Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Associated costs for a photo

  1. #1

    Default Associated costs for a photo

    Hello everyone,

    I got an email from a guitar manufacturer representative who wants to use a photo I shot during a gig. It isn't a very fantastic shot if you ask me but it does show the guitar and the artiste using it.

    She mentioned associated costs. Can anyone tell me what that means? I'm assuming it's how much it'll cost them to use the photo.
    So the next step would mean that I should have some sort of a contract or terms of agreement, can anyone help me out on this? A rough guide on how much to charge for the photo would be good too.

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: Associated costs for a photo

    This would have to do with what rights of usage the company is requesting. And you charge them accordingly.

    Advertising? Big full res pictures needed for posters and such? or just a small web-based pic? Catalogues?

    Usage for how long? 6 mths? 1 year?

    Oh.. and also how big this company is

    I can't really tell you how much to charge, but as a rule, the more things the company wants to do with your photo, the more you should charge them.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Associated costs for a photo

    Hmmm.. you didn't ask them to give you an offer?
    Shahrul Esa

  4. #4

    Default Re: Associated costs for a photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    This would have to do with what rights of usage the company is requesting. And you charge them accordingly.

    Advertising? Big full res pictures needed for posters and such? or just a small web-based pic? Catalogues?

    Usage for how long? 6 mths? 1 year?

    Oh.. and also how big this company is

    I can't really tell you how much to charge, but as a rule, the more things the company wants to do with your photo, the more you should charge them.
    thanks for the reply.
    i have already emailed back to ask about usage for the photo.
    ah..icic..let see what they want to do with the photo first before deciding on a price.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Associated costs for a photo

    Quote Originally Posted by shahrulesa View Post
    Hmmm.. you didn't ask them to give you an offer?
    i don't think that would be a very good idea..normally they will offer a very low price.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Associated costs for a photo

    Quote Originally Posted by lurgee View Post
    i don't think that would be a very good idea..normally they will offer a very low price.
    You ask for too high, they will ask someone else to do the shoot again.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Associated costs for a photo

    Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    You ask for too high, they will ask someone else to do the shoot again.
    Anyway, impossible to do the shoot again. It was a concert shot.
    So what is a good price range?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: Associated costs for a photo

    Well at least you know your works aren't worth that much. So you can ask for slightly less next time. heh.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Associated costs for a photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Well at least you know your works aren't worth that much. So you can ask for slightly less next time. heh.
    I not yet mention any price yet nor have they offered anything. They want a quote but have not provided me with much details.
    What I want to find out is what's a good price range? I don't want to charge too high nor do I want to be exploited.
    Anyone has this sort of experience before?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,922

    Default Re: Associated costs for a photo

    Heya bro,

    I've PMed you.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Associated costs for a photo

    ummm... hav you asked the artiste for model release?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: Associated costs for a photo

    CYRN: Uh good point! I forgot about that since the focus was on guitar... and guitar manufacturer. Heh.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Associated costs for a photo

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    ummm... hav you asked the artiste for model release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    CYRN: Uh good point! I forgot about that since the focus was on guitar... and guitar manufacturer. Heh.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try to contact the band management about that. But it was the band management who referred the guitar manufacturer to me. I'm still awaiting their reply.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •