Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192427282930313439 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Hardfought victory.

I hope Rafa stays on at LFC
    Yeah man, hope Rafa stays! He is the best! Awesome record against us.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Yeah man, hope Rafa stays! He is the best! Awesome record against us.
    haha wonderful record

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    haha wonderful record
    A draw for Arsenal and Chelsea will do.

haha wonderful record
    2nd to none! Simply love him! With him in charge, Anfield is like our 2nd home ground.

2nd to none! Simply love him! With him in charge, Anfield is like our 2nd home ground.
    I hve never been to England for tours. Must visit OT and also Anfield

I hve never been to England for tours. Must visit OT and also Anfield
    me too!Would love to visit OT
    Favourite ground anfield muz also go take a look

me too!Would love to visit OT
    Favourite ground anfield muz also go take a look
    More important must bring our DSLR

arsenal damn lucky , chelsea should have won if not for the lousy coach , he should put kalou instead of philips in the very beginning
    no essien with this lousy lampard not to forget the goalkeeper error.

we are also quite lucky to get 3 points.
    our gk also made a couple of errors which i dun expect van de sar to make.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

I think the whole team except VDS played very well This is unlike any away game, as usual Liverpool is so hungry and determine to damper our title chase and yet again they choked at the crucial moment

I am very happy because it proof again MU had the mental strength to hold off this kind of challenge...I think we have good chance to retain our championship again this year....we could be more comfortable if we could handle the minor team better on the second half

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I think the whole team except VDS played very well This is unlike any away game, as usual Liverpool is so hungry and determine to damper our title chase and yet again they choked at the crucial moment

I am very happy because it proof again MU had the mental strength to hold off this kind of challenge...I think we have good chance to retain our championship again this year....we could be more comfortable if we could handle the minor team better on the second half
    I think playing against Liverpool is easy these days. Just defend a bit and they will run out of ideas!

VDS had virtually nothing to do that he have to cork up. He was lucky that Evra and Anderson was there to save his butt.

I think Anderson is going to be an impt player for us. The team dun seem to miss Scholes and Anderson has so far shut Fabbygas and Gerrard up.

Its our title to lose and I hope we can retain it. At the moment, it seems that we have a very good chance. The holidays period will be crucial.

liverfool panicked after the goal... they so eager to equalize, they forgot to play as a team, they just kicked anyhow... solid defending from manU

rooney should have killed the game early... it was too easy for him yet he missed...
    Last edited by iskofil; 17th December 2007 at 01:04 PM.

I think Anderson is going to be an impt player for us. The team dun seem to miss Scholes and Anderson has so far shut Fabbygas and Gerrard up.
    I agree with both thumb....Last night Gerrard was so busy tackling and fouling Anderson that he almost forgotten to pass and shoot the ball properly

Report: Liverpool 0 United 1

United executed the perfect contain-and-counter performance to notch a fifth win in six years at Liverpool, with Carlos Tevez scoring the only goal at Anfield.

The Argentine striker clipped home Wayne Rooney's shot after 43 minutes, while the stars of the show were undoubtedly United's backline and defensive midfielders.

Liverpool forged no clear-cut opportunities of their own, although two quickfire rare lapses from Edwin van der Sar in the first half twice saw United defenders forced into clearing the ball from their own goal line.

United's first half display was all about sitting back and inviting Liverpool onto them. As hosts, and with a six point deficit to make up, the pressure was on Rafa Benitez's side to make the early running.

Aside from a couple of early efforts from Sami Hyypia, there was little to concern United. Liverpool did force a couple of openings, but largely through uncharacteristic lapses from van der Sar.

The veteran Dutchman twice collided with his own defenders and failed to make contact with the ball, and each misjudgement ended with the ball being cleared off the line.

First Anderson had to parry away Kewell's shot - from which Fernando Torres headed the rebound woefully wide - then two minutes later Patrice Evra slid in to clear the ball to safety as it rolled goalwards off the back of Rio Ferdinand.

The England international defender was visibly irate at his goalkeeper's misjudgements, mindful of the need for calm heads in the Anfield cauldron.

That brief slip aside, such a clinical attitude was the story of much of United's display. And, having soaked up the hosts' pressure for much of the half, they struck two minutes before the interval. Just as last season, it was a set-piece which did the damage.

The Reds committed several players into the area, all of whom were duly marked. Rooney remained outside the box, allowing him room to run onto Giggs' clever corner and drill a shot goalwards. Although the low effort was heading wide, Tevez was on hand to divert the ball into the roof of the Kop net.

Just as they did at the Emirates Stadium against Arsenal last month, United had taken the lead at the perfect time. The key was to remain firm and in control for the entire second half.

Aside from an early effort from Torres, the Reds managed to keep their hosts at arm's length throughout. While it made for nervy watching, the gameplan of absorbing pressure and duly counter-attacking, Sir Alex Ferguson's side largely executed it to perfection.

Van der Sar had no meaningful shots to save, comfortably fielding long-distance efforts from John Arne Riise and Dirk Kuyt. The big Dutchman was well beaten, however, by compatriot Ryan Babel, who arrowed a 20-yard effort just wide of the post with 15 minutes remaining.

Liverpool's inability to break down the United defence saw them resort to pumping deep crosses into the area, with van der Sar, Ferdinand or Vidic always equal to their efforts.

The hosts' need to bombard forward saw gaps begin to open up, and Rooney could easily have doubled the Reds' lead with 12 minutes remaining, but he could only divert the ball wide from Ronaldo's left-wing cross.

While he may well have done better, Rooney continued to give an outstanding display of hold-up play as United ran down the clock. The game's dying embers passed without major incident, allowing Sir Alex to savour a relatively comfortable victory in his 50th match against Liverpool.

Crucially too, in this season's title race, the result saw United move nine points clear of their hosts. From three games against their predicted titles rivals so far this season, only an injury time equaliser from Arsenal's William Gallas have prevented United taking nine points.

Liverpool: Reina; Arbeloa, Hyypia, Carragher, Riise (Aurelio, 80); Benayoun, Gerrard, Mascherano, Kewell (Babel, 66); Kuyt (Crouch, 73), Torres.
    Subs not used: Itandje, Lucas.

Bookings: Gerrard, Mascherano.

Manchester United: Van der Sar; Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Anderson (O'Shea, 90), Giggs; Rooney, Tevez (Carrick, 83).
    Subs not used: Kuszczak, Fletcher, Saha.

Bookings: Evra, Anderson, Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    we are also quite lucky to get 3 points.
    our gk also made a couple of errors which i dun expect van de sar to make.
    who cares if we get lucky or not ? as long as we get 3 pts happy liao

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    who cares if we get lucky or not ? as long as we get 3 pts happy liao
    LFC were lucky to that VSD mishandled twice , yet they didnt take their chances.

LFC were lucky to that VSD mishandled twice , yet they didnt take their chances.
    lol they're lucky Rooney missed his sitter. If not, even more embaressing! I tot it was a certain goal.

But it was great. In the league, Liverpool has never beaten United since 2001, 6 years! At Anfield, Liverpool only lost twice from last season till now, both times beaten by us! Hahaha
    Last edited by afbug; 17th December 2007 at 10:20 PM.

lol they're lucky Rooney missed his sitter. If not, even more embaressing! I tot it was a certain goal.

But it was great. In the league, Liverpool has never beaten United since 2001, 6 years! At Anfield, Liverpool only lost twice from last season till now, both times beaten by us! Hahaha
    The last time LFC won...it was during Paul Ince time if I am not wrong...they celebrate like like winning the world cup...boeh tahan

i agree with jeff49er. they didnt take their chances. 2 very very good chances. i thought man u gonna lose if VDS carries on like that, but luckily, our defence was good enough.

i feel anderson is a smart and strong player. can take on defenders, can pass, has vision, hold and win some balls. and at this age!! (issit 19?) fantastic.
    hes gonna be man u fan's player of the year. hes mine for sure if he continues to play like that!

btw.....
    "Kaka wins Fifa world player crown
    In a poll of all national coaches and captains, Kaka polled 1,047 votes, Messi 504 and Ronaldo 426."

ronaldo prolly quite disappointed with this. hopes he learns to be humble and work harder to win it. (and dun go real madrid lol)
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    i feel anderson is a smart and strong player. can take on defenders, can pass, has vision, hold and win some balls. and at this age!! (issit 19?) fantastic.
    hes gonna be man u fan's player of the year. hes mine for sure if he continues to play like that!
    I agree, it's very unusual for any continental player to come to english league and settle down so quickly....he has the skill, determination and energy....Like Ronaldo, he can only gets bettle and better once the training ground physician build up his mussles Next year round I would love to see he sends Gerrard flying off the ground when he tackles

IMO another man who didn't get the fair credit is Nani, he also settled down very quickly and he will form a very formitable Portugues Midfield along with Anderson and Ronaldo if her could get a run of a few games.....unfortunately Gaffer prefer the slow and lazy Giggs....so he probably has to wait some more