Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many stock photo agency you upload

Default Re: How many stock photo agency you upload

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    i submit to two only. what was mention about different sales is different. however as much as i want to cater to the market needs i cant due to limitations like lack of studio equipment blah blah, can rent yes but i've got no income so i got to make use of whatever abstracts or street shots that i can pluck whenever i go shooting and make full use of them as stock photos.

in fact my last trip to sentosa for a street shoot including sunrise my day's shot all of them was submitted to Dreamstime and all were approved. now just hoping they can sell, of which 1 or 2 has made their first sales.
    whatever the limitation is, you have quite a good portfolio at dreamstime. happy shooting
    Come visit my blog

Quote Originally Posted by mohanrek View Post
    But...take a look at this page
    http://www.photographersdirect.com/s...tock_sites.asp
    They denounce all microstock sites... it is the truth. isn't it?
    Frankly speaking, I don't know whether this is true. I have not been a traditional stock photographer before. The entry barrier was sky high, and I don't think I have all the resources and time to become one. For microstock, at least it offers me an opportunity to showcase my photos and get some income from my hobby.

I heard that for traditional stock, you get a few sales a year, with each getting you from a few hundred bucks to a few thousand bucks. For microstock, you get a few bucks, or just tens of cents for each sales, but you have more sales for each photo each day. It was discussed somewhere in the internet that on average it is about a few dollars per photo, for both traditional & micro stock.
    Come visit my blog

I think for newcomer microstock expose your picture to more sales then exclusive site unless You are well known photogs. Advantage of free marketing and cheap publcity for your photos to make your leap forwards to pros.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

I submit to as many sites as possible although there is a trade of between time spent uploading and categorising and the income derived from some of the smaller sites.

An interesting new site is this: http://albumo.com/affiliate-referral/1365/home
    They are offering US$25 to everyone who uploads over 250 images. If you upload over 1000 then they will pay US$0.10 per upload on all images over the initial 1000.

Otherwise for me, my top five are:

Shutterstock
    iStockphoto: http://www.istockphoto.com/phildate
    Dreamstime: http://www.dreamstime.com/res10200
    Fotolia: http://www.fotolia.com/p/3752/partner/3752
    BigStockPhoto: http://www.bigstockphoto.com/?refid=vol4jxUESL

No apologies for the referral links - it's all part of this game!!

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    An interesting new site is this: http://albumo.com/affiliate-referral/1365/home
    They are offering US$25 to everyone who uploads over 250 images. If you upload over 1000 then they will pay US$0.10 per upload on all images over the initial 1000.
    I wouldn't want to rush in to sign up with albumo.com yet.

I searched for a popular subject in it: rose and came up with 2,820 images with the most download files having only 1 download. Similar search in istockphoto yields 3,333 downloads.

They have to show me better results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I wouldn't want to rush in to sign up with albumo.com yet.

I searched for a popular subject in it: rose and came up with 2,820 images with the most download files having only 1 download. Similar search in istockphoto yields 3,333 downloads.

They have to show me better results.
    well i guess since its a new company you can't fault them for that. They still need the exposure mah..every journey begins with the first step (translated from chinese) haha..

that's why their enticing pple to post their photos there with the money rewards as the carrot

They have to start somewhere. They are holding out until there catalog hits 200k and then they will launch. Quite sensibly they are waiting until they have a critical mass of images before launching but from what I have seen of the site, it is user friendly and could do very well. Apparently they have a large budget for marketing too.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    They have to start somewhere. They are holding out until there catalog hits 200k and then they will launch. Quite sensibly they are waiting until they have a critical mass of images before launching but from what I have seen of the site, it is user friendly and could do very well. Apparently they have a large budget for marketing too.
    yeah, even then at 200k its still a small number of photos as compared to the more established companies. what to do, that's life mah if penetrating into market.
    their marketing budget really caters to its contributors eh.

There a article in ST Digital Life on pg18 onthis and CS was mentioned too

Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Just to confirm a few things...
    From what I've read in the thread so far... I can upload the same photo to different microstock sites?

Another qn: If I put a photo on microstock sites, can I still use it in competitions? Or sell to other pple?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Altjira View Post
    WuffRuff,
    first questions, yes, you can upload the same photo to different microstock sites. You still own the copyright

Second questions. Not sure about competitions (depends on the rules of the competition, i guess) also, yes you can sell to other people.
    most compeititions jus say that it can't have won a prize somewhere else.. (otherwise abit no point)

just read the stock agency's rules properly.
    u can sell it exclusively to one agency or not

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12