Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: New discovery about cancer

  1. #1

    Default New discovery about cancer


  2. #2
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Another fruit worth eating for it's cancer fighting properties is Mangosteen.

    ../azul123

  3. #3

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Another fruit worth eating for it's cancer fighting properties is Mangosteen.

    ../azul123
    If I recall correctly, the majority of that active ingredient resides in the skin/husk, and not the sweet juicy edible part of the mangosteen.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by kiat View Post
    If I recall correctly, the majority of that active ingredient resides in the skin/husk, and not the sweet juicy edible part of the mangosteen.
    so now is a wasteful period of transition... everybody eat the skin, throw the meat...

    seriously... sometimes the more i read about preventing cancer, the more i think its marketing gimmics about throwing aways dead stocks...

    like for eg Company A sell chicken wings, then need to buy whole chicken to get 2 wings... then setup sell chicken thigh also... but the chicken backside nobody want... so pay some researcher say chicken backside can cure cancer... so next moment, everybody buy chicken backside until no stock...

    its fear acting upon these people that makes marketing so successful.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #5

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    so now is a wasteful period of transition... everybody eat the skin, throw the meat...
    But the skin is really sour and siap siap, so how to eat? So when they need to extract that active ingredient and make it into juice form, they have to add other juices to neutralise the sour taste of the skin.

  6. #6
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    like for eg Company A sell chicken wings, then need to buy whole chicken to get 2 wings... then setup sell chicken thigh also... but the chicken backside nobody want... so pay some researcher say chicken backside can cure cancer... so next moment, everybody buy chicken backside until no stock...
    ..so they start making something call chicken essence..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  7. #7
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by kiat View Post
    If I recall correctly, the majority of that active ingredient resides in the skin/husk, and not the sweet juicy edible part of the mangosteen.
    i tot its kiwi..and not mangosteen?

    Quote Originally Posted by kiat View Post
    But the skin is really sour and siap siap, so how to eat? So when they need to extract that active ingredient and make it into juice form, they have to add other juices to neutralise the sour taste of the skin.
    some chinese medicine/cooking uses dried orange peels..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    ..so they start making something call chicken essence..
    essence of the chicken backside...

    then the head part become cork chowder?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #9

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    what is Tangerine ??

  10. #10

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    i tot its kiwi..and not mangosteen?



    some chinese medicine/cooking uses dried orange peels..
    Perhaps the orange peel is a complement to the whole medicine whereas for this, it is the only ingredient. Too yucky to eat on its own.

  11. #11

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    what is Tangerine ??
    tangerine is another variety of mandarin orange. mandarin orange is less sour and has easily separable segments than the normal orange. check wiki for more details.

  12. #12

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    tangerine is another variety of mandarin orange. mandarin orange is less sour and has easily separable segments than the normal orange. check wiki for more details.
    wiki say is sour, but last time i ate not sour....................i know what is wiki.........i checked before i post......

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    wiki say is sour, but last time i ate not sour....................i know what is wiki.........i checked before i post......
    wiki is a bunch of grapes...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    essence of the chicken backside...

    then the head part become cork chowder?

  15. #15

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    wiki say is sour, but last time i ate not sour....................i know what is wiki.........i checked before i post......
    it means u like mandarin oranges. sour then becomes tangy and then becomes "sweet" many people like "bitter" durians, bitter gourds and bitter chocolates. anyway taste is v subjective - one man's meat is another man's poison

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    it means u like mandarin oranges. sour then becomes tangy and then becomes "sweet" many people like "bitter" durians, bitter gourds and bitter chocolates. anyway taste is v subjective - one man's meat is another man's poison
    one man's grape is let another man's grope...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: New discovery about cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    one man's grape is let another man's grope...
    this sounds so sala

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •