Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253045 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Neville returns in reserves match

Manchester United defender Gary Neville has made his long-awaited comeback from injury, playing for nearly an hour for the club's reserves on Thursday.
    The right-back, 32, suffered an ankle injury in March while muscle strains have delayed his return this season.

Neville was booked and scored an own goal as United beat Stockport 6-1 in the Manchester Senior Cup.

Given United play Arsenal on Saturday just after midday it seems doubtful Neville will feature in that game.

But the United defender may make the bench for next week's Champions League game against Dynamo Kiev.

Ferguson doubts Mourinho return

Sir Alex Ferguson has cast doubt on whether Jose Mourinho will return to management in England.
    The Manchester United boss has been in touch with the Portuguese since his shock exit from Chelsea and believes his next job will be on the continent.

"I don't know if he will come back into the English game," he told the League Managers Association website.

"I think Jose will end up at a top team in Spain or Italy, I'm almost certain of that."

After admitting they had been in touch a "couple of times" since Mourinho's surprise departure in mid-September, the 65-year-old Scot speculated on his former rival's immediate future.

"There certainly is no-one on the radar at the moment obviously, he's taking a break and I think he's aiming to come back fresh," said Ferguson.

"I don't think there's any problem about him coming back into management, I think it's where he comes back in and I don't think anyone has any clues to that at this moment in time."

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Neville returns in reserves match

Manchester United defender Gary Neville has made his long-awaited comeback from injury, playing for nearly an hour for the club's reserves on Thursday.
    The right-back, 32, suffered an ankle injury in March while muscle strains have delayed his return this season.

Neville was booked and scored an own goal as United beat Stockport 6-1 in the Manchester Senior Cup.

Given United play Arsenal on Saturday just after midday it seems doubtful Neville will feature in that game.

But the United defender may make the bench for next week's Champions League game against Dynamo Kiev.

Ferguson doubts Mourinho return

Sir Alex Ferguson has cast doubt on whether Jose Mourinho will return to management in England.
    The Manchester United boss has been in touch with the Portuguese since his shock exit from Chelsea and believes his next job will be on the continent.

"I don't know if he will come back into the English game," he told the League Managers Association website.

"I think Jose will end up at a top team in Spain or Italy, I'm almost certain of that."

After admitting they had been in touch a "couple of times" since Mourinho's surprise departure in mid-September, the 65-year-old Scot speculated on his former rival's immediate future.

"There certainly is no-one on the radar at the moment obviously, he's taking a break and I think he's aiming to come back fresh," said Ferguson.

"I don't think there's any problem about him coming back into management, I think it's where he comes back in and I don't think anyone has any clues to that at this moment in time."
    Smoking gun, don't be surprise mr.special one heads MU next year....I can't think of other reason why SAF to keep in touch with him....no one else has the better credential for this job at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Smoking gun, don't be surprise mr.special one heads MU next year....I can't think of other reason why SAF to keep in touch with him....no one else has the better credential for this job at the moment
    Ya agreed the only reason SAF keeping in contact wif him is that he probably will take over from SAF for another 10yrs? anyway he still young till then he can retire liao.... maybe Keano will return as well? .... Then we will hav drogba to boost our already strong strike force we will become best in EPL N CL

10 more hrs to go 8.45pm kick off!

GO MAN U GO!!! GO GO

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    10 more hrs to go 8.45pm kick off!

GO MAN U GO!!! GO GO
    kick off simi....

i now deciding what to buy hahahahha!

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    kick off simi....

i now deciding what to buy hahahahha!
    Bro Soong, long time no see. How have you been, man? Still drinking wine?

Well, tonight most of us are gonna sacrifice our Sat nite out and stay glued to the telly. Hopefully, a favourite result (in our favour, of course) will make our sacrifice even more worth it. Go devils, go. I predict a 2-0 win for the devils.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Ya agreed the only reason SAF keeping in contact wif him is that he probably will take over from SAF for another 10yrs? anyway he still young till then he can retire liao.... maybe Keano will return as well? .... Then we will hav drogba to boost our already strong strike force we will become best in EPL N CL
    That is horrifying! Mourinho have to play attacking football if he is to manage Man Utd!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview?id=219596&cc=4716

Good news! Saha, Evra, Neville and Carrick are back for tonite's game and will likely be on the bench.
    Last edited by afbug; 3rd November 2007 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Bro Soong, long time no see. How have you been, man? Still drinking wine?

Well, tonight most of us are gonna sacrifice our Sat nite out and stay glued to the telly. Hopefully, a favourite result (in our favour, of course) will make our sacrifice even more worth it. Go devils, go. I predict a 2-0 win for the devils.

been damn damn damn busy loh....first my old house kena enbloc be4 the damn property rise....so suay enuf...... then for the past few months, every weekend burnt due to shifting stuff from old house..... even IR outings and all that i cannot go....now i gotta negotiate a tricky path to my bed coz its lined with heaps of boxes here and there....

and to top it up...my current workplace is SHIFTING to another building like starting MONDAY.....

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ i've got my own wedding things to tie down....faint lar...

but heck, i've had 2 bottles of sake that my brother and i bought when we went for the Japan Challenge........ and yep, after moving stuff from my old house, i just dug up all the wines...and now i need an additional wine fridge.....so temporarily, those that are not in will be consumed or they go into the regular anti vibration refrigerator that my mum has lor

hahahahahha!

2-0 ah?....hmmmmm Emirates leh...... hmmmmmmm.....i've got a feeling, its gonna be 1-0 or 2-1 to of course Man U....

hopefully...................
    Last edited by plsoong; 3rd November 2007 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    been damn damn damn busy loh....first my old house kena enbloc be4 the damn property rise....so suay enuf...... then for the past few months, every weekend burnt due to shifting stuff from old house..... even IR outings and all that i cannot go....now i gotta negotiate a tricky path to my bed coz its lined with heaps of boxes here and there....

and to top it up...my current workplace is SHIFTING to another building like starting MONDAY.....

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ i've got my own wedding things to tie down....faint lar...

but heck, i've had 2 bottles of sake that my brother and i bought when we went for the Japan Challenge........ and yep, after moving stuff from my old house, i just dug up all the wines...and now i need an additional wine fridge.....so temporarily, those that are not in will be consumed or they go into the regular anti vibration refrigerator that my mum has lor

hahahahahha!

2-0 ah?....hmmmmm Emirates leh...... hmmmmmmm.....i've got a feeling, its gonna be 1-0 or 2-1 to of course Man U....

hopefully...................

Wah your schedule is even more siong than footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wah your schedule is even more siong than footballers.
    haiz.....

dun remind me lor...

i dun mind if my schedule more siong than footballers...but i aint got the same pay as the footballers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rooney!!!!!!!!
    1-0 to the Devils!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    Rooney!!!!!!!!
    1-0 to the Devils!!

alamak, there goes my 5 bucks .....

i bot 1st half draw and then away win

sibei song

sian 1/2

haiz.. should have won the match.. anyway it's status quo for now..

Go go!!!

haizzz oh well
    we were unlucky
    and we led 2 times

Sian! We could have and should have won. Allowing them to score at the death. And lead twice somemore!

Nabeh...2 points lost for us....I think SAF was to blame....changing Tevez to Saha was the right decision since the front pair couldn't even bother the gunner back for almost the entire match....Changing Brownie for Oshea was boh pian so I am not going to elaborate further but taking out the best midfield Anderson and left the old man Giggs on the field was the big big mistake.....once I see Giggs starting....I was like sian 1/2....he is slow and lazy....he is the liability to the entire team IMO and the 2nd goal was also due to him loosing possesion.....I am telling you if I got a gun, I am going to shoot him in the head

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Nabeh...2 points lost for us....I think SAF was to blame....changing Tevez to Saha was the right decision since the front pair couldn't even bother the gunner back for almost the entire match....Changing Brownie for Oshea was boh pian so I am not going to elaborate further but taking out the best midfield Anderson and left the old man Giggs on the field was the big big mistake.....once I see Giggs starting....I was like sian 1/2....he is slow and lazy....he is the liability to the entire team IMO and the 2nd goal was also due to him loosing possesion.....I am telling you if I got a gun, I am going to shoot him in the head
    I think its more like the team din defend well. Its a massive 2 pts dropped! At the death somemore!

HAIZ>...dun say liao.......... when i saw 3 minutes added, i thot okay lar...as long as Man U dun start all the backpassing those kinda crap to waste time, should be able to make my prediction come true....NB....its because they DO THAT all the time thats y allow the other team to come back lor....dunno how blardy many times liao...

everytime also liddat.....haiz.....

anywayz just out of curiosity, so if i bot ManU to win at full time, does our friendly stations count that as 90 minutes or FULL match (no matter wat time)?

how about half time-full time? do they count at 45 minutes or do they count when the whistle blows?....sollie ah...first time buying such things hahahahha!