Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: 2007 FORMULA 1 Sinopec Chinese Grand Prix. (7 Oct.)

Default Re: 2007 FORMULA 1 Sinopec Chinese Grand Prix. (7 Oct.)

the race itself was quite interesting. as the rain kept playing games, the condition of the track too kept changing. you guys already saw it on tv and nothing much to write about.
    the support for Ferrari was overwhelming. There were banners of "Kimi, you will never walk alone" and "No Schumi, no F1". Everytime a Ferrari would pass by, there would be a big huge cheer. And when we saw Hamilton in the gravel next to the pit lane on the gaint screen in front of us, the roar was deafening.
    It was a great experience. I did get on to the track after the race was over, just to feel the tarmac. The atmosphere was simply superb. It was like a carnival out there. Fans kneeling on the ground at P1 and taking photos, strangers wearing Ferrari colors giving high fives to each other. Some drunk Ang Mohs screaming "Kimi Kimi. Jia you. Jia you". The rain definitely didn't dampen the spirits of Ferrari supporters.

I definitely want to go back next year.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    nice banner bro. in fact, you should've bolded the word "Singapore". i was trying to lookout for the banner during the race... but looks like it wasn't given any air-time.

anyway, for Ferrari
    mohgui,
    The full text was "F1 FANS FROM SINGAPORE".
    Actually the next day, I bolded the words. And added some of our names. For those guys out there whose names I've missed out, please accept my sincere apologies.
    Since it was raining and I had only one rain cover for my camera + 100-400mm lens, I couldn't take any photos of the updated banner with my other camera. My friend did shoot a few snaps with a Canon IXUS. Once I get those photos, I will post them here. You can then see whose names were on it
    If you want, I can shoot a picture of the banner tomorrow and post it here.

I was at B5 grandstand and tied the banner above the staircase. I don't think any of the cameras would've picked it out. If it did, I too would come in the frame

When the Kimi - Hamilton battle was going in (1-2 laps before Hamilton crashed), a Williams (think it was Nico Rosberg) went off the track at the end of the start straight and did a run on the gravel right in front of us. If the camera would've picked up that Williams doing the run in gravel, we might just be able to see this banner.

this was the Williams. I was busy shooting Kimi and Hamilton's duel at the 1st corner, when I heard my friend scream "Look there. A car in the gravel !!!". As I turned to shoot, someone stood up in front of me and covered half the frame

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Everytime a Ferrari would pass by, there would be a big huge cheer. And when we saw Hamilton in the gravel next to the pit lane on the gaint screen in front of us, the roar was deafening.

strangers wearing Ferrari colors giving high fives to each other. Some drunk Ang Mohs screaming "Kimi Kimi. Jia you. Jia you". The rain definitely didn't dampen the spirits of Ferrari supporters.

I definitely want to go back next year.
    I feel you bro! The emotional support is infectious, and is an electric atmosphere to be in. Trust you had a total blast!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567