Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lens Hood?

Default Re: Lens Hood?

Quote Originally Posted by boredphuck View Post
    ya la. can reverse la. but i mean repeatedly doing it quite waste of time if u need to take a quick shot. then nvr use. then realise got flare.
    Well, if you find that you need to reverse it and mount repeatedly, then probably you need your lens quite frequently. Why not sling the set up around your neck and carry it around?

Reversing is quite instinctive once you get used to it, your camera is in the bag already, to bring it out probably takes more time than to reverse mount your hood.

I would rather take the extra second to get the setup ready, then risk letting a flare ruin the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Well, if you find that you need to reverse it and mount repeatedly, then probably you need your lens quite frequently. Why not sling the set up around your neck and carry it around?

Reversing is quite instinctive once you get used to it, your camera is in the bag already, to bring it out probably takes more time than to reverse mount your hood.

I would rather take the extra second to get the setup ready, then risk letting a flare ruin the shot.
    true true. point taken.

One caveat: Wear. If you keep swapping things about like that, something's gona wear out. That said, I suppose most are gentle with their equips (I hope!) and wear shouldn't be too terrible.

from what i know.. u'd probably put ur lens/camera back in ur bag only when u know u dun have anything left to shoot..

so that being the case, probably won't have to worry about not having enough time to reverse the lens and stuff but imho i would think if u're still gonna walk around i'd just necksling the camera with the lens and hood just in case u got good stuff to take..

btw my hood has already protected my lens/filter on several occasions and thats only in a short span of 2.5mths lol so i reckon its very impt

Only use my lens hood for my telephoto, don't like the hood for my kit lens. I find some of the lens hoods too bulky, too small for my camera bag.
    Nikon D80|Nikon 18-135 AF-S DX|Nikon 70-300 AF|Nikon 50 f/1.4 AFD|Nikon SB-800|Canon IXUS 70

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    One caveat: Wear. If you keep swapping things about like that, something's gona wear out. That said, I suppose most are gentle with their equips (I hope!) and wear shouldn't be too terrible.
    i agree. the camera just keeps getting longer and longer ...

Quote Originally Posted by makinjosh View Post
    from what i know.. u'd probably put ur lens/camera back in ur bag only when u know u dun have anything left to shoot..

so that being the case, probably won't have to worry about not having enough time to reverse the lens and stuff but imho i would think if u're still gonna walk around i'd just necksling the camera with the lens and hood just in case u got good stuff to take..

btw my hood has already protected my lens/filter on several occasions and thats only in a short span of 2.5mths lol so i reckon its very impt
    point taken. i am waiting for the stock to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryOng View Post
    Only use my lens hood for my telephoto, don't like the hood for my kit lens. I find some of the lens hoods too bulky, too small for my camera bag.
    yeah. i agree. now i worried it cannot fit if i dun flip it around when i put in the bag.

I'm using a Lowepro Apex 140AW. It's a small sling bag, but it fits both my kit lenses, their hoods, filters and a small cleaning kit with some room to spare (which I won't attempt to fill, of course =p). So...even tiny bags can fit them lens hoods! But try not to pack too tightly or the padding's effectiveness will be reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by boredphuck View Post
    canon. efs 17-85. i don't think the lower range lens comes with the hood if kit lens.

marketing leh. must make all efforts to let product look good woh.
    sadly,ALL canon lens dun come with hood.Except for the L lens

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    sadly,ALL canon lens dun come with hood.Except for the L lens
    is that so? canon quite cheapo leh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    I'm using a Lowepro Apex 140AW. It's a small sling bag, but it fits both my kit lenses, their hoods, filters and a small cleaning kit with some room to spare (which I won't attempt to fill, of course =p). So...even tiny bags can fit them lens hoods! But try not to pack too tightly or the padding's effectiveness will be reduced.
    i am using the stealth reporter 100. if i store the camera upright, it will be a tight fit. maybe shld have gotten the 200.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12