Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software for making internet calls to any number

Default Software for making internet calls to any number

Does anyone know of any software which I can use to make calls to anyone. That means, the person I'm calling don't need to have an account, such as with Skype, Msn, etc. That means, I can use the software and make a call through my internet to anyone, just like a normal phone.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Default Re: Software for making internet calls to any number

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Does anyone know of any software which I can use to make calls to anyone. That means, the person I'm calling don't need to have an account, such as with Skype, Msn, etc. That means, I can use the software and make a call through my internet to anyone, just like a normal phone.

You can try pfingo.
    Success doesn't come to you,
    you go to it. :)

Do you need to have a Starhub acc for pfingo?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

VOIPSTUNT

seriously, this software rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    VOIPSTUNT

seriously, this software rocks!!!

huh?
    skype also can make any calls to any number worldwide but charges apply. its cheaper than overseas calls but i dunno if that's wat u wan

It is not the software, it is the voip service. There is no free voip service to any number.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    huh?
    skype also can make any calls to any number worldwide but charges apply. its cheaper than overseas calls but i dunno if that's wat u wan
    I mean can call to people who are not using skype also. E.g. if i have skype, can I use it to call to someone's landline of hp line?

I mean can call to people who are not using skype also. E.g. if i have skype, can I use it to call to someone's landline of hp line?
    of course you could, i've called landlines and mobile number to many countries. it's only you need to buy skype credit to make the call and it's not the cheapest though .

Quote Originally Posted by pl4nx View Post
    of course you could, i've called landlines and mobile number to many countries. it's only you need to buy skype credit to make the call and it's not the cheapest though .
    With voipstunt, you don't need to pay anything to call landlines or mobile.

Sure about this? I thought you have to buy credits... how can be free? Telco voice service out the window, this company must also have business model to make money right?

../azul123

Yes, with a skype account, u can call anybody anywhere in the world either on their landline or hp. The person doesn't need to have a skype account. Their call to hp rate is much cheaper than hp to hp. I used to make calls to a Malaysian hp which cost me only S$0.09 per min whereas if I use my hp to call, I pay S$0.16 IDD rate per min and on top of that I have to pay local airtime rate of $0.10 or $0.20 per min depending on whether the call is made during peak or offpeak. The voice quality is very good and on many instances even better than hp to hp call. If you are using skype and the receiving party (anywhere in the world) also have skype, do a skype chat with a mic. It's free and the voice quality is excellent - just like talking face-to-face.

As for voipstunt, not all calls are free. Only calls to to a few countries and usually landlines are free. The rest of them, the rates are about the same as skype but I don't know about the quality.
    Last edited by redstorm; 21st September 2007 at 09:12 AM.

Yes, just buy some SkypeOut credits. It's not expensive.

As has been said, Skype Out allows you to call any phone, as long as you have credits in your account.

Using Skype In (you must buy a phone number), you can receive calls and it includes voice mail.

For Skype, how much does calls to local land lines cost? And local hp?

For those who've used VoipStunt, is the sound quality good?

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/prices/

For those who've used VoipStunt, is the sound quality good?
    Aiyoh.... just go and download and install yourself lah!! No need to pay a single cent. No joke!!! Call quality is pretty decent too but this is subjective and it is best that you give it a try yourself.

www.voipstunt.com

After 3 months of usage, they will ask if you want to buy some credits of 10 Euros. If you don't want to spend money, just create another account. No problem one. For me, I payed the 10 Euros because it was more than worth it for all the international calls I made with this service.

From their Website:

Free* calls to:
    Argentina
    Australia
    Austria
    Belgium
    Canada
    Chile
    Denmark
    Estonia
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Hong Kong (+mobile)
    Iceland
    Ireland
    Italy
    Japan
    Liechtenstein
    Luxembourg
    Malaysia
    Monaco
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Portugal
    Puerto Rico (+mobile)
    Russian Federation
    Singapore (+mobile)
    South Korea
    Spain
    Sweden
    Taiwan
    United Kingdom
    United States (+mobile)

100% Free*, no call setup! Click here for more info. For all other rates, click here
    Last edited by seankyh; 24th September 2007 at 05:02 PM.

Hey seankyh...
    I've downloaded and used the VoipStunt... After i think ard 10 calls, it doesn't allow you to make any more free calls. It says "you have reached the maximum number of free trial calls. To make calls, please buy credit." Is there something I need to do? Cos you keep saying that it's free to make calls.

Hey seankyh...
    I've downloaded and used the VoipStunt... After i think ard 10 calls, it doesn't allow you to make any more free calls. It says "you have reached the maximum number of free trial calls. To make calls, please buy credit." Is there something I need to do? Cos you keep saying that it's free to make calls.
    Did you read this from their homepage ?

* Max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days and per unique IP address. Unused free minutes cannot be taken to the following week(s). If limit is exceeded the normal rates apply. With your FREE DAYS you can call for free to all the destinations listed as free! when you have no FREE DAYS left the normal rates apply. You can get extra Freedays by buying credit

Do pardon this newbie question!

I know one must be on-line and preferably using broadband connection.

What else do one needs before he can make the call? Will any standard PC earphone-microphone combo do? Any software to install?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast