Thread: Hotshoe Radio Wireless Flash Trigger

Exclamation Hotshoe Radio Wireless Flash Trigger

Hello guys, anyone has a Hotshoe Radio Wireless Flash Trigger? Im using a canon and im looking for something like this. http://www.tagotech.com/index_files/Page1037.htm
    pls tell me is it gd or not if u have this.. im using for out doors. thanks!

Default Re: Hotshoe Radio Wireless Flash Trigger

I'm a bit doubtful about these made in china/taiwan products. They probably will not last very long and may have a range problem.

I know because I use a cheap RF trigger which does not work sometimes. The Canon version is way too overpriced.

As for hotshoe wireless flash trigger, I'm using ST-E2 which works wonders! For $200+, IMO it is a good investment.
    Canon EF prime, macro & L lenses on EOS30D

I've not used the Tagotech trigger for flash before, only their radio shutter triggers; what I can tell you is that the service from Paul (Tagotech) is nothing short of fantastic! Great, and fast communications and if you have problems with your new purchase, he will go out of his way to help solve the problem. Give him a PM and see if you feel comfortable dealing with him.

CHEERS!

Thanks, i know this brand called poket wiazrd. its gd rite.. any idea where can i get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Antzzz View Post
    I'm a bit doubtful about these made in china/taiwan products. They probably will not last very long and may have a range problem.

I know because I use a cheap RF trigger which does not work sometimes. The Canon version is way too overpriced.

As for hotshoe wireless flash trigger, I'm using ST-E2 which works wonders! For $200+, IMO it is a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by bend geez View Post
    Thanks, i know this brand called poket wiazrd. its gd rite.. any idea where can i get it?
    read this
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I used a flash holder and cable like this, can just fix the flash on one leg of
    my tripod.

http://kel8157.multiply.com/photos/a..._photog_gears_

Not all china stuffs are no good. I have been using china made flash trigger for 1 year. Still working!!! AND it costs only $50.

I read somewhere that the ST-E2 can be used on other cameras other than Canon, except you lose the TTL. Can you use on the Leica M?

I've not used the Tagotech trigger, but Paul is a nice person to deal.

I've the China made Hotshoe Radio Wireless Flash Trigger which sell by Ruby, this thing works fine in door or outdoor for short range, but have problems with interference of mobile phone ringing, it will trigger the receiver, if you are shooting in studio with fast recycle strobes, it will turn your studio to become a disco dance floor.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I'm using the one similar to the one marketed by tagotech and I believe it's from the same maker just labelled differently.

Take note that the triggers aren't compatible with the 430ex. Another drawback is that the fastest reliable sync speed I get out of that is 1/125 which isn't too bad, but not great either. Otherwise they are pretty reliable and work with no problems with other flashes.
    Canon EOS 66 | Kit Lens | Leung Sheung Wing Chun Singapore

Does the ST- E2 cost more than $250 for first hand? i got 2 x 430EX which happens to act as slave... Itchy hand...might like to try to buy one if new cost around $250...