Thread: Need info and tips: Trip to Yunan in Nov

Default Need info and tips: Trip to Yunan in Nov

Hi friends
    I am going to Yunan for a trip to do some social work and also planning a little R/R after, can I ask the experts here:

- places to see, and shot
    - places to eat,
    - places to stay (on a modest budget but a safe place will be nice)

I prob will fly into Kunming via silkair unless there are other suggestions
    Thanks

P
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Default Re: Need info and tips: Trip to Yunan in Nov

Stone Forest, Guilin.

Good food is everywhere on the streets.

hi hi

specialty food - guo chiau mee sian , chi guo chicken , mushroom , shao er kuai

visit - nearer to kunming - Dali (bai tribe) , Lijiang (luku river, snow mountain)
    nearer to tibet - zhong dian ( tibet scenery )

lodging - any where but not too near train station as it is dangerous.... got robbers ....

also, beware of 5 star hotels!

precaution when crossing the road!!!!

cheeersss

happy shooting!

Yunnan is a BIG province, there are many cities and sights worth to see. The must-see ones are Dali, Lijiang, Shangrila, Yu Long Snow Mountain, Tiger Jump gorge.

Must see how many days you have there. I spend 1 week there also not enough to see the major spots.

Thanks friends, much appreciated
    My social work will take up a week, in the countryside, then perhaps I can squeeze in 3 days of R/R
    Its ok if I don't see everything, helping the people will be the most important, but I look forward to reporting back with nice pics.

Cheers!
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

if you are going to lijiang. stay right inside 'gu cheng' or ancient city. there are very nice and simple lodge that has rooms w a windows just facing some of the cobbled streets and streams.

if you are keen to take pictures of ppl there, offer to give send them the photos ( and really do it!!)

i was at lijiang and wanted to take some folks in triditional costumes. they rejected me at first. then one of them ask if i will give them the pics. i asked for their address and they let me take plenty of photos!!

i have sent them the photos and we have become friends. they have also invited me to visit their town in shangrila in some oct fest but i couldnt make it. point is many ppl never had their photos taking before. just take and show them e LCD. i was elated when saw then so happy!