Thread: Olympus OM3

Default Olympus OM3

Just wondering if there's anyone out there who's got the above.

Any idea how much these are worth now?

Thanks!

Yup, got an old OM3. Not sure of the value but would be interested to know as well....

I prefer my OM3 to my FM3a. The reasons being size (or lack thereof), lack of aperture-priority auto (not important), and multiple spot (w/average (very important)).

Wish I got the 3Ti instead. Really expensive now. Sigh...

Haven't played around with my OM3 much, or any of my other equipment for that matter! But once in a while, like to take it out with just a 35/2 for fun.... back to basics

Default Olympus OM3

OM3 is fine but I use OM4-Ti more often whereas OM3-Ti is ridiculously over priced. Sigh....could rarely come across OM user these days.

any one of you selling them?

seen one of the shops at peninsular selling it for $900+,
    but the condition is quite used - 7/10.

i have both om1 and 2sp...now looking for a om3ti and 4ti.
    i think mint- condition 4ti is about 600USD in the ebay, 3ti could get as ex as 1200USD.

i think because there is no market in sg for the OM, they are usually overpriced here. i got a nice 180/2.8 for 700$sing from the ebay, but at penisular it's priced at 900+$ for lousy conditions.

not sure if anyone of you knows this - despite so many differences in the design, OM1, 3, and 4 and the respective Ti versions, all weigh the same at ~510g, while om2sp is only slightly heavier 540g....do not think this spirit of consistency and the commitment to compactness happened in any other SLR system. and i think probably, it is the only slr camera system that gives all the respect to the person behind the camera, rather than the fanciful the technology.

Hello Chung,
    How are you? Remember that I met you somewhere in March with my baby girl while you were shooting with your OM-1 at the Changi "Tua Pek Kong" temple?

cheers

i paid S$400 for a om2s on ebay recently, it arrived in my doorstep 4 days later. fast! as for om3/om4 on ebay there are a few now and then (but not so much of om3 though). Ti versions are even rarer on ebay.

by the way have anyone tried the 2-4 / 2-13 focusing screens? how does it compare to the 1-8?

hey u guys keen for a OM outing someday? share experiences and stuff...
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

Default 2-13 makes your OM2SP feel like a new camera

Originally posted by djork
    i paid S$400 for a om2s on ebay recently, it arrived in my doorstep 4 days later. fast! as for om3/om4 on ebay there are a few now and then (but not so much of om3 though). Ti versions are even rarer on ebay.

by the way have anyone tried the 2-4 / 2-13 focusing screens? how does it compare to the 1-8?

hey u guys keen for a OM outing someday? share experiences and stuff...
    Wouldn't use anything else.

The 2-13 is great and you wouldn't want to look back at the 1-8. As for the 2-4, it seems that everything seems "in focus" if you are using 24mm or wider. The 2 series screen is much more better and cheaper than the Beattie screen.

cheers

i have the 2-4 in my 2sp...like the very brightness. but could be take a bit of time to get the focus right sometime. probably because there is no matt or split to gauge the pin point focus

havent know of the 2-13...how does it look like??

any recommendation which is the best screen for macro shot?

hey boochap, where did you buy the series 2 focusing screen?
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

ebay.com..search under olympus 35mm slr.