Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 154

Thread: Discriminations?

  1. #121

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post
    it's never about equipments except for the jc kid with 1dmk3 with 16-200 f2.8 ( which comes in 3 different pieces )
    oh who is that???

  2. #122
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by noob sniper View Post
    i still can recall that last firework done by china team last month , as we always be there early to find place to setup our tripod etc , and tat day me and my wife both setup our tripod and there a 1 guy with his gf there almost the same timing as us , it abt 6pm , they stand just beside to my wife tripod so we all wait on just like we use too , after 2.45hr of waiting i saw 1 guy carry his dslr and cant find any spot as he was late and he notice the guy and his gf beside my wife are not using any dslr or pns , he walk toward them and the way he ask like macham wana act ahbeng , he said are u shooting if not can u move aside and let me havwe the spot in a veri ahbeng manner , wat i like best is tat guy reply , Yes iam shooting with my hp cam lol
    gd response. +D

  3. #123

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by noob sniper View Post
    i still can recall that last firework done by china team last month , as we always be there early to find place to setup our tripod etc , and tat day me and my wife both setup our tripod and there a 1 guy with his gf there almost the same timing as us , it abt 6pm , they stand just beside to my wife tripod so we all wait on just like we use too , after 2.45hr of waiting i saw 1 guy carry his dslr and cant find any spot as he was late and he notice the guy and his gf beside my wife are not using any dslr or pns , he walk toward them and the way he ask like macham wana act ahbeng , he said are u shooting if not can u move aside and let me havwe the spot in a veri ahbeng manner , wat i like best is tat guy reply , Yes iam shooting with my hp cam lol
    replying in another way...well...you can the spot standing behind me...haha..

  4. #124

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    But note that if u turned pro, big equipment would give u more credibility in the eyes of the client. That day, I was looking at some photos of my friend. He brought lights and everything. When I saw the photo, I asked him why the need to bring such equipment. His skill would allow him to take such photos with his external flash. His answer was, if he did not bring his gear, that would not allow him to justify how much he charge the client. Clients would complain. Clients expect such services and whether necessary or not, is immaterial to the client. It is the perception that drives the market sometimes.
    This is very true.. If you're not using the latest and greatest, they will try to push your price down or they will look for someone else. It's really sad that in many industry, it's not the skill set that matters..

    My company's D40 gives better high ISO images than even D2X.

  5. #125

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by ddwmk2002 View Post
    Couple of years ago, i was shooting float and firework at Marina. A guy (abt 16yrs old, and can be sure is a foreign chinese) came standing beside me on my right and i was instantly attracted by his carbon fibre tripod which probably cost more then my FZ20. Next he took out a Hasselblad (sorry i don't know what model) and mount in on his tripod.

    Shortly after a group of young photographer with DSLR came standing on my left and was instantly attacted to the Hassie. Then followed by sour insult like "Wah serious onot!" "Steal father money buy one izit?" "Know how to take photo onot?" and lot more through out the entire evening.

    Saw them whole evening very busy chaking the poor chap beside me, calling girlfriend, buying ice cream etc doing everything you can thought of except shooting. Frankly i am not quite sure whether they are there taking photo or organizing a camera road show.

    There ain't no way to please such people. You use good camera oso kena chak, lousy camera oso kena chak. Let them live in their own perfect world.
    Don't care lah.. just shoot.. Then post some of the images in CS and silence all of them lor..

  6. #126
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    This is very true.. If you're not using the latest and greatest, they will try to push your price down or they will look for someone else. It's really sad that in many industry, it's not the skill set that matters..

    My company's D40 gives better high ISO images than even D2X.
    Yup. I also have pp telling me D70s cannot make it. I heh heh prove them very wrong.

  7. #127

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    This is very true.. If you're not using the latest and greatest, they will try to push your price down or they will look for someone else. It's really sad that in many industry, it's not the skill set that matters..

    My company's D40 gives better high ISO images than even D2X.
    My company paid some "Pros" to shoot for the Company's Newsletter. If I am not mistaken 2K per day. The Photographers turned up with Professional equipments with lighting and umbrellas and many other stuff. The pictures that was given were all rejected because they were merely snapshots.

    Our director then asked if we can have our own in house amature photographers to do the job. We gathered a few guys with only a Canon 400d and a single Reflector. The turn out was fantastic and was selected by the board of directors to be published after that.

  8. #128

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    Yup. I also have pp telling me D70s cannot make it. I heh heh prove them very wrong.
    People forget it's often the person behind the camera that makes the difference. Actually, after using and seeing images from D40, I do find my D70s cannot make it, especially in high ISO.

  9. #129
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ClubSNAP community
    Posts
    2,775

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Amazing that this thread is still alive.

    Should not you all be focused on shooting happily rather than harping about gear?

  10. #130

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    People forget it's often the person behind the camera that makes the difference. Actually, after using and seeing images from D40, I do find my D70s cannot make it, especially in high ISO.
    ya...true...D70s at high ISO is very bad...even give the best photographer...the limitation of his toys sometimes gives problem...

  11. #131
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest2 View Post
    ya...true...D70s at high ISO is very bad...even give the best photographer...the limitation of his toys sometimes gives problem...
    Yeah. That was the reason I changed fully to Canon system. High ISO Hopefully, I will not miss the colours of Nikon

  12. #132

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    Yeah. That was the reason I changed fully to Canon system. High ISO Hopefully, I will not miss the colours of Nikon
    i also hoping nikon to improve on their up coming D400 in a couple of years time...then it will be the best time for me to change...hope my current D70 can last that long...

  13. #133

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    I haven't had any real ISO "problem" with my A100... But after seeing the fanastic high-ISO performance of the A700... I start to feel the limitations... Sigh

    But, i have to say... I've gotten better shots with my previous Sony H1 than some pros with their 350D and L-lens.

  14. #134

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    400D is outdated? Then I shoot with my handphone camera and CoolPix S4 is what?


    So sad...let's form a support group for ourselves.

  15. #135
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Hehe TS. I went thru the same thing as u.

    During the SFF, some "exp equipment carriers" were oso making snide remarks when i mount

    my PnS on a big tripod but i just ignored them, after SFF ended I went around shoot night

    scene with a friend, again some 'exp equipment carriers' were looking at us and laughing.

    Hehe, tat's why nowadays I simply ignore greeting photographers when I bump into

    them while shooting.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  16. #136

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    sigh wish we could all live in harmony..
    E-M5 user and I am lovin' it! E-M5, 12-50Kit, 17mm f 2.8, 25mm f1.4, 60mm macro, 45-175 zoom.

  17. #137

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    You cant change how people think, or what people say, or how they behave. It could be due to upbringing, environment or the person himself. There will always be rotten apples in a barrel. For people who like to look down on others, all i can say is, learn humility before you are humbled by circumstances beyond your control.

  18. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Hehe TS. I went thru the same thing as u.

    During the SFF, some "exp equipment carriers" were oso making snide remarks when i mount

    my PnS on a big tripod but i just ignored them, after SFF ended I went around shoot night

    scene with a friend, again some 'exp equipment carriers' were looking at us and laughing.

    Hehe, tat's why nowadays I simply ignore greeting photographers when I bump into

    them while shooting.

    Haha, I like the term Exp equipment carriers, cannot be more apt for such photogs!

  19. #139
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Quote Originally Posted by xcesstunes View Post
    I guess i have no choice but to post this matter here.

    I'm new to digital photography and it has become a passion throughout the experience. Recently i encounter something ugly and i think it's a disgrace to the world of photography.

    Here's the situation. Recently i went for a walkabout over at Geylang (to catch and experience the fasting month atmosphere) to do some street photography. I bumped into a group of photographers and decide to make friends with them. I started talking to them and their 1st impression is what saddens me. They look at me in arrogance and they continue talking among themselves. I get their 'signals' and walk away. But that's not the point i post this thread.

    I start taking photos and they were just a few feet away. They look at me and laugh. I thought they started to lighten up but they were laughing about my equipment (i'm using a 300D). I check and examine my camera if there's something wrong with it. But before i could examine, i overheard them talking, "that guy is so outdated. he thinks he can take good pictures with that crap? we're glad we're equip with this (they're using 40D, D200 and some L lens". I was disheartened.

    That doesn't dimoralize me because i know "photography is not about equipment, it's the person behind it" or that saying is gone? What saddens me is that there is some photographers out there think it's all about the equipment.
    Bro 300d is good enough i know of 1 photographer using 300d/350d to shoot for AD n paid events which turn out to be good!
    If ur 300d no good i gt to find a hole to burried my head cos i using A95! But for me i dun care lah... learn to become numb to all those 'stare'... jus shoot my own pics... if u happen to see someone enjoying his shoot wif A95, among the bid guns, in some events most probably the guy is me. Can come over n say hi!

  20. #140
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Discriminations?

    Anyway, my acquaintance used a 300D and he charges $1800 min. I think he bought 20D but still stick to his 300D. Guess old preference die hard.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •