Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Inconsideration

Originally posted by sehsuan
    nitrotech, not funny leh.

i'm freaking worried about having it, then spreading it to my students - if that happens, CONFIRMED i one time jialat jialat...
    eh, if you are FREAKING worried and want to be a NICE person then stop FREAKING whining and QUARANTINE YOURSELF!!

STOP seeking attention

Wink ...

Originally posted by NitroTech
    eh, if you are FREAKING worried and want to be a NICE person then stop FREAKING whining and QUARANTINE YOURSELF!!

STOP seeking attention
    wah...tough cookie...

Deregistered

STOP seeking attention
    nitrotech, let me highlight to you that i'm am not *whining*. to be "qualified" for quarantine without the HQO, you have to get a super-long-duration MC. i visited my GP yesterday evening at about 7+pm, my temperature felt fine - and he told me i'm alright to go to school today. but with my exposure to two of the media-listed places, compounded with my fluctuating temperatures over the last two days, i feel that your words are a tad too harsh.

what's more - only 2 hours after i visited him, my temperature went up to 38.1 degrees celsius. i'm not worried so much about myself, but rather about my students. i handle a total of 5 classes, each at least of 35 students. that's a total of 175 students. and that's excluding the staff in my school. NOW you see what i mean?

nitrotech, let me highlight to you that i'm am not *whining*. to be "qualified" for quarantine without the HQO, you have to get a super-long-duration MC. i visited my GP yesterday evening at about 7+pm, my temperature felt fine - and he told me i'm alright to go to school today. but with my exposure to two of the media-listed places, compounded with my fluctuating temperatures over the last two days, i feel that your words are a tad too harsh.

what's more - only 2 hours after i visited him, my temperature went up to 38.1 degrees celsius. i'm not worried so much about myself, but rather about my students. i handle a total of 5 classes, each at least of 35 students. that's a total of 175 students. and that's excluding the staff in my school. NOW you see what i mean?

ok ok.... now we can see that you are concerned about your students..... can you do anything about it then?

Originally posted by serendipity

I am a neutral party. So will access different situation before deciding are they inconsiderate or not. Don't forget they are not proven SARS carrier yet. And if they can be "lockup" and provided with all daily needs, why not, might be good to them too. But this is not the case. They still need to eat. Don't forget that. For those who don't have such limitation, and still walk around, then it will be a different story.
    Hi Serendipity

I think those we called inconsiderate were the ones who wilfully flouted the home quarantine imposed on them.

Serendipity

Whatever their reasons maybe would not mitigate their actions as the fact of the matter is that they were specifically told not to go out & I believe that they were warned that the virus can be passed on & everyone (educated or not) would know by now that others have DIED from it.
    Last edited by lavenderlilz; 25th April 2003 at 03:09 PM.

Deregistered

ok ok.... now we can see that you are concerned about your students..... can you do anything about it then?
    frankly, almost nothing. sigh.

i've contacted the respective departments of which i'm seconded to, but in the end? still no mc to cover my absence from school

it's a deep fix - want to stay away from school because i don't feel right, need mc. somemore my mc only covers yesterday, not today. so worse thing is the GP i saw last night will only be back tomorrow night, so what to do? no mc, nothing... but cannot also see GP daily, 20 dollars a time is a lot already... worse thing is kenna do the "doctor-hopping" also...

headache man... no one really can diagnose a case other than TTSH - because only they can do the diagnostics, not GPs... want to go TTSH to check up last night, but was told to go to GP when i asked over the MOH Helpline...

ARGH! push left push right... damned confusing...

Default hmm.....

see GP daily, 20 dollars a time is a lot already... worse thing is kenna do the "doctor-hopping" also...

aiyah pls lah....$20 is nothing compared to the amount you spend on photography equipment. Besides, isn't the safety of your students of high importance????? Civil servants shouldn't complain about spending money on medical bill....afterall, we are the ones who are having a stable income. Imagine the taxi drivers???? etc. besides, i feel that your HODs should be more humane than being lackeys of MOE...they should access the situation and grant you the neccessary leave during this period of SARS. Otherwise, the consequent result will be more than mere $20!!!!
    Good luck! Get well soon!

Deregistered

nah, meant that in another way, swimcraze

i know of the possible consequences of "what if i have" it - a little experience and knowledge of networking will show up a very vivid picture.

instead, what i was trying to imply is,
    if the doctor certifies me ok (he did, yesterday evening) and covers me only for one day's mc, exactly what happened earlier this monday and thursday, and i'm consequently trying to figure out where and whom to contact regarding the red tape (ok, not really, just the you-absent-must-have-mc thing) and gosh, all these are tiring me out. :P

fortunately, i have finally gotten hold of the appropriate persons to inform regarding my case. PHEW!

thanks for the concern!

Wink

Deregistered

went to TTSH this morning during the wee hours, i was diagnosed with viral fever, but not the SARS variety.

i'm thankful to be alive!

went to TTSH this morning during the wee hours, i was diagnosed with viral fever, but not the SARS variety.

stay at home for 10 days !!

Deregistered

no la, ocean. i was advised to use the mc for today and tomorrow to rest well, and plus 1st May too, then see how i feel then.

viral fever, according to the doctor, can last two weeks, so that's probably one more week of HELL....

no la, ocean. i was advised to use the mc for today and tomorrow to rest well, and plus 1st May too, then see how i feel then.

viral fever, according to the doctor, can last two weeks, so that's probably one more week of HELL....

My gf recovered after a week of VF... so nothing to worry about!! But careful..... you could get Viral rash.... ugly!!!

Taxi Driver went to Changi Hospital on 15th April and was diagnosed with VIRAL FEVER. But 4 days later he collapsed and died and post mortem showed coronavirus in his lungs........ So be careful mate!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345