Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Palm introduces 2 new handhelds

keraptis
    Guests

Originally posted by Wai
    seriously....the PPC so small...can hit the head so easily meh?

i tot only in movie will see that...

imagine if u are holding a 10D + 70-200....will u throw at the robber?
    PPC small then easy to aim and throw mah....

10D + 70-200 is easily more than 1KG.... hit ur head confirm mati siaz.....

both ... WMA and WMV ...

have you ever try to play over 150mb of video WMV ? it is pretty slow leh

keraptis
    Guests

Originally posted by oceanxp
    both ... WMA and WMV ...

have you ever try to play over 150mb of video WMV ? it is pretty slow leh
    WMP doesn't have cache enabled.... that's why big files as such will be very very slow.... u have to try those software which can enable caching... then it'll yield better performance in playing such big files

Originally posted by keraptis
    PPC small then easy to aim and throw mah....

10D + 70-200 is easily more than 1KG.... hit ur head confirm mati siaz.....

no lah ... doesn;t work like that ..

if your gf's bag is stolen, throw 10D + 70 ++

if your wife's bag is stolen, throw PPC can already ..

if your wife ( > 10 years ) , just call the police

WMP doesn't have cache enabled.... that's why big files as such will be very very slow.... u have to try those software which can enable caching... then it'll yield better performance in playing such big files
    does your battery last very long ? or you often have to charge ?

how is the new rom ??

keraptis
    Guests

no lah ... doesn;t work like that ..

if your gf's bag is stolen, throw 10D + 70 ++

if your wife's bag is stolen, throw PPC can already ..

if your wife ( > 10 years ) , just call the police

wife > 20 yrs.... throw her at the robber :P

Pocket Tv enterprise
    yup.. got to agree
    i still think the Divx Player is still the best...
    have been ripping my anime VCDs to watch when i travel around.

with WMP, cant do much compression. file still turns out to be quite large.

keraptis
    Guests

does your battery last very long ? or you often have to charge ?

how is the new rom ??
    mine can last quite long.... but of cos not 5hrs of continous BT or WiFi activities that is....

the new ROM just improve minor stuff... oni big difference is the utility that i've mentioned earlier... it improves the CPU utilization of that utility thus u dont find ur ipaq5450 having sluggishness tat often when using with CF+

Originally posted by Hobbes234
    yup.. got to agree
    i still think the Divx Player is still the best...
    have been ripping my anime VCDs to watch when i travel around.

with WMP, cant do much compression. file still turns out to be quite large.
    if i am correct, divx need some API file on your IPAQ ..

mine can last quite long.... but of cos not 5hrs of continous BT or WiFi activities that is....

the new ROM just improve minor stuff... oni big difference is the utility that i've mentioned earlier... it improves the CPU utilization of that utility thus u dont find ur ipaq5450 having sluggishness tat often when using with CF+
    i think the ROM doesn't patch IE ... last time i can go to singnet webmail on IPAQ ( HP3850 ) .. now cannot already using 5450 ...

think TC and zire 71 are getting closer to PPC

Tungsten C
    The Tungsten C is Palms most powerful handheld computer to date, with built-in high-speed 802.11b wireless.

The Tungsten C runs Palm OS 5.2.1 and runs on 400mhz Intel Scale PXA255 Processor. The display is a 16-Bit, 320x320 bright transflective TFT color display, which supports more than 65,000 colors. It includes 64MB of internal memory (51MB is user accessible), the most memory for a Palm OS handheld. It also features dual expansion with the Palm Universal connector and a Secure Digital (SD/SDIO/MMC) expansion slot.

The Tungsten C also has an Integrated Thumb-Size Keyboard as well as on screen Graffiti2 for data input. The Palm 5-way navigator also facilitates one-handed operation.

Its dimensions are 4.8" x 3.07" x .65". (122 x 78 x 16.5 mm), and weighs 6.3 oz (178 g). The Tungsten C uses a 2.5mm headphone plug for audio out and a rear mono speaker. There is also Vibration, Audio and LED Notification for alarms.

It is powered by a fixed 1500mAh Rechargeable Lithium Ion/Polymer battery. Which Palm says will provide a full work day of consistent Wi-Fi connectivity, or a full work week of normal handheld use.

Zire 71
    Bringing multimedia capabilities to its Zire product family, Palm, today introduced the Zire 71 handheld with a built-in digital camera and Palm's sharpest high-resolution color screen to date.

Zire 71 Features
    The Zire 71 runs Palm OS 5.2.1 and uses a 144MHz Texas Instruments OMAP310 (ARM) processor. The display is a 16-Bit, 320x320 bright transflective TFT color display, which supports more than 65,000 colors. It includes 16MB of internal memory (13MB is user accessible). It also features dual expansion with the Palm Universal connector and a Secure Digital (SD/SDIO/MMC) expansion slot. Palm has also incorporated a joystick like 5-way navigation button for one-handed use.

Its dimensions closed are 4.5 in. x 2.9 in. x 0.67 in. (114 x 74 x 17 mm), and weighs 5.3 oz (150 g). The Zire 71 has a standard 3.5mm stereo headphone plug for audio out and a rear mono speaker. The Zire 71 is powered by a 900mAh rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123