Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

  1. #1
    Member sprewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Serangoon Central
    Posts
    1,723

    Default Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    Hello,

    I just bought a DB-036 a few days back.

    I understand that the idea configuration for the cabinet is 40-50% moisture and maintain at room temperature.

    However, i realised that while my hygrometer is working fine, the temperature of my cabinet maintains at 30 degrees.

    Is there something wrong with the cabinet or is there something wrong with the way i configured the device?

    Thank you very much. Really appreciate your advices.
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    Mine's a DB-036 too, and so long the inside knob is turned to about 12o'clock, it should give the recommended setting, about 45%.

    The temperature, however, is sometimes affected by the ambient temperature. Mine's at 29 deg C, sometimes hitting 30 deg. If yours is placed near a wall, it may increase the flucuations. But so long it doesn't reach toaster temperatures, it's fine!
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LA 2019
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    there is nothing wrong.

  4. #4
    Member sprewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Serangoon Central
    Posts
    1,723

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    Quote Originally Posted by Six-GHz View Post
    Mine's a DB-036 too, and so long the inside knob is turned to about 12o'clock, it should give the recommended setting, about 45%.

    The temperature, however, is sometimes affected by the ambient temperature. Mine's at 29 deg C, sometimes hitting 30 deg. If yours is placed near a wall, it may increase the flucuations. But so long it doesn't reach toaster temperatures, it's fine!
    My dial in the cabinet is turned to 5 o'clock...
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    2,046

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    Quote Originally Posted by sprewell View Post
    However, i realised that while my hygrometer is working fine, the temperature of my cabinet maintains at 30 degrees.
    er... you bought a dry cabinet, not a fridge.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    Mine is at 48%, 29 deg C. Setting at about 12 O Clock. It depends on how much empty space there is in the cabinet. More Equipment = Less air to dehumidify
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  7. #7
    Member sprewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Serangoon Central
    Posts
    1,723

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    Quote Originally Posted by schon View Post
    er... you bought a dry cabinet, not a fridge.
    Dry cabinets are suppose to be maintained at room temperature. I personally feel that 30 deg is somewhat off the range of room temperature. That's my primary concern.
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

  8. #8

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    Quote Originally Posted by sprewell View Post
    My dial in the cabinet is turned to 5 o'clock...
    5 o'clock to get 40-50% humidity? Better check your cabinet, must be leaking somewhere!
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    Maybe you can do a "reset" to the dial by turning it all the way to the right then back down to the left.

    Then, turn the dial up to what the people had shared, at 12 o'clock position.

    Give it 1-2 days to stablise the humidity inside the cabinet and fine tune it to your desire.

  10. #10
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    mine was set to 9 O'Clock position..RH at 42%-48%, Temperature at 27C-29C..

    Try to shift the cabi out a little away from the wall..if u notice, the dehumidifier is actually a bit warm when in operation..u must let the heat to be dissipated into the room and not transfer back to the cabinet..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    Is it necessary to keep the dry cabinet on for 24 hours everyday?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    Quote Originally Posted by sprewell View Post
    Dry cabinets are suppose to be maintained at room temperature. I personally feel that 30 deg is somewhat off the range of room temperature. That's my primary concern.
    The temperature follows ur room. If u want it cooler, install an aircon for ur room!!!

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    Quote Originally Posted by dndnd View Post
    Is it necessary to keep the dry cabinet on for 24 hours everyday?
    Yup. They are meant to be low-powered devices.

  14. #14
    Member sprewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Serangoon Central
    Posts
    1,723

    Default Re: Help needed for Digi-Cabi DB-036L!

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza View Post
    The temperature follows ur room. If u want it cooler, install an aircon for ur room!!!
    Noted with thanks!

    Sadly, my room is freaking hot and humid. So i suppose that at least i am able to protect my cam from the moisture with the dry cabinet ya?
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •