Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the stupid things that you might done... (Photography Related only)

Default What are the stupid things that you might done... (Photography Related only)

As a photographer, lets share what are the stupid things you might or have done so far

Lets keep this thread roll...

1. Leaving the ISO set to 1600 when you are shooting in bright daylight

2. Arriving at your location and found out you didn't bring memory card or film

3. Not using tripod for slow shutter speeds and then discovering all your photos are blurred

4. Putting a filter in your jacket pocket, taking the jacket off and then sitting on it

5. Picking up your camera bag when it's not zipped up and the contents drop out

6. Forget to charge your batteries and only found out after you have leaved home

7. Failing in the river, lake, sea when you are carrying your camera bag which all your gears are in

8. Turning up to photograph an event the day AFTER the event (is it possible? hehe)

Default Re: What are the stupid things that you might done... (Photography Related only)

i brought everything except batteries.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 11th September 2007 at 01:50 PM.

Default Re: What are the stupid things that you might done... (Photography Related only)

i have done the first one so far..that was a big mistake, found out pple wanted that photo and i had to go down and retake..lol

i've got the worse case scenario i know but not by me. was attending my school's bash at st james powerhouse, was told by my friend who was one of the contestant, that one of the school official photographer forgot to bring his camera..

how can that happen LOLLL

i got another one.

tried to use the blower to blow away the dust on my mirror (before sensor). suddenly the tube of the blower came out and hit the mirror (luckily not yet mirror up) due to the blower too old and tube wasn't intact with the pump anymore.

This mistake cost my RM100 to replace the viewfinder mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by philipcs View Post
    i got another one.

tried to use the blower to blow away the dust on my mirror (before sensor). suddenly the tube of the blower came out and hit the mirror (luckily not yet mirror up) due to the blower too old and tube wasn't intact with the pump anymore.

This mistake cost my RM100 to replace the viewfinder mirror.
    LOL! blow so hard! but i think its not recommended to blow the sensor if i am not wrong. actually blows more dust in

Went on Birding trip... happened last saturday

Reached location, took ot equipment to setup.

Tripod- ok
    Body - ok got 2
    Batteries - have 2 for each body
    CF cards - have 5 pieces, total 19 Gb
    Lens - ok, hv my 500mm and 70-200mm
    TC - ok
    Flash and accessories - all ok, flash bracket and off-shoe cord

Heck.. where is my Gimbal head...

Worst of all, the rare common King fisher is in sight now.

vince123123
    Guests

Lol I did that before Lucky i got my quantum battery pack to feed on.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    i brought everything except batteries.

I went for a model shoot but forgot to put the camera in the camera bag.

So I ended up having lunch with the model and afterwards that we went to a movie. And after the movie we went to esplanade to look at the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

So I ended up having lunch with the model and afterwards that we went to a movie. And after the movie we went to esplanade to look at the stars.
    no dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by advrider View Post
    no dinner?
    what dinner? most likely supper leow!

Now I am wondering if you forgot to take your camera, on purpose
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Sounds good. I think I might 'forget' to bring camera next time too.

wah so lomantik....lol now u make everyone forgetful le...either intentionally, purposely or definitely..

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    LOL! blow so hard! but i think its not recommended to blow the sensor if i am not wrong. actually blows more dust in
    Therefore, using a $700 vaccum cleaner to suck dust out actually helps. =)

I brought a film SLR with 2 pieces of CF cards. Believe me???

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    that's potteriffic!

Red face Re: What are the stupid things that you might done... (Photography Related only)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    I actually had something similar. I was rushing for an outing with my family and asked my wife to grab the SLR from the dry cabinet. I packed up all the lenses and CF card for my digital camera but she took the old Canon 500N film body instead. *sigh* There was a lot of long faces that day (especially mine).

Moral of story:

1. Never ask your wife to grab your camera body.
    2. Check before you leave.
    3. Bring a backup P&S (I bought an IXUS 850 which I always carry now )

Kelvin

I forgot to bring my battery. And was stupid enough to take MRT back home, and taxi back to location just to find the event (flying of half mast flag) was over.

Set lower resolution to conserve mem space. Then during next shoot forgot to set back.

Lie down in public space to get ultra wide shot of building.

Forgot to turn AS/SSS (anti-shake) on in low light condition shots

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Went on Birding trip... happened last saturday

Reached location, took ot equipment to setup.

Tripod- ok
    Body - ok got 2
    Batteries - have 2 for each body
    CF cards - have 5 pieces, total 19 Gb
    Lens - ok, hv my 500mm and 70-200mm
    TC - ok
    Flash and accessories - all ok, flash bracket and off-shoe cord

Heck.. where is my Gimbal head...

Worst of all, the rare common King fisher is in sight now.
    Similar experience, went to shoot fire work, brought everything, even tripod head, but where is my plate
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Lie down in public space to get ultra wide shot of building.
    I think this is quite normal. Sometimes i will prone down to take my shots as i don own a right angle viewer
    Canon 400D + 50L - Everyone was once a Noob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast