Thread: Ovation external hard disk

Default Ovation external hard disk

Hello all,

I bought the Ovation portable external hard disk last month and it has been working fine till now, when i plug the hard disk into the USB port, beeping noises can be heard from the device. Any idea what's wrong? or how to rectify it?

-drOick.

Default Re: Ovation external hard disk

there is a external power cord to this ovation HD; try plugging it in from another USB port.

Or plug it straight to the USB (at the back); tried not to go thru any extension.

The hdd needs a USB port that has power. ie from the back of the pc or the front but not from a small hub coming out of the USB port. Extension cable works if it is from the USB port direct. My externall hdd is thru amn extension and from a powered USB hub.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

So the beeping noises is caused by insufficient power?

Hello,

After awhile the beeping noises from my external hard disk returns. I tried plugging it both USB heads into the computer already, would it work better if i bought a DC adapter? Infact now with the beeping noises, the hard disk takes very long to read and most of the time it will not allow me to view the programmes inside it.

My ovation cannot work on the first day of my purchase during Comex. I went down to their service center at Pines Industrial Building, they change my USB cable for me.

So maybe you can bring ur set down and see what they can do?

I changed it before and got a new set for me. What was the problem for your ovation?

plug in nothing happen loh
    no power, no running, nothing at all~~
    so dulan tt time... feel like ganna cheated...

back up ur data and go to the service centre....

Don't know about Ovation but I get beeping noises from my 2.5" external HDD only sometimes when it's plugged in with another 2.5" HDD on the same USB port. Apparently not enough power from one USB port to support two or more HDDs. But by itself, it runs fine and I don't usually need to use the 2nd USB socket head that its USB cable comes with... and that's with a cheap S$10 external USB casing.

Yeah i kinda figured it was because of low power. But yet again, i plugged both USB heads into the computer already, the funny thing is that it works on my laptop but not my desktop. Would getting a DC adaptor help?

Quote Originally Posted by drOick View Post
    Yeah i kinda figured it was because of low power. But yet again, i plugged both USB heads into the computer already, the funny thing is that it works on my laptop but not my desktop. Would getting a DC adaptor help?
    check that you have not assigned a drive letter which your desktop have used for other drive...

Oh thanks for the suggestion but may i know how do i check for such error?

Quote Originally Posted by drOick View Post
    Oh thanks for the suggestion but may i know how do i check for such error?
    it's hard to check for such errors, sometime could be yr mb and power supply. most likely as other bro had mention is not enough power to power it up, best to test with a system which never had any problem.
    shoot for fun

I tried with my laptop and other desktop, it's fine. So i guess its the power supply, but do you think getting a DC adaptor would help?