Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: Photography Notes For Newbies

Default Re: Photography Notes For Newbies

Thank you so much for your effort. Excellent stuff.

goood
    hanks for sharing~
    www.stargazewithme.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wendyflair/

Default Re: Photography Notes For Newbies - Page 12

Thank for sharing...

hmmm.. thnx alot.. this really make me understand better.. read the book makin me crazie..

Do check this too...http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...89#post4971489 its in available in a handy book now!!

hi everyone..

im a complete beginner. down from scratch and really really need help.

if someone can explain the details here on few of my Qs(the definition mostly)

1. what is aperture. what's that f11 stands for? what is f?
    2. what is bokeh? how is it made up??
    3. i dont know why but maybe im to used to compact. i dunno how to focus and object from a distance. how to do the close up. the pix got blur whenever i did so.
    4. how do i adjust the shutter speed.

sangat need help. a complete buta dslr you can say. i do go thru the e-notes and practice the reading blablabla but still its too hard to understand the terms. got no class anyway. dunno who to turn to.

Good stuff Sulhan! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

nice compilation~ upz!

Hi, Im also very new to photography, and is actually learning. I came across Fisheye Lens, and Im actually very keen to know more about fisheye lens. Im actually thinking of buying one, but Im not too sure if there are any things that I need to watch out for.

Eg, does all fisheye lens selling in the market fit nicely for all types of camera brands?
    Im holding a Sony Alpha, and Im not too sure if I were to buy a fisheye lens from the forum here, will the lens be able to fit into my camera.

Also, Im also thinking of getting CPL or ND filter. But realised that there are filter diameter like 49mm, 55mm, 62mm etc. What does these measurement decode?

Can the experts or seniors explain? Looking forward to your kind explanations. Thanks

1. Somewhere in the lens, there's a opening that allows light to pass thru. Aperture relates to the size of the opening. Bigger opening = allow more light => higher shutter speed can be used to get the same exposure (brightness on picture)
    Bigger F number = smaller opening = smaller aperture. i.e. compare F11 to F4, F11 has a smaller opening.

2. Bokeh is a term to describe background blur. Nice bokeh => "nice background blur"

3. In every DSLR lens, there's a MFD (Minimum Focus Distance), which is the min distance between the camera and the subject. Any closer than that and the subject will never be in focus.

4. Sorry, can't help u with this..
    On canon camera, it can be set in the Tv mode or Manual Mode. You need to refer manual to find out which knob to turn to change the value.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteblanket View Post
    hi everyone..

3. i dont know why but maybe im to used to compact. i dunno how to focus and object from a distance. how to do the close up. the pix got blur whenever i did so.

1. Short answer is no. You should explicitly ask the seller whether the lens can fit your sony DSLR (unless the lens is a sony, then most likely can fit)

2. Different lens have different diameter(thread portion of the lens). So the filter size must match the lens diameter, or else it won't fit. On the front of the lens, there's should be clear indication of the lens diameter (e.g. 58mm )

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe Belinda View Post
    Eg, does all fisheye lens selling in the market fit nicely for all types of camera brands?
    Im holding a Sony Alpha, and Im not too sure if I were to buy a fisheye lens from the forum here, will the lens be able to fit into my camera.

Also, Im also thinking of getting CPL or ND filter. But realised that there are filter diameter like 49mm, 55mm, 62mm etc. What does these measurement decode?

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe Belinda View Post
    Hi, Im also very new to photography, and is actually learning. I came across Fisheye Lens, and Im actually very keen to know more about fisheye lens. Im actually thinking of buying one, but Im not too sure if there are any things that I need to watch out for.

Can the experts or seniors explain? Looking forward to your kind explanations. Thanks
    Sony is especially proprietary... would recommend to use back the housebrand lens.

The filter diameter is indicated on somewhere ard your lens. Get that number when you go out purchasing your filters.
    :: Nikon D90 | Tamron 17 - 50mm f2.8 VC | Nikkor 85mm f1.8| Nikkor 50mm f1.8 ::

Quote Originally Posted by whiteblanket View Post
    hi everyone..

sangat need help. a complete buta dslr you can say. i do go thru the e-notes and practice the reading blablabla but still its too hard to understand the terms. got no class anyway. dunno who to turn to.
    What camera make are you using? You can trying joining the Nikon/Canon/etc users thread to find out more, as the ppl there are more proficient in the particular make.

For a start, you can try joining the beginner classes. <$50 can find....

For an idea about Bokeh, you can see this.
    :: Nikon D90 | Tamron 17 - 50mm f2.8 VC | Nikkor 85mm f1.8| Nikkor 50mm f1.8 ::

Hi, wow... thanks for the write up. It really helps me alot. Truly appreciate.

Great write-up. Really insightful for newbies : )

Nice~

Thumbs up Re: Photography Notes For Newbies

Thanks a lot for your useful info and knowledge sharing...it helps a lot.
    I will be appreciated if u can share with me more on DSL camera shooting technics.

Default Re: Photography Notes For Newbies - Page 11

Quote Originally Posted by sulhan View Post
    Just wondering how can be done to maintain the right exposure and at the same time keep the details of the clouds and sky

Many thanks,I appreciate the effort put into this.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast