Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monkey god and elephant tree.

Default Re: Monkey god and elephant tree.

eh... what happened to the craze over the Lohan fish? it stop giving numbers already ah? what happened to the altar at the AMK Ave 10? it also stop giving numbers already ah? so now the latest is the monkey tree. let's see how long the craze will last. i think this monkey will be abandoned too in the not-so-distant future.

people (especially the chinese community) will find every excuse to make money out of the ordinary. once they don't get what they are looking for... they move on. mind you, i'm not being racial here for i'm a chinese too. but i don't believe is such things.
    Last edited by mohgui; 17th September 2007 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    eh... what happened to the craze over the Lohan fish? it stop giving numbers already ah? what happened to the altar at the AMK Ave 10? it also stop giving numbers already ah? so now the latest is the monkey tree. let's see how long the craze will last. i think this monkey will be abandoned too in the not-so-distant future.

people (especially the chinese community) will find every excuse to make money out of the ordinary. once they don't get what they are looking for... they move on. mind you, i'm not being racial here for i'm a chinese too. but i don't believe is such things.
    cos u mohgui mah..monster no need believe one hehe..

but i find all the monkey see monkey do (or pray or whatever u call it) pure stupidity..as explained by tree experts, natural resemblance to something and they think its an act of the heavens..lol

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    cos u mohgui mah..monster no need believe one hehe..

but i find all the monkey see monkey do (or pray or whatever u call it) pure stupidity..as explained by tree experts, natural resemblance to something and they think its an act of the heavens..lol
    err... I do believe that GOD appears to us in many many different ways , sometimes, he appears to us in such a way that is beyond our comprehension and understandings. To guide us and to enlighten us in his own ways. Some may eventually benefit from it, while others think it as pure stupidity.

There is really no right or wrong to do things. If you believe in it, it will come true in one day... if you don't believe in it, then it will appear as only a work of the nature.

hmmm........ wonder when will NEA hang those notices on that tree:

"This tree is determined unsafe and will be cut down on 23 December 2007."

Have these notices on three trees in my neighbourhood.

i guess freedom of worship and beliefs is ok, but it is just the traffic and safety.

anyway... when i drove past today. some images where pasted on some boards bside the trees.

and i heard that these images are for sale.

i cant believe someone did that......

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    i guess freedom of worship and beliefs is ok, but it is just the traffic and safety.

as of now.. the traffic ok..

just that someone took some images of the tree and wants to sell it...

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    anyway... when i drove past today. some images where pasted on some boards bside the trees.

and i heard that these images are for sale.

i cant believe someone did that......
    in addition to freedom of worship, beliefs and what-have-you... now there's freedom to be enterprising too. people can really be creative

Not really greed that troubles me. It's the fact that people hope that there are shortcuts to get what they want. There are no shortcuts in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    What's wrong with greed??? If I greed for something I will put in more effort to get it.

As long as my greed didn't cause me to do illegal or immoral things, it's ok what.

of course greed is a bad thing, even u haven't done any illegal or immoral things, it drives you there one day. ha.

Maybe what you are trying to say is 'goal'?

but let's say effort to reach our goal, what effort those people had put in ah? worshipping a tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    Not really greed that troubles me. It's the fact that people hope that there are shortcuts to get what they want. There are no shortcuts in life.
    There's another group...the gullible. hmm..oh well... Darwinian Law at work lah.

To me shortcut is call luck. And Luck favors the informed,hardworking and prepared. e can throw alittle side bet on luck to give us that rare windfall but you can't make that your main life line. Anyhoo...I hope people will start to get back to their senses and not let this go too far that it becomes the thing that help them lose more of what they are trying so hard to pray to get.

On the supernatural side, even if say there was "something" there or some apparation exist, how sure are you it is not something 'dirty'. Grant a wish...take something back from you hehehe.... BOO !

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    I was speaking out in general base on the usual sentiments of what typically would be expressed by most when it come to encountering difficulty to earn a living here (or anywhere else) but then I also want to see how soon before I get the usual troll(s) popping in here with their usual rant and ugly head.

this is good

next time i set traps for people whose views differ from mine by posting my opinion in the first place

then when people disagree with me i will call it a trap and call them trolls

so very pleasant, i like it, cunning too

i think someday down the road, people will start blaming constipation on the gahment
    "wah lau, never make me eat enough vegetables ar
    now pangsai pang buay chut"

people have their own opinion sia, if i like gahment, let me say my piece against you
    you can say my piece against me
    if you start calling names, then it reflects badly on you because it shows you have nothing in the way of logic to offer, so you resort to emotional line of argument, which is as good as no line of argument at all

anyways i don't see any monkey, dog, cat or what face in the tree leh
    and then the poor tree kena smear a lot of paint
    very poor thing leh
    Last edited by night86mare; 18th September 2007 at 10:39 AM.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    as of now.. the traffic ok..

just that someone took some images of the tree and wants to sell it...
    bro..i think u can take better pics then those posted there..maybe a business opportunity..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Member/Tangshooter

5 years ago, i asked one of my very knowledgeable friend..what kind of business is good? And he replied, "Religion"...i can see this coming to be true..

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

this is good

next time i set traps for people whose views differ from mine by posting my opinion in the first place

then when people disagree with me i will call it a trap and call them trolls

so very pleasant, i like it, cunning too

i think someday down the road, people will start blaming constipation on the gahment
    "wah lau, never make me eat enough vegetables ar
    now pangsai pang buay chut"
    Aiyo..I don't blame the govt for all the woes of the world. I am bringing up the usual sentiment in Singapore when you talk about gaining wealthetc. Just in my office and some of those I call friends outside. This is the usual angle...govt make it so hard for me that I have no choice lah...have to buy toto or 4D to get that one chance to even or get out blah blah. That was simply what I tried to mean or suggest that would be one of the usual line taken by anyone or are there other reason that propel people in this day and age to jump in on something like a image on a tree. I know the answer why ...roughly...but I am just airing it out. Get some feedback and provoke some thoughts. But at the back of my mind when I finish typing that...I know there will be trolls of the usual suspect that will come in and use it as their platform to decry the usual slur just like you have those who alway blame the govt for everything...so here you have those on the other side. You just throw in one or two keyword and their CHIP on their shoulder gets itchy. When I attack back.. I have no patience to reason. It is not like you see me over doing stuff here all this time. I am pretty level headed. But I know this trolls and I only have one way of dealing with them as I would also in real life. I give no quarter, no courtesy and I tell you like it is for what you are. No offend but that's just me. Can't handle that then tread quietly. If he came in and enquiry if I was instigating that the govt was at fault or casue this tree worshiping..hey. I would have explain things more civil. He came in gun blazing. This is how I deal with troll and she-male man.

Granted I throw in my two cents about what I hate about the govt and how at times not enough done in cerrtain areas which I feel they could done better but I also have no problem when they do do well including any of our uniform groups. Search my threads and see how political I am or not and then search out those key trolls and you see how often that is where they spend their time in CS. Enough said lah bro..you can take what I rant here for what it is but I know me for what i stand. I praise for when I am pleased with something and I rant and howl when something pricks me. This is what kopitiam is about...of couse within reason lah. Beside, how much of what we say do you think gets out beyond just us shuttersnappers? Ya you might have your usual paranoid spies from both side that could be lurking here but hell...I think they are laughing more at us then fear our comments. Provoke you to think..yes that I am trying but I am not trying to sell or force my ideal of life on anyone...that would be shameful of me to do so.
    Last edited by sammy888; 18th September 2007 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    5 years ago, i asked one of my very knowledgeable friend..what kind of business is good? And he replied, "Religion"...i can see this coming to be true..
    It's been proven true for eons actually.

Member/Tangshooter

Aiyo..I don't blame the govt for all the woes of the world. I am bringing up the usual sentiment in Singapore when you talk about gaining wealthetc. Just in my office and some of those I call friends outside. This is the usual angle...govt make it so hard for me that I have no choice lah...have to buy toto or 4D to get that one chance to even or get out blah blah. That was simply what I tried to mean or suggest that would be one of the usual line taken by anyone or are there other reason that propel people in this day and age to jump in on something like a image on a tree. I know the answer why ...roughly...but I am just airing it out. Get some feedback. But at the back of my mind when I finish typing that...I know there will be trolls of the usual suspect that will come in and use it as their platform to decry the usual slur just like you have those who alway blame the govt for everything...so here you have those on the other side. You just throw in one or two keyword and their CHIP on their should gets itchy. When I attack back.. I have no patience to reason. It is not like you see me over doing stuff here all this time. I am pretty level headed. But I know this trolls and I only have one way of dealing with them as I would also in real life. I give no quarter, not courtesy and I tell you for you are. No offend. If he came in and enquiry if I was instigating that the govt was at fault or casue this tree worshiping..hey. I would have explain things more civil. He came in gun blazing. This is how I deal with troll and she-male man.

Granted I throw in my two cents about what I hate about the govt and how at times not enough done in cerrtain areas which I feel they could done better but I also have no problem when they do do well including any of our uniform groups. Search my threads and see how political I am or not and then search out those key trolls and you see how often that is where they spend their time in CS. Enough said lah bro..you can take what I rant here for what it is but I know me for what i stand. I praise for I am pleased with and I rant and howl when something pricks me. This is what kopitiam is about...of couse within reason lah. Provoke you to think but I am not trying to sell you my ideal of life...that would be shameful of me to do so.
    Bro..i understand ur point..this is just not the place to discuss abt such issues..and be careful wif ur words, else u'll be falling into another trap..RATIONAL is always the word i keep in mind..

Granted I throw in my two cents about what I hate about the govt and how at times not enough done in cerrtain areas which I feel they could done better but I also have no problem when they do do well including any of our uniform groups. Search my threads and see how political I am or not and then search out those key trolls and you see how often that is where they spend their time in CS. Enough said lah bro..you can take what I rant here for what it is but I know me for what i stand. I praise for when I am pleased with something and I rant and howl when something pricks me. This is what kopitiam is about...of couse within reason lah. Beside, how much of what we say do you think gets out beyond just us shuttersnappers? Ya you might have your usual paranoid spies from both side that could be lurking here but hell...I think they are laughing more at us then fear our comments. Provoke you to think..yes that I am trying but I am not trying to sell or force my ideal of life on anyone...that would be shameful of me to do so.
    =(

reason why i spoke up is because i post so much rubbish in kopitiam
    but people always say i am troll too

boohoohoo
    but let's move on la
    i may not agree with you, but i get where you are coming from - and let's leave it at that, like canonised says

Aiyo..I don't blame the govt for all the woes of the world. I am bringing up the usual sentiment in Singapore when you talk about gaining wealthetc. Just in my office and some of those I call friends outside. This is the usual angle...govt make it so hard for me that I have no choice lah...have to buy toto or 4D to get that one chance to even or get out blah blah. That was simply what I tried to mean or suggest that would be one of the usual line taken by anyone or are there other reason that propel people in this day and age to jump in on something like a image on a tree. I know the answer why ...roughly...but I am just airing it out. Get some feedback and provoke some thoughts. But at the back of my mind when I finish typing that...I know there will be trolls of the usual suspect that will come in and use it as their platform to decry the usual slur just like you have those who alway blame the govt for everything...so here you have those on the other side. You just throw in one or two keyword and their CHIP on their shoulder gets itchy. When I attack back.. I have no patience to reason. It is not like you see me over doing stuff here all this time. I am pretty level headed. But I know this trolls and I only have one way of dealing with them as I would also in real life. I give no quarter, no courtesy and I tell you like it is for what you are. No offend but that's just me. Can't handle that then tread quietly. If he came in and enquiry if I was instigating that the govt was at fault or casue this tree worshiping..hey. I would have explain things more civil. He came in gun blazing. This is how I deal with troll and she-male man.

and also put more paragraphs. very difficult to read. same as before. you can write very convincing arguements, but if no one read it, what is the point?

wad the.. lol.. like that also called monkey god tree? lol.. ok.. if there really is a monkey god and that's his tree then won't the monkey god be angry that so many people dirty his tree with spray paint and musking tape? all i see from the pic is really great abstract art from nature and i think the people there are destroying it..
    E-M5 user and I am lovin' it! E-M5, 12-50Kit, 17mm f 2.8, 25mm f1.4, 60mm macro, 45-175 zoom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast