Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tokyo + hokkaido, where to book?

Default tokyo + hokkaido, where to book?

anyone know where i can get a tour package for both tokyo and hokkaido? tried asking around but most only have tokyo or hokkaido.. i wish to go hokkaido, but also want to go disneyland and universal studios if possible

Default Re: tokyo + hokkaido, where to book?

free and easy.

Locations you specified probably cater to differing market....Tokyo-Osaka with Disney and Universal appeals to those with children, Hokkaido may be catering towards more matured tourists...anyway would be going to Tokyo Osaka in November with my kids....

it';s tought to free adn easy in japan when 99% don't speak english, and food is so expensive//

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    free and easy.

i ever went before, with diner's club travels.. but i think they discountinued the package..i don't want to go tokyo.. only because all city, a bit monotonous i like hokkaido but also want to go disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    Locations you specified probably cater to differing market....Tokyo-Osaka with Disney and Universal appeals to those with children, Hokkaido may be catering towards more matured tourists...anyway would be going to Tokyo Osaka in November with my kids....

how abt u combine a package tour in hokkaido with free n easy in tokyo, ask for the language issue , u can use the camera to take photos of wat u need n seek out assistance.

my lady friends when to tokyo with no japan knowledge n survive for 3 days,
    they took photos of
    where they stay
    which stations they need to go
    where they want to go
    n wat food they would like to eat.

Smile Re: tokyo + hokkaido, where to book?

try creative tours at hong leong building.(if they are still there)

Quote Originally Posted by jeryltan View Post
    anyone know where i can get a tour package for both tokyo and hokkaido? tried asking around but most only have tokyo or hokkaido.. i wish to go hokkaido, but also want to go disneyland and universal studios if possible
    Try to see if you can book a hokkaido with return flight extension + a tokyo/osaka land tour package. Try CTC. I've got good experience with them for my Tokyo/Osaka tour. However, my experience with Chan Bros for Hokkaido was quite terrible. Don't think I'll ever book another package with Chan Bros again unless I have no other choices. I will also try not to book with other agencies who are only resellers.

I have been there on May07.
    I booked with CTC and then with extension stays in Tokyo for 4 night. I booked and stayed in shinjuku washington through asiatravel.com

Shinjuku is a busy and exciting area, where there lot of electronics stuff there...most importantly, I bought my 70-300VR there @ MapCamera.
    #Captured Moments# @ Flickr
    D80|18-135mm|70-300mmVR|SB-800

it';s tought to free adn easy in japan when 99% don't speak english, and food is so expensive//
    I don't find food to be expensive in Tokyo, it's all a matter of knowing where to eat. Language is also not a problem, if you can read chinese, you will be fine. If you need to talk to the people there, most of them will understand you to a degree if you articulate properly i.e. slowly and clearly.

some1 gave me a kang tau.. will check it out worse coem to worse will take a package and extend on my own

Quote Originally Posted by Chiang View Post
    how abt u combine a package tour in hokkaido with free n easy in tokyo, ask for the language issue , u can use the camera to take photos of wat u need n seek out assistance.

my lady friends when to tokyo with no japan knowledge n survive for 3 days,
    they took photos of
    where they stay
    which stations they need to go
    where they want to go
    n wat food they would like to eat.

tks bro.. will check it out..

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    try creative tours at hong leong building.(if they are still there)

tks bro.. will check them out

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Try to see if you can book a hokkaido with return flight extension + a tokyo/osaka land tour package. Try CTC. I've got good experience with them for my Tokyo/Osaka tour. However, my experience with Chan Bros for Hokkaido was quite terrible. Don't think I'll ever book another package with Chan Bros again unless I have no other choices. I will also try not to book with other agencies who are only resellers.

tks bro.. will check out ctc

Quote Originally Posted by eagletay View Post
    I have been there on May07.
    I booked with CTC and then with extension stays in Tokyo for 4 night. I booked and stayed in shinjuku washington through asiatravel.com

Shinjuku is a busy and exciting area, where there lot of electronics stuff there...most importantly, I bought my 70-300VR there @ MapCamera.

my chinese is 1 piece 1 piece

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    I don't find food to be expensive in Tokyo, it's all a matter of knowing where to eat. Language is also not a problem, if you can read chinese, you will be fine. If you need to talk to the people there, most of them will understand you to a degree if you articulate properly i.e. slowly and clearly.

you can book a travel package to tokyo and get your singapore travel agent to arrange transfer you to hokkaido to join either another of their singapore incoming hokkaido group or with whatever tour group itinerary the hokkaido agent can put you on. if the latter, request for english speaking guide and most likely you will join one with westerners.

since you mentioned your kids are going, i would suggest hokkaido than tokyo to end the trip with disneyland memories.

have a nice trip.
    Last edited by jfoo; 12th September 2007 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post

since you mentioned your kids are going, i would suggest hokkaido than tokyo to end the trip with disneyland memories.

have a nice trip.
    oh yes this is a good plan , dun ever go to tour packages with the first day at japan going to either theme parks , i went thru such processs, bad sleep in the flight + all the rides, gave me a headache that only recover on the 4th day in japan.

to me it was pure torture

tks for the tip.. will explroe that option btw, i don't have kids yet, i got to find a wife 1st i am trhe kid who wants to go disneyland

you can book a travel package to tokyo and get your singapore travel agent to arrange transfer you to hokkaido to join either another of their singapore incoming hokkaido group or with whatever tour group itinerary the hokkaido agent can put you on. if the latter, request for english speaking guide and most likely you will join one with westerners.

have a nice trip.

tks for the tip.. will explroe that option btw, i don't have kids yet, i got to find a wife 1st i am trhe kid who wants to go disneyland
    haha, my bad!

no worries

haha, my bad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast