Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 'National Service' necessary?

Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Morphis View Post
    No offense taken.
    I think u r da best person to make tat difference as ya r still serving the nation.
    Leaving da country in ya hands to defend when I go for my long range angling trip.
    After ya have done ya tour of duty, ya mindset may change... ...
    Time flies.
    yea lol it sure is flyin by fast.. lol 5more mths =0) enjoy ur trip take more pics =)
    E-M5 user and I am lovin' it! E-M5, 12-50Kit, 17mm f 2.8, 25mm f1.4, 60mm macro, 45-175 zoom.

during NS i always tell my men. Never die for your country ( not that i don't love singapore )
    because i STRONGLY believe the other party should die for their countries.

National Security is always a Waste of time and money until something happens.

If there's War we will fight.. being prepared is always better.. but There should be some Quality Control.. which is what they are doing right now. Slowly kicking out the losers whom are sitting riding on the once "iron bowl".

Now days welfare so good.. I think not many will survive any war anyway.. unless we fight war on PS3 Xbox 360, PSP, maybe got chance

Say waste of time, not really waste of time, Say not Waste of time I also cannot agree to it.

Hmm Spending alot of time on Clubsnap can be considered waste of time?

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    cant agree more.

Have you people forgotten about Kuwait?

That country thought that with the money spent on raising and running a substantial military can better be spent making the neighbours happy - till one of them decided to kill the golden goose.

Sure, because of oil, the rest of the world pitched in to help, but not before the country was robbed and raped - and that, you can't undo.

And compared to Kuwait, Singapore doesn't really have that much that the rest of the world wants.

Quote Originally Posted by r32 View Post
    And compared to Kuwait, Singapore doesn't really have that much that the rest of the world wants.

Ermm.. that's not quite true. There are people out there who are seriously intent on seeing Spore fail / collapse / destroyed for their own political agenda / gain.

Consider how much our economy is worth now. Then consider again if Spore somehow ceased to exist, who / where would all this money be likely to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo View Post
    Consider how much our economy is worth now. Then consider again if Spore somehow ceased to exist, who / where would all this money be likely to go.
    Swiss bank account.

Isn't wealth in the eye of the beholder?

When the country is at the risk of collapse, the stock will plunge, followed by property,............................ The singapore dollars will become nothing.

Therefore, security is very important, it helps to build up confidence in the investors.

This is just my feeling, I am not a economist.

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post

If there's War we will fight.. being prepared is always better.. but There should be some Quality Control.. which is what they are doing right now. Slowly kicking out the losers whom are sitting riding on the once "iron bowl".

Now days welfare so good.. I think not many will survive any war anyway.. unless we fight war on PS3 Xbox 360, PSP, maybe got chance

Say waste of time, not really waste of time, Say not Waste of time I also cannot agree to it.

Hmm Spending alot of time on Clubsnap can be considered waste of time?
    It is the amount of info you get from Clubsnap makes it a value added site. No money can buy(Maybe too popular and buy over by...)

The joy, the fun, the negative feedack you receive.. and when somebody said that MM Lee is reading the forum, I think it meant something. so is it a waste of time?

I hope and wish that MM Lee can comment on the statement...

Yappy & happy

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Come to think of it.
    If our country are being occupied by enemy, they will have to kill all the man becos we are all "trained" and "danagerous".
    It happened in every war.. during the Jap occupation etc.. I will do the same Will You?

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    i have never came across 1up 2up 3up.. you think playing Super Mario ah?
    Totally not familiar with what you just said...

Enlist Sept 99, ORD Jan 05 and No i'm not a Rambo... so I guess you're one? My NS training teach me there is no Rambo in SG defence force.. your NS served in Singapore?
    You are not combat trained. You never shoot at a range. You serve 6 years doing NS.. when you need to do only 2.5 years.. what happened to the 3.5 years?

U are only a Rambo if you are properly trained..

Please dont feel offended as I think there are people out there who serve more that 2.5years doing NS...!!..AWOL.. in detention barrack... etc

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Swiss bank account.
    HAHAHAHA.... good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo View Post
    HAHAHAHA.... good one.
    ya good one IF IT IS IN Euro or US currency hehe..if it is still in SDG dollar you keep...it would only be banana money heheh

Quote Originally Posted by kohweeloon View Post
    during NS i always tell my men. Never die for your country ( not that i don't love singapore )
    because i STRONGLY believe the other party should die for their countries.
    U are right!!!!

Let them die for their country.

We will give them full military honour.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    ya good one IF IT IS IN Euro or US currency hehe..if it is still in SDG dollar you keep...it would only be banana money heheh
    We have a strong backup. Till today stil very strong!

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Swiss bank account.
    This is a good one...

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    It is the amount of info you get from Clubsnap makes it a value added site. No money can buy(Maybe too popular and buy over by...)

The joy, the fun, the negative feedack you receive.. and when somebody said that MM Lee is reading the forum, I think it meant something. so is it a waste of time?

I hope and wish that MM Lee can comment on the statement...

Yappy & happy
    come on man.. then why you train so hard for!!!
    i have never came across 1up 2up 3up.. you think playing Super Mario ah?
    Totally not familiar with what you just said...

Enlist Sept 99, ORD Jan 05 and No i'm not a Rambo... so I guess you're one? My NS training teach me there is no Rambo in SG defence force.. your NS served in Singapore?

Hi Bros...

If i read correctly... your served about 6 years while other only 2 or 2.5 years..

Why 6 years???

vince123123
    Guests

He could be a regular, that seems to be the approx timeframe?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    He could be a regular, that seems to be the approx timeframe?
    I think you are right...

So yanyewkay would you like to comment?

To ask if NS is necessary is similar to asking if war is necessary.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast