Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Boleh!

Default Malaysia Boleh!

A developing nation is providing free education and free text book.

I seriously think I need a psychiatrist to help me deal with the trauma brought upon by our progressive nation and a shrewdest Financial planner to help me utilise the progressive packages without having to suffer negative equity at the end.

I really need to find peace.

Default Re: Malaysia Boleh!

m'sia isn't the only country in the world to provide free education lah...
    at least we have subsidised education
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

y compare and in this case, how to compare??

if u think that is enticing enuff for u, go over and change ur nationality la.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    m'sia isn't the only country in the world to provide free education lah...
    So what.

We got free photography education in CS.

Cs Boleh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post

How's the cheesecake over there?

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    Cs Boleh!!
    Guru has just spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    How's the cheesecake over there?
    every country has their own local flavour. so, it is hard to gauge how the cheesecake will taste like in that country.

wanna find out? go there and stay and test them out la!

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post

You will, one day.

Forever peace.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Free will create more half past six educated bcos these people will take them for granted since it is free. Then it will become M'sia tah boleh!

I seriously think I need a psychiatrist to help me deal with the trauma brought upon by our progressive nation and a shrewdest Financial planner to help me utilise the progressive packages without having to suffer negative equity at the end.

it's just next door, i'm sure it's not too much of a hassle if you want to immigrate now so that your children will have free education and textbooks in future. otherwise you stab yourself one hundred times and you still won't find any peace. or else go talk to your MP lah, and tell your MP how psychologically distressed you're feeling now. if not you can wait for peace to come and find you lor

dont love your country so much....

Can your kids go to Uni there where only a small restricted percentage of places is allocated to minorities?

Can you get a government job there?

Free education still have to eat. Right?

Is there any CS member from Malaysia in here? Perhaps they can helps to enlighten our TS about the free education and text books stuff, and other things in Malaysia as well?

Thus far, for the rest of us, mainly were hearsay and what was reported in the news, thus, we may not have the full and accurate information to advise TS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Can your kids go to Uni there where only a small restricted percentage of places is allocated to minorities?

Can you get a government job there?

Free education still have to eat. Right?
    maybe they will clothe n feed u like some countries. hmmm? y not move to those countries?

maybe they will clothe n feed u like some countries. hmmm? y not move to those countries?
    You can also choose to go the countries with low population and become their reproductive machine.

When we're just talking about 'free', we're just talking about the quantitative aspects, right?

To put things in perspective, if the expectation of the quality of 'free education and books' is low enough, Singapore can be doing it too. Given the funds that pour into education each year.

How they keep revising teachers pay so that they can maintain a reasonable teacher-student ratio
    How they tear down old school buildings to build new ones so that infrastructure is conducive
    How they update the teaching facilities, like replacing OHP with visualizers, like increasing number of computers, like making provision for subsidised computer ownership for low income families... the list goes on and on
    How they set aside funds for training people in education so that their knowledge and expertise, even if not at implementation level, is always up to date

I always marvel at how money is spent on the education pie. While I'm not in agreement with all the micro ways of spending, I'm definitely assured that they're not neglecting 'providing education' at all.

Want it free? Just provide the basics. One teacher (no need to be too qualified), 50 students. Forget about all the indoor sports hall, computers, enrichment classes and what nots, just build rooms with ventilation to house them. I'm pretty certain they will even be money left over. Is that what you want? Oh, or was it you want everything better, but want it free?

We're in a different stage of development. The challenges are different.

Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    When we're just talking about 'free', we're just talking about the quantitative aspects, right?

To put things in perspective, if the expectation of the quality of 'free education and books' is low enough, Singapore can be doing it too. Given the funds that pour into education each year.

How they keep revising teachers pay so that they can maintain a reasonable teacher-student ratio
    How they tear down old school buildings to build new ones so that infrastructure is conducive
    How they update the teaching facilities, like replacing OHP with visualizers, like increasing number of computers, like making provision for subsidised computer ownership for low income families... the list goes on and on
    How they set aside funds for training people in education so that their knowledge and expertise, even if not at implementation level, is always up to date

I always marvel at how money is spent on the education pie. While I'm not in agreement with all the micro ways of spending, I'm definitely assured that they're not neglecting 'providing education' at all.

Want it free? Just provide the basics. One teacher (no need to be too qualified), 50 students. Forget about all the indoor sports hall, computers, enrichment classes and what nots, just build rooms with ventilation to house them. I'm pretty certain they will even be money left over. Is that what you want? Oh, or was it you want everything better, but want it free?

You are what I call a "thinking singaporean"!

Why compare, nothing much to compare between the 2 systems. A quality education system or one education system that have a lot of the students traveling to oversea for study, not taking the best bcos of quota system, etc.

If one want free, go to Brunei instead, free education,medical, tax, etc for years. TS is talking about free education only now, how to compare?

Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post

firstly.. do we need all these extras?
    - OHP to visualiser? Necessary? Havard is still using CHALK BOARDS.
    - Tear down old schs to build new ones? I see nothing wrong with older school buildings. England and US has got even older school buildings than us and they are in no way more backward.
    - Revise teachers pay so that they can maintain a reasonable teacher-student ratio?
    Teacher's pay is always revised UPWARDS while the teacher student ratio DOWNWARDS.
    This means we need to hire MORE teachers. I was taught in a neighbourhood school with 1 teacher to 46 students usually. We are all doing fine and quite a number exceptionally well. It's not the teachers, it's the students.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast