson was terrific, he wasnt intimidated by Steven Gerrard," Sir Alex told MUTV.

"I thought he handled that particular part of the game really well. Steven was actually quite quiet today. Hargreaves has got more experience obviously. Both of them did a great job."

The Anderson-Hargreaves axis underpinned an effective team display in which grit outweighed the grace. That said, the goal which separated the great rivals was fashioned by a clever piece of setpiece play. Instead of delivering an inswinger from the right, Giggs arrowed a pass to Rooney from the corner and his shot was turned in by Tevez.

"Ryan had the opportunity to do that with the corner kick prior to that one," said Sir Alex. "He could have used Owen Hargreaves because the corner of the box was free.

"But we took that opportunity the second time around and of course from Wayne Rooney's deflected shot, Carlos scored."

One goal was enough to win a game of few clearcut chances, just as it was last season when O'Shea scored at Anfield and in 2005 when Rooney was the match-winner there.

"This was a typical Liverpool-United game," assessed Sir Alex.

"The fans create such a fervour and its difficult for the referee. Flowing football isnt the issue, its about winning the game. But in the moments when we did play football in the first half, we looked the better team.

"Its a marvellous day for us - a good team performance and a great result. I said before the game that I feel the games between the top sides are going to be important this season.

"This is an important win for us. At the moment were top (prior to Arsenal playing Chelsea) and I hope we stay there at the end of the day.

"Its going to be a long struggle to the end of the season. But if we can be top or thereabouts on New Years Day, we'll have an outstanding chance of retaining the title."

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    lol look at the fans in the kop in the background, classic!

Yeah Anderson is Brazilian. Just wait till he sambas around. Actually he plays like one already. He is flying, gliding and dancing around the pitch. Now he only lacks a goal which I think will give him more confidence and set the flood gates open. Then he will be considered in Schole's class.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    lol look at the fans in the kop in the background, classic!

Yeah Anderson is Brazilian. Just wait till he sambas around. Actually he plays like one already. He is flying, gliding and dancing around the pitch. Now he only lacks a goal which I think will give him more confidence and set the flood gates open. Then he will be considered in Schole's class.
    Yeah.... and now he won and award although it is only man of match award i think it is a big boost for him!

It should be about time he end his goal draught against Everton!

Damn it!!! He looks more Portugues than Brazilian....when I think of Brazilian, I will think of Samba, think of Ronaldinho, Juninho and Kaka

Luckily he is not like the previous Brazilian flop that we had....that reminds me the period that we had the most flops, that Italian leakage Keeper, that drugs addicted Australian keeper, Djemba Djemba, Liam Miller, Veron, Cruyff...one more winger....damn it....cant remember all the names suddenly
    Maybe he is from Proto thats why he look more like a Portugese then a Brazilian!

Yeah... Anderson is not like other Brazilian all cannot make it except for Jurhnino (err..how to spell huh) , at the moment he is enjoying his Samba Dance in the EPL!

Anderson is the Predator! Only Arnie can beat him!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    The LFC fans prob bet big time that their beloved club would win ag Man U.

At the time the gol was scored Man U didnt have a good attempt at gol and until Tevez struck
    Last edited by jeff49er; 19th December 2007 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Anderson is the Predator! Only Arnie can beat him!
    Maybe this is his own version of samba or shaker bon bon.....I noticed Anderson can use his bon-bon very well when he shield and dribble.....very hard to steal unless hacking him down like Gerrard did There was one moment he dribble all the way from the half way line to Liverpool D box.....I tot he was gonna score a classic goal until a desperate last minute tackle by Gerrard

Hello All

what did you get yourself for xmas?

I got myself the black jersey

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Hello All

what did you get yourself for xmas?

I got myself the black jersey
    The black jersey looks cool. Where did you get it from bro?
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    The black jersey looks cool. Where did you get it from bro?
    Peninsular, 2nd floor.

But dont let TCW and Cathay PHoto distract ur BBB disease

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Peninsular, 2nd floor.

But dont let TCW and Cathay PHoto distract ur BBB disease
    Ha...ha. Thanks bro. Think I'll go check it out too.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Some thought today:

Looks like Johnny Evans may not last long in Man U. Off the field behaviour is not exemplary. In 2 years time if he cant break into the first team, he would have to seek greener pasture.

Gary Neville may not be the same player. The injuries could force early retirement. Simpson looks like a good long term replacement.

Bebertov for Saha and W Brown? Why not?
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

Bebertov is a good buy!