Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 45 of 45

Thread: How to produce super clear & sharp pictures?

  1. #41

    Default Re: How to produce super clear & sharp pictures?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    PSed...
    hmm...how to PS to give the dreamy look? Must a Soft focus lens/filter be used? Thanks

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: How to produce super clear & sharp pictures?

    Quote Originally Posted by artofshuenalogy View Post
    hmm...how to PS to give the dreamy look? Must a Soft focus lens/filter be used? Thanks
    i see a digger...

    PS

    simplest method, use lasso, feather, then gaussian blur
    simpler method, use vector, select lasso, feather then gaussian blur

    non PS method

    simple method, use a soft filter to shoot, hope for the best, and dun expect the face to be sharp.

    non PS richie method

    expensive method, buy a 50mm/85mm/135mm f1.2/1.4/f1.8 lens, and shoot, use on full frame body for maximum benefit. If in doubt, pass lens and body to me, i help you shoot.

    *Terms and Conditions Apply.*
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #43

    Default Re: How to produce super clear & sharp pictures?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i see a digger...

    PS

    simplest method, use lasso, feather, then gaussian blur
    simpler method, use vector, select lasso, feather then gaussian blur

    non PS method

    simple method, use a soft filter to shoot, hope for the best, and dun expect the face to be sharp.

    non PS richie method

    expensive method, buy a 50mm/85mm/135mm f1.2/1.4/f1.8 lens, and shoot, use on full frame body for maximum benefit. If in doubt, pass lens and body to me, i help you shoot.

    *Terms and Conditions Apply.*
    Hmm...just interested in learning. Besides, it's good to try different styles too i guess. Thanks for the info.

  4. #44
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: How to produce super clear & sharp pictures?

    use Hoya, fog plus dato, stack together, can give you a super dreamy look.

    another cheaper alternative, apply Vaseline on a UV filter (trick from the 60's)

    or get a pantyhose cover your lens (trick from the 70's)
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #45

    Default Re: How to produce super clear & sharp pictures?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    use Hoya, fog plus dato, stack together, can give you a super dreamy look.

    another cheaper alternative, apply Vaseline on a UV filter (trick from the 60's)

    or get a pantyhose cover your lens (trick from the 70's)

    Free alternative:
    I used to breathe on the filter to create a temporary 'hazy' look. (trick from the 80's?)
    But due to the moist, not sure if doing it too often will "invite' fungus or not though. I used it with my pns camera back then. Hehe...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •