Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the stupid things that you might done... (Photography Related only)

Default Re: What are the stupid things that you might done... (Photography Related only)

this happened years ago before digital cam was ard...

my fren brought a camera and was snapping away throughout the whole day...then when he wanted check how many exposures he had left in his camera..he realised there was NONE!! we all laughed hard at him =P

Default Re: What are the stupid things that you might done... (Photography Related only)

ask the model to shoot me with my DSLR.

come to think of it....

does dropping the external flash (because it wasn't mounted properly) and smashing it (not exactly lah, the batteries just fell out) in front of the President while shooting him count?

wow... during NDP?
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

It must be formatting a full CF card of shots for the next day when I haven't even off loaded the pics. Now, I never format the card till just before the first shot of the day.
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

Quote Originally Posted by victorianmedia View Post
    Therefore, using a $700 vaccum cleaner to suck dust out actually helps. =)
    tot of that too, does it really help ?

everyone was shooting miss singapore, i was also shooting.
    then i passed the cam to a guy next to me.
    i ran next to miss singapore for the guy to shoot me.
    the rest of the photographers lower their guns and looked at me !!!
    the flash firing stopped
    the shutter sound stopped
    silence
    haha

There was once i brought my camera and tripod out to shoot nightshot. Realize that i left the quick release plate at home when i reach the location. End up going for supper.....

Well not really equipment related... But I was with a friend shooting at Kranji War Memorial. It started raining and we took shelter in the main structure right on top of the hill. Realised when we walked back to the gate we were literally locked in... The fence was a little too high to climb ourselves...luckily there was one of those big plastic disposal units that could roll, we pushed it next to the fence and managed to climb out... Lucky it wasn't too dark yet or else would have been stuck there the whole night

This happened to a diving friend.
    Forgotten to take out the lens cover before placing the camera inside the U/W housing, then went diving but cannot take picture the entire dive :-)

Another friend was reviewing beautiful photos on the camera while the battery sign was showing "going flat", ignored it & happily was deleting the sound saved on one picture or short movie clip when the battery gone totally flat. When we reached the hotel & changed to fresh batteries, all the photos on the memory cards were lost. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by fadzuli View Post
    this happened years ago before digital cam was ard...

my fren brought a camera and was snapping away throughout the whole day...then when he wanted check how many exposures he had left in his camera..he realised there was NONE!! we all laughed hard at him =P
    I also met friends with this type of situations before digital cameras!
    Especially after the whole party has ended. Haha!

Using a yellow filter when shooting with slide film as i normally shoot with b/w film, forgot that i had put in a roll of slide film during previous shoot ....

All become yellow yellow dirty fellows.....
    Last edited by Ah_Seng; 12th September 2007 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patryk View Post
    Well not really equipment related... But I was with a friend shooting at Kranji War Memorial. It started raining and we took shelter in the main structure right on top of the hill. Realised when we walked back to the gate we were literally locked in... The fence was a little too high to climb ourselves...luckily there was one of those big plastic disposal units that could roll, we pushed it next to the fence and managed to climb out... Lucky it wasn't too dark yet or else would have been stuck there the whole night
    I got stuck at an abandoned house cos of torrential rain, lightning + thunder, which caused the house to rain indoors too (leaky ceiling). With a friend. Literally had to use umbrella to move about inside. Perfect mood for ghost movie? Then finally rain stopped. We decided to carry on shooting. Then after a while rain again. And after abt 1 hour it finally stopped and we made a dash for civillisation.

Then started to drizzle again suddenly, so we hid at a shack in the compound. But it turned into torrential rain again. So we were trapped once again. Luckily I had ponchos. Then, at the slightest sign of rain getting lighter, we made a dash to civilisation again. Rain continued very heavily. Finally reached the bus stop, with pants wet.

People were looking, we were like 2 idiots running in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    I also met friends with this type of situations before digital cameras!
    Especially after the whole party has ended. Haha!
    Some people do that on society outings.. They just wanted to show off their equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    wow... during NDP?
    nope. during my school event.

Quote Originally Posted by philipcs View Post
    As a photographer, lets share what are the stupid things you might or have done so far
    Opening the camera back before rewinding the film.

body: check.
    lenses: check.
    flash: check.
    Battery for body: MISSING!

lucky it was a normal shootout. =)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    I experience something similar.

Shooting 36 exposures with the film canister loaded. But without the film being fed.

During the old days... when using the film... I did not load the film and was happily shooting until I discover that...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    Ha... same... I had done it before

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast