Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rechargeble Batteries

Default Re: Rechargeble Batteries

I'll think i'll just get the 401. Thanks ppl.
    Sony DSC-H2....its not the power of the camera, its the vision of the photographer....

I'm new here. May I know what is the discharge function used for? Is it necessary? My fuji s6500fd has a battery discharge function but dunno how to use.

discharge function helps to prolong your batt life by fully discharging your batt before giving it a full charge again.
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    discharge function helps to prolong your batt life by fully discharging your batt before giving it a full charge again.
    yeap yeap, though nvr really had an experience wif it, because i usually use it on my sb-800 till its close to nothing or left 25%, the batt usually already "discharged" in a way.

discharge function is said to extent battery life by quite alot, that's assuming yr batt dont get damaged physically while u using it. i have dropped a few batteries from just 1 story and the chemicals get mixed up and the whole batt just boils... gone case.

if yr battery skin starts peeling, its a good indicator to get standby batteries soon
    D50 | Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8!| Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR | SB-800 | Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12