Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did the Civil alarm just sounded?

Default Re: Did the Civil alarm just sounded?

till now I still no sure what the different siren means Not everyone read or watch the news everyday. The older or lower income group dont have time for that ,they just got to work the whole day then reach home too tired liao. I read the straits Time too but every time the siren sound I also dont know what is it for....
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

isn't there suppose to be a public service announcement on the radio when you hear the siren at 12.05pm? that's what i know from the news
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    with so many tests, people will ignore when the real wolf comes.

to ensure every1 goes out into the street in the event of an earthquake, the air force must throw money onto the streets so that people will all rush out to grab the money - not to run for their lives
    'many' is in relative.

So how many times had they tested this year? Twice only right? And announcements were made on TV and news a couple of days prior to testing.

Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    isn't there suppose to be a public service announcement on the radio when you hear the siren at 12.05pm? that's what i know from the news
    Yupz. Basically it just gives sound samples and what one shld do if they hear the sound.

Strangely, I love the sound of the threat siren. My adrendaline level juz rises when I hear the threat siren. Dunno why.

Smile Re: Did the Civil alarm just sounded?

actually, what is the message when asked to tune in to 938?

Smile Re: Did the Civil alarm just sounded?

yes, i wonder what is the message?

Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    'many' is in relative.

So how many times had they tested this year? Twice only right? And announcements were made on TV and news a couple of days prior to testing.
    testing of the public alarm system is carried out every 1st day of the mth at 12pm sharp. this had been going on for the past many yrs. as usual, many of the local populace is still not aware of this - which is normal as far as public education is concered.

a few announcements made over the tv or news is simply insufficient. that's y companies spent millions on advertisements to ensure that a vast majority of the targeted population gets the message n remind the people like the current mercedes commercial on radio. a few appearances in the media is often nothing like mikhail gorbachev's full page ad in the paper a few wks ago for louis vitton bag. how many people noticed this ad?

people also need reminders - how many can still remember the things that the school taught eg: how many can recall E=MC2, Dalton's atomic theory, or the difference between the iron in the metal we used and the iron in our food or calcium in rocks and food

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I tot earth quake.
    earthquake dun need sound alarm.. all u need is SHAKE !

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    earthquake dun need sound alarm.. all u need is SHAKE !
    wow! new "SHAKE" technology ? will our VR and IS systems cancel the "shake"?

wow! new "SHAKE" technology ? will our VR and IS systems cancel the "shake"?
    that is why CNN/BBC reporters can shoot in natural disaster areas.

i know this is kinda of out of point but anyways i was at orchard yesterday and there were fire alarms at cineleisure, taka and paragon. taka was the worst as somehow they shut down the elevators and closed the shutters just beside the escalators so getting from one floor to another was pretty irritating thank goodness i'm not claustrophobic

Wow you very lucky ahh kana 3 fire alarm at 3 different places on 3 different time.....or are you at all the 3 place at the same time
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

testing of the public alarm system is carried out every 1st day of the mth at 12pm sharp. this had been going on for the past many yrs. as usual, many of the local populace is still not aware of this - which is normal as far as public education is concered.

a few announcements made over the tv or news is simply insufficient. that's y companies spent millions on advertisements to ensure that a vast majority of the targeted population gets the message n remind the people like the current mercedes commercial on radio. a few appearances in the media is often nothing like mikhail gorbachev's full page ad in the paper a few wks ago for louis vitton bag. how many people noticed this ad?

people also need reminders - how many can still remember the things that the school taught eg: how many can recall E=MC2, Dalton's atomic theory, or the difference between the iron in the metal we used and the iron in our food or calcium in rocks and food

realli is the testing of the alarm meh???
    all the while i thought the nice music came from the churches/chapels nearby???
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Wow you very lucky ahh kana 3 fire alarm at 3 different places on 3 different time.....or are you at all the 3 place at the same time
    3 places at 3 different times man.. lol..
    E-M5 user and I am lovin' it! E-M5, 12-50Kit, 17mm f 2.8, 25mm f1.4, 60mm macro, 45-175 zoom.

Very ironic lor......

Peaceful times, nothing to do test alarm. Indonesia earthquakes, no alarm.

Will the alarm really save our lives?

Something interesting to read.

Survive Anything
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12