Thread: Surreal

Default Surreal

Hi all, one of my first attempts at soft focusing. Picture was taken almost when there was no more light in the evening and with an AI-S 50mm f/1.4 lens. How do you think this technique worked in giving the image a surreal look? Any other ways to compose this picture that would have made it even more effective?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by eikin; 14th September 2007 at 09:13 AM. Reason: correct image link

Default Re: Surreal

i feel the flower is too small and too insignificant in the picture. though being the only subject in the frame, the empty space became the large distraction that i am looking at nothing.

perhaps the colours can be livened abit to give it a too-real-to be true colour. but of course there are different ways to interprete surreality.

as for the soft focusing i think its alright, more attention to the flower mainly yupyup

You have cropped it or composed it way to close to the corner for my liking. Also mentioned, your main subject is too small to draw viewers attention
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

think the subject is too small in proportion to the image. unless you plan to use it as a background with text or image on the left half?

Yeah, subject is too small, too difficult to draw attention.

Surreal... depends on what surreal youre looking for.
    Personally, I think make the photo livelier, more colourful would do it, but thats just me.

Hmm soft-focusing was good, I suppose. Heh.
    I'll see you on the Dark side of the Moon...
    flickr.com/photos/junyi-/