Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    SAF should really sell Saha and get Messi!!!!!!!!!!

U think Barca will sell?

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    eight injuries siong man ... coomparing the 8 of them, Neville, Carrick n Hargreaves is much needed then the rest...hope they are available for Emirates selection! In the mean time no more injuries please!!!
    The 3 midfielders are the impt ones. At least have Scholes and Hargreaves back will much strengthen the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Hm....put the injury player together can form another EPL team
    And that injury team can beat many teams in the EPL

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    U think Barca will sell?
    How abt we give them Saha on TOP of their whatever fees?

The 3 midfielders are the impt ones. At least have Scholes and Hargreaves back will much strengthen the midfield.

And that injury team can beat many teams in the EPL
    maybe they can consider forming a EPL Injury Leauge we sure get the title one!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    maybe they can consider forming a EPL Injury Leauge we sure get the title one!
    We'll win the injury league by Christmas!

SAHA = 容易受伤的男人

红魔曼联将威震四方!!

i am afraid that Owen might become Saha , join the club then injure for a long time LOL

Hope Hargreaves can remain injury free. He is close to returning I guess.

Anderson have been improving steadly.

Anderson clockwatch

The absence of Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick and Owen Hargreaves meant Anderson and Darren Fletcher had to run United's engine room in Kyiv; a task they performed with aplomb.

For Anderson, just 19, it was his chance to show he can do it on the big stage. He carried the responsibility well. ManUtd.com tracked his every move in the Olympic Stadium in an accomplished performance combining skill, vision, tenacity and a willingness to get stuck in...

First half
    2: Nice left-footed pass inside to Fletcher gets him off to a good start
    3: Wins the ball from Bangoura and plays pass forward to Tevez
    4: Picks up ball from Vidic, plays short pass to O’Shea on right
    6: Battles with Shatskikh and wins possession
    14: Attacks Kyiv's defence with a mazy run into the box, but is crowded out by three players
    20: Excellent cross-field pass, left to right, to Ronaldo. Leads to a saved Rooney shot
    28: Wins tackle with Correa, then fouls Yussuf going for the second ball
    33: Under pressure from Rincon, concedes corner which ends with Dynamo scoring
    38: Tries to find Ronaldo with right-footed through-ball. Just too long
    41: Superbly timed hooked challenge stops Rincon breaking into the box
    42: Neat one-two with Tevez cleverly creates space for the Argentinian

Second half
    46: Wins the ball with a slide challenge on Rincon
    47: Long pass across field, just too long for Giggs
    49: Arced pass over Diakhate for Rooney to chase
    49: Surges into the box to meet Rooney’s cross, left-foot volley hits the post
    57: Controls difficult ball on his chest, then plays instant pass to Tevez
    57: First-time lofted pass to Ronaldo wide on the right
    58: Fizzes pass in to Tevez but Nesmachniy cuts it out
    59: Stoops low for a cushioned header back to Giggs
    66: Slices open the Dynamo defence with a pass inside the left-back to Tevez, leading to United’s penalty
    70: With the Reds 4-1 up, slows play down by playing short passes with Giggs
    74: Another left-footed pass out to the right finds Rooney
    76: Begans to tire slightly so moves out wide with John O’Shea taking over in the middle
    85: Shields the ball in the far left corner before a cheeky back-heel to Ronaldo
    87: Quick free-kick finds Ronaldo, but the referee calls it back for not waiting for the whistle

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pa...&newsid=481828

Hope Hargreaves can remain injury free. He is close to returning I guess.

Anderson have been improving steadly.

Anderson clockwatch

The absence of Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick and Owen Hargreaves meant Anderson and Darren Fletcher had to run United's engine room in Kyiv; a task they performed with aplomb.

For Anderson, just 19, it was his chance to show he can do it on the big stage. He carried the responsibility well. ManUtd.com tracked his every move in the Olympic Stadium in an accomplished performance combining skill, vision, tenacity and a willingness to get stuck in...

First half
    2: Nice left-footed pass inside to Fletcher gets him off to a good start
    3: Wins the ball from Bangoura and plays pass forward to Tevez
    4: Picks up ball from Vidic, plays short pass to O’Shea on right
    6: Battles with Shatskikh and wins possession
    14: Attacks Kyiv's defence with a mazy run into the box, but is crowded out by three players
    20: Excellent cross-field pass, left to right, to Ronaldo. Leads to a saved Rooney shot
    28: Wins tackle with Correa, then fouls Yussuf going for the second ball
    33: Under pressure from Rincon, concedes corner which ends with Dynamo scoring
    38: Tries to find Ronaldo with right-footed through-ball. Just too long
    41: Superbly timed hooked challenge stops Rincon breaking into the box
    42: Neat one-two with Tevez cleverly creates space for the Argentinian

Second half
    46: Wins the ball with a slide challenge on Rincon
    47: Long pass across field, just too long for Giggs
    49: Arced pass over Diakhate for Rooney to chase
    49: Surges into the box to meet Rooney’s cross, left-foot volley hits the post
    57: Controls difficult ball on his chest, then plays instant pass to Tevez
    57: First-time lofted pass to Ronaldo wide on the right
    58: Fizzes pass in to Tevez but Nesmachniy cuts it out
    59: Stoops low for a cushioned header back to Giggs
    66: Slices open the Dynamo defence with a pass inside the left-back to Tevez, leading to United’s penalty
    70: With the Reds 4-1 up, slows play down by playing short passes with Giggs
    74: Another left-footed pass out to the right finds Rooney
    76: Begans to tire slightly so moves out wide with John O’Shea taking over in the middle
    85: Shields the ball in the far left corner before a cheeky back-heel to Ronaldo
    87: Quick free-kick finds Ronaldo, but the referee calls it back for not waiting for the whistle

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pa...&newsid=481828
    Looks like he is ready for EPL Action!

anderson is better than Nani , nani is overated ... he is too slow with the ball , most of the time like duno what to do ... dribbling skills also very poor

Campbell has high hopes

Fraizer Campbell is hoping to have a sufficient impact on loan at Hull City to cement a permanent position in United's senior squad.

The 20-year-old striker scored twice on his home debut for the Tigers and is intent on making an impression during his three-month spell at Home Park.

“Sir Alex came to the decision that I wasn’t going to get many games, with us being out of the Carling Cup," Campbell told the official Hull website.

“So it was thought that this was the best role for me. In the long term I’m working towards the goal of being a Manchester United player."

Fraizer is under no illusions as to the size of the task that faces him in making the grade at United, but he is intent on doing just that.

"I’m probably a long way off but you’ve just got to keep working and keep doing what the boss wants you to do," he said.

"That’s what I’ve been doing every day in training and now I’m here to learn my trade.

"Alex Ferguson hasn’t said that he’ll come down to watch me but I know the clubs keep in close contact."

Simpson 'chuffed to bits'

For Danny Simpson, life has been somewhat surreal of late.

While September's Carling Cup exit prompted United boss Sir Alex Ferguson to send a host of young Reds out on loan, the Salford-born full-back has been handed debuts in the Premier League and Champions League.

Having caught the eye as a substitute against Wigan and Dynamo Kyiv, Simpson's chances of cementing a regular berth in Sir Alex's senior squad have increased massively.

"I can't quite believe what is happening at the moment," he said. "I just seem to be walking around with a big smile on my face all the time.

"After the Coventry game, I was worried and disappointed just like everyone else. I did have a chat with the manager but he has shown a lot of faith in me, which is a big boost for my confidence."

The shock of the Reds' defeat to Coventry could have dealt Simpson a real setback in confidence, but his philosophical approach to the loss has enabled him to bounce back in style.

"Everyone suffers disappointments," he mused. "It's part of football. The best thing to do was get over it quickly, keep working hard and then see what develops from there.

"You have to forget about these things. If you dwell on them, it just means your next performance will probably be poor as well, which is the last thing you need. It is better to get it out of your system, so the day after the game was the last day I spent worrying about it."

Although an increasingly regular member of the first-team squad, Simpson is keen to treasure every moment of action he samples.

"A minute playing for United is worth 10 anywhere else," he said. "The experience I am gaining now will go a long way to helping me in the future.

"I feel really good at the moment. The manager knows I am there if he needs me and I am chuffed to bits at the fact he is using me."

Papers: Tevez can be great
    Gab: We're Batty for Tevez
    Carlos Tevez can become Argentina’s greatest player since Diego Maradona following his move to Manchester United. That is the belief of former World Cup ace Gabriel Batistuta — the man who scored more goals for Argentina than any other player. He said: "Carlito is definitely at the right club at the right time in his career. Playing alongside Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo, he can achieve everything he wants. He is already a fantastic, world-class talent and at his new club he has every tool required to become a true Argentine great."
    Mark Irwin, The Sun

The Daily Mail reports that United's 37-year-old goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar is ready to open talks on a new contract in December. "I expect tp hold talks with the relevent people in December," he says.

The Daily Star pick up on yesterday's coverage of Paul Scholes' knee injury. The paper claims that Sir Alex Ferguson has delayed an announcement on the severity of the problem.

Round up by Ben Hibbs

Irwin salutes defensive misers

Reds legend Denis Irwin believes United's defence is providing the bedrock for another successful campaign.

The Reds' backline has shipped just seven goals all season, a record Irwin attributes to opponents' fear of over-committing, together with United's relative shortage of defensive injuries.

"Our defensive record has been very good this season and that's down to a few reasons," Irwin told ManUtd.com. "One is the way that some teams have been scared to go at us a little bit because they saw last season how dangerous United can be on the break.

"Another reason is the stability that we've had there. The manager hasn't changed it round too much at the back and that really helps."

Irwin also feels the Reds' strong team ethic and willingness to help each other out has been a crucial part of such a miserly record.

"Tevez and Rooney will battle back and work hard for you as well," he said. "They're both little terriers and will work their socks off to get the ball back.

"The defenders really appreciate that – Giggsy's been doing it for years. The players are all well aware of their defensive duties and they'll all track back."

Anderson's rave reviews

Anderson's commanding display against Dynamo Kyiv has earned him ManUtd.com's Man of the Match award.

The Brazilian picked up almost half the votes in the poll, seeing off competition from Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo. However, for ManUtd.com readers it's simply another reason to be increasingly impressed with the Brazilian midfielder's performances.

The 19-year-old has taken time to settle since moving from Porto in the summer. His involvement in the Copa America meant that he didn't benefit from a full programme of pre-season training.

Now his obvious talents are beginning to show through on the field. So much so, in fact, that he has also been voted United's most impressive young player so far this term. Over 120,000 fans took part, with Anderson polling 57 per cent of the votes. Chris Eagles finished second with 35 per cent, with Gerard Pique, Danny Simpson and Fraizer Campbell sharing the remaining votes.

Former Reds playmaker Paddy Crerand has been hugely impressed with the midfielder's recent form. "He's an excellent passer of the ball," Crerand told ManUtd.com. "Unfortunately he didn’t get much football in the summer, but he has come in and been tremendous."

Poll Results
    Best young player
    Anderson (69045 votes)
    Campbell (340 votes)
    Eagles (42411 votes)
    Pique (5436 votes)
    Simpson (3903 votes)
    TOTAL VOTES: 121,141

Man of the Match
    Anderson (4209 votes)
    Ronaldo (3108 votes)
    Rooney (1829 votes)
    Tevez (560 votes)
    Ferdinand (481 votes)
    Brown (139 votes)
    TOTAL VOTES: 10326

Giggs: More of the same, please

Watch out Middlesbrough, United are flying. That's the message from Reds winger Ryan Giggs in the lead-up to Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash at Old Trafford.

"If we play like we have been recently, I'd back us against anyone," Giggs told Manchester United Radio. "Confidence is high at the moment and we look very dangerous going forward. We also look really solid at the back.

"Individually, the defenders have done brilliantly this season. Rio's scored in the last couple of games and Nemanja Vidic always weighs in with goals. We defend as a team and we attack as a team."

Middlesbrough arrive at Old Trafford having won just once since the start of September, but Giggs says it's important United don't underestimate the challenge.

"Middlesbrough have quality in the team and we expect a difficult game. They'll be thinking that we've had a long trip to Kyiv in midweek and now will be a good time to catch us. We need to apply ourselves and perform like we have been in recent weeks."

Giggs, who signed a contract extension earlier this month that will keep him at Old Trafford until June 2009, says he's happy with his current form but concedes there's always room for improvement.

"I was really pleased to get my contract sorted out and I'm loving my football more than ever. I just want to stay here at United and win more trophies.

"I'm relatively happy with my own form at the moment. Of course I can play better… but I don't think any player's really standing out right now. I think the overall team ethic and work-rate has been fantastic."

Park eyes January return

Ji-sung Park has his sights set on a return to action in January, having stepped up his recovery from knee surgery.

The Korean livewire damaged cruciate knee ligaments against Blackburn last March but, after an arduous road to recovery, he can finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

"At the moment I am trying to recover as hard as I can,” Park told Ilgan Sports.

“Recently, I started jogging and step-by step I am moving closer to a return in January. I am not yet training with the other players at the moment, I am training alone," he added.

In Park's absence, competition for midfield and attacking berths has been heightened by a host of new signings, but the 26-year-old is keen to stake his claim when he returns.

"Competition is fiercer than before with the signing of players like Nani," he said. "It is important that I have the confidence to perform to my best when I return."

Boro 'have nothing to lose'

Middlesbrough midfielder Gary O'Neil says his side can come to Old Trafford on Saturday without the burden of pressure.

Gareth Southgate's side have endured an uninspiring start to the season, and sit just one point above the relegation zone. With a trip to in-form United looming, O'Neil says the pressure will all be on the champions.

"I could definitely pick better games to play in next week but we've got to play them at some point," he told the official Boro website. "We've got nothing to lose, we've got to go there and express ourselves."

Boro are without a win since beating Birmingham at the Riverside Stadium on September 1, and summer signing O'Neil is at a loss to explain the Teessiders' poor form.

"Everything seems to be going against us at the moment," he said. "But we're still all together in there and we'll be working as hard as we can to get out of it.

"We've just got to hang in there. There's not a lot we can do apart from just keep going."

Boro boss plots a shock

Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate insists his side are far from lambs to the slaughter when they visit United this weekend.

The Teessiders have lost just one league match at Old Trafford in the last six seasons, and Southgate is adamant that critics are wrong to be so dismissive of his side's chances of extending that record.

"I remember before we beat Chelsea a couple of years ago, I said that if we can put a man on the moon we can beat Chelsea," the Boro boss said.

"If you believe they put a man on the moon then anything is possible and I maintain that stance going into the United game.

"We've got a fantastic recent record there and the reality is in this division that on any given day anyone can go somewhere and get a win."

While many of Boro's recent trips to Old Trafford have been made with a cautious approach, Southgate insists his side will travel south with intent to attack, not just repel the hosts.

"They have got some class acts who we respect," he said. "But I'm determined that we're going there to win, not to sit back and feel sorry for ourselves.

"There won't be too many people giving us much of a chance but we will roll our sleeves up and go again. We've got to defend well and that's something we haven't done collectively over the last few weeks.

"That has to be a starting point but you also have to throw a few punches yourself. If you cover up and absorb blows all afternoon then eventually you get beaten, so you have to be positive."
    .....Shock? ya we will shock them alrite!

Match Pack: Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough come to Manchester this weekend boasting one of the best records at Old Trafford in recent years. In fact, United have beaten the Teessiders just once in the last six home meetings.

Form guide: Unfortunately for Boro, their current form isn't so impressive. Gareth Southgate's side haven't registered a victory since 1 September and, most recently, slipped up at home against Chelsea. Meanwhile, the Reds are flying and have bagged four-goal hauls in each of their last three games. A win on Saturday will send United to the top of the league... at least for 24 hours.

Ins and outs: Both sides have a number of injury concerns, with the Reds' most recent setbacks occuring in Kyiv, where Paul Scholes (knee) and Patrice Evra (calf) both picked up knocks. It's unlikely either will face Boro and it's still too early for the likes of Owen Hargreaves (knee) and Michael Carrick (elbow). Middlesbrough will have to face the Reds without influential midfielder Julio Arca (knee), the steely Emanuel Pogatez (knee) and defender Robert Huth (ankle). Striker Jeremie Aliadiere faces a race against time to recover from a recent hamstring injury.

Star men: Cristiano Ronaldo terrorised Boro in last season's fixtures and just happens to be in blistering form going into Saturday's match. He's now scored six goals in his last six starts. Middlesbrough, on the other hand, will want to get the ball to Stewart Downing, whose early crosses could really unsettle the Reds' back four.

What are the odds? 10/1 Boro to win, 25/1 Ronaldo to net three.
    Another 4 more goals for the