Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1015181920212225 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 529

Thread: Newbie Gathering No 3

  1. #381
    Senior Member wranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    UK | TWN
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Why not? Go take photos of all the crazy people flooding the place and grabbing at the really good and "looks really good" deals

    Or we Nikonians can go see if the new lenses and bodies are out already
    Yo, Bro

    Where is the photo that you own me...

  2. #382
    Senior Member wranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    UK | TWN
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    im interested bro. for ur wedding. but pls hire a proper photographer cos i dun wan u to end up disappointed cos of a noob like me..

    Quote Originally Posted by generalsales View Post
    no worries , there will be main photogrpaher.

    That will be me....

  3. #383
    Senior Member wranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    UK | TWN
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by pangfat View Post
    Canon photomarathon? When and where?
    any web site about this event?

    It on the 20th Oct and the registration is closed.

  4. #384
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    For my copy, downward creeping starts at 35mm ~ 50mm. Take picture at 50mm, review picture, then realise it is now at 135mm...
    tat day the night shot lagi worst. if doing long exposure at tilted angle ( when my cam is mounted on the tripod, i must hold on to the zoom ring of the lens, if not, slowly creep then i will get lines of light liao, haha
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

  5. #385
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by wranger View Post
    Yo, Bro

    Where is the photo that you own me...
    Sorry bro for missing you out. Just sent the photo...

    Sorry for the very very long delay...
    Last edited by Randius; 10th October 2007 at 12:42 AM.

  6. #386
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by IONSOON View Post
    tat day the night shot lagi worst. if doing long exposure at tilted angle ( when my cam is mounted on the tripod, i must hold on to the zoom ring of the lens, if not, slowly creep then i will get lines of light liao, haha
    You know what? That may mean you need to get a taller tripod so you won't to tilt so much

    Won't need to endure the lens creep after December liao

  7. #387
    Member HarishSegar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Won't need to endure the lens creep after December liao
    Buying super glue?

  8. #388
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by HarishSegar View Post
    Buying super glue?
    Good idea. And I will end up with a <choose a single focal length between 18-200>mm VRII DX prime lens

    Nah, will be getting rid of 18-200 and get either 24-70 (most probably) or some prime lenses (still pondering...)

    BTW IONSOON and Harish, you guys want the group photo taken near the Merlion? If so, just PM me
    Last edited by Randius; 10th October 2007 at 11:31 AM.

  9. #389

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by IONSOON View Post
    tat day the night shot lagi worst. if doing long exposure at tilted angle ( when my cam is mounted on the tripod, i must hold on to the zoom ring of the lens, if not, slowly creep then i will get lines of light liao, haha
    dude if your taking long exposure on a tripod then why would you need VR for? just turn it off then no more lense creep! cos its the VR tt causes the creep.

    cheers

  10. #390
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by stupidbloke View Post
    dude if your taking long exposure on a tripod then why would you need VR for? just turn it off then no more lense creep! cos its the VR tt causes the creep.

    cheers
    Pardon me asking but if the VR causes lens creep then shouldn't all samples of 18-200 have lens creep when VR is activated? Some owners reported no lens creep in their copies, VR activated or not.

  11. #391
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,080

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Pardon me asking but if the VR causes lens creep then shouldn't all samples of 18-200 have lens creep when VR is activated? Some owners reported no lens creep in their copies, VR activated or not.
    from what i know,as the front element is heavy,ALL 1-200 will have lens creep.
    can awaly send to NSC to get it fixed.but.i think, the creep will still return.so far mine has not....yet

  12. #392
    Member HarishSegar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Good idea. And I will end up with a <choose a single focal length between 18-200>mm VRII DX prime lens

    Nah, will be getting rid of 18-200 and get either 24-70 (most probably) or some prime lenses (still pondering...)

    BTW IONSOON and Harish, you guys want the group photo taken near the Merlion? If so, just PM me
    Cheaper way to make a prime

    Yes, definitely want the group photo. Will PM my email id.

  13. #393
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by stupidbloke View Post
    dude if your taking long exposure on a tripod then why would you need VR for? just turn it off then no more lense creep! cos its the VR tt causes the creep.

    cheers
    VR and lens creep is a totally different thing altogether. VR= the mechanism that to counter lens shake / handshake, nothing to do wif lens creep

    lens creep occurs becoz of the heavy front element of the lens. thus when the zoom ring is not tight enuff, the lens so call creep. hope u get ur facts right
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

  14. #394

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    it has been quite some time that i post something here...

    Gratz to Melvin and ur wife =D when is ur wedding???

    Oh and 50 ppl for gathering in Sentosa is HELL LOTS OF PPL!!! i will recommend that you guys split into groups if not it will be way too much for melvin to handle you guys =DDD
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

  15. #395
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    a little dot in singapore
    Posts
    1,699

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by JinmingGM View Post
    it has been quite some time that i post something here...

    Gratz to Melvin and ur wife =D when is ur wedding???

    Oh and 50 ppl for gathering in Sentosa is HELL LOTS OF PPL!!! i will recommend that you guys split into groups if not it will be way too much for melvin to handle you guys =DDD
    welcome come back jibming it on the ,17th dec. yup so far it 50 but many is still tbc , so still biz in camp ?

  16. #396
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by JinmingGM View Post
    it has been quite some time that i post something here...

    Gratz to Melvin and ur wife =D when is ur wedding???

    Oh and 50 ppl for gathering in Sentosa is HELL LOTS OF PPL!!! i will recommend that you guys split into groups if not it will be way too much for melvin to handle you guys =DDD
    With most of us being guys, maybe people will ask if there is another beach volley competition again

    Btw, you getting 40D soon?
    Last edited by Randius; 11th October 2007 at 02:05 PM.

  17. #397

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by generalsales View Post
    welcome come back jinming it on the ,17th dec. yup so far it 50 but many is still tbc , so still biz in camp ?
    hmm... nt really tt busy lol... but i will be flying off to aus next monday for oversea ex... 17th is a monday again =( dunno can make it anot also...
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

  18. #398

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    With most of us being guys, maybe people will ask if there is another beach volley competition again

    Btw, you getting 40D soon?
    should be getting it next year bah.. now saving up for it... but from today onwards till coming monday... i will be spending alot on food... cos i will be eating **** food for 12 to 14 days... whahaha...
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

  19. #399
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by JinmingGM View Post
    should be getting it next year bah.. now saving up for it... but from today onwards till coming monday... i will be spending alot on food... cos i will be eating **** food for 12 to 14 days... whahaha...
    good luck for ur trip ah.
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

  20. #400

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 3

    Quote Originally Posted by IONSOON View Post
    good luck for ur trip ah.
    thanks thanks -D
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1015181920212225 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •