Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 374

Thread: Is 'National Service' necessary?

  1. #321

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    So when are you leaving..

    I may want to go tothe airport to send you off.

    U can always come back on social visit pass!

    Bon voyage!
    oh ya, social visit passes are even more worthy then citizenship!

    and btw, i still dont understand why you're so farking sobbish on your views. as much as you can have yours, why cant i have mine?

  2. #322

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Paradise.

    No need to apply one.

    Just wait your turn at the age of 80, 90 or whenever your passport to Earth expires.
    Haha....

    It is a good one.. the other is called 'HELL' but before going there, you also have a choice!

  3. #323

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    oh ya, social visit passes are even more worthy then citizenship!

    and btw, i still dont understand why you're so farking sobbish on your views. as much as you can have yours, why cant i have mine?
    YOUNG MAN, try using "farking" on the guy that handle you!

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=325830

    U have the photo of him right?

    Do U know why You got 'man handled'?

    The answer is simple, it is because you have no muscle. Do you think he dares to use it on a person who is as well built as the 'ROCK'.

    This happened to you. It can also happen to a country. You get bullied if you have no good defence force or 'muscle'. It is as simple as that!

    So it is only your opinion.

    Dont forget NS provides you the proper training you need to defence your nation and prepare your future. With no muscle, how can you defence your home land!

    U are now enjoying all the benefit as a citizen. As a citizen, one of your duties is to defence your Nation and if you cant do it, find another place to stay and also another place to continue your education.

    Don't waste your time here and the tax payer monies!

    Bon voyage!!!!!

  4. #324

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    YOUNG MAN, try using "farking" on the guy that handle you!

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=325830

    U have the photo of him right?

    Do U know why You got 'man handled'?

    The answer is simple, it is because you have no muscle. Do you think he dares to use it on a person who is as well built as the 'ROCK'.


    This happened to you. It can also happen to a country. You get bullied if you have no good defence force or 'muscle'. It is as simple as that!

    So it is only your opinion.

    Dont forget NS provides you the proper training you need to defence your nation and prepare your future. With no muscle, how can you defence your home land!

    U are now enjoying all the benefit as a citizen. As a citizen, one of your duties is to defence your Nation and if you cant do it, find another place to stay and also another place to continue your education.

    Don't waste your time here and the tax payer monies!

    Bon voyage!!!!!
    i just dont understand. ask yourself, why do you want to start this thread?

    is it because you're asking for an opinion, or you just want people agreeing to your opinion?

    if you just want a bunch of robots agreeing to ever single words you say, then heck why start this thread?

    go talk to some preschoolers. they're WAYYYY better in this field.


    and since you're taking out on me with regards to the other thread, i presume you're trolling on me? oh yes, that is the case, you even got a lame personal attack in this quoted post (in bold)!
    Last edited by Stratix; 12th November 2007 at 08:54 AM.

  5. #325

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    just hit the report post button. waiting for mods to intervine. =)

  6. #326

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    i just dont understand. ask yourself, why do you want to start this thread?

    is it because you're asking for an opinion, or you just want people agreeing to your opinion?

    if you just want a bunch of robots agreeing to ever single words you say, then heck why start this thread?

    go talk to some preschoolers. they're WAYYYY better in this field.


    and since you're taking out on me with regards to the other thread, i presume you're trolling on me? oh yes, that is the case, you even got a lame personal attack in this quoted post (in bold)!
    U are right!

    The threat is just asking for opinion. U dont have to accept what had been written. U have the choice to stay or to leave. However it is in my opinion that you are wasting the taxpayer's money and your time.

    Pse accept my apology if I had...

  7. #327
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Hmm, I'm confirmed less muscled than the guy in that thread, but I'll say that if he tries to manhandle me, he'll have a lot coming for him

    Muscles are not the only factor in determining defence capabilities - I do hope you recognise that.

    And how do you know that the person you are directing your post towards is younger than you? THere is no sense in using age in substantive debates and discussions. Does it mean that my 90 year old great grand father is automatically correct?


    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    YOUNG MAN, try using "farking" on the guy that handle you!

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=325830

    U have the photo of him right?

    Do U know why You got 'man handled'?

    The answer is simple, it is because you have no muscle. Do you think he dares to use it on a person who is as well built as the 'ROCK'.

    This happened to you. It can also happen to a country. You get bullied if you have no good defence force or 'muscle'. It is as simple as that!

    So it is only your opinion.

    Dont forget NS provides you the proper training you need to defence your nation and prepare your future. With no muscle, how can you defence your home land!

    U are now enjoying all the benefit as a citizen. As a citizen, one of your duties is to defence your Nation and if you cant do it, find another place to stay and also another place to continue your education.

    Don't waste your time here and the tax payer monies!

    Bon voyage!!!!!
    Last edited by vince123123; 12th November 2007 at 01:40 PM.

  8. #328

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Hmm, I'm confirmed less muscled than the guy in that thread, but I'll say that if he tries to manhandle me, he'll have a lot coming for him

    Muscles are not the only factor in determining defence capabilities - I do hope you recognise that.

    And how do you know that the person you are directing your post towards is younger than you? THere is no sense in using age in substantive debates and discussions. Does it mean that my 90 year old great grand father is automatically correct?
    U are right.

    Muscle refers to not only good physique but other attributes e.g. quick response, more alert and to a nation it refers to better trained population and better equipt army.

    I just doubt that the Security Staff would challenge a person who is double his built and confident in his look.

    And I hope that I am wrong. However from reading the thread posted by this gentleman, I assumed that he is younger than me.

  9. #329

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    just hit the report post button. waiting for mods to intervine. =)
    Sorry to address you as 'Young Man'.

  10. #330

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    assuming the 'young man' u r calling went thru NS,
    well, he is still not tough enough looking to avoid being man handed.
    that goes to say much about our conscripted soldiers, doesn't it?

    why equate NS to anything?
    if our friend can contribute better from another area, why not?

    remember the lesson from the sino-japanese war?
    china was what? rank no.5 n japan no.12,
    but the japanese admiral has no doubt about winning
    when he visited one of the chinese's boat.
    war is not about numbers.

    jude



    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post

    The answer is simple, it is because you have no muscle. Do you think he dares to use it on a person who is as well built as the 'ROCK'.

    This happened to you. It can also happen to a country. You get bullied if you have no good defence force or 'muscle'. It is as simple as that!

    Dont forget NS provides you the proper training you need to defence your nation and prepare your future. With no muscle, how can you defence your home land!

    U are now enjoying all the benefit as a citizen. As a citizen, one of your duties is to defence your Nation and if you cant do it, find another place to stay and also another place to continue your education.

    Don't waste your time here and the tax payer monies!

    Bon voyage!!!!!

  11. #331
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Yup, you are right... (which means you have read the book... )

    I do not know how many would do NS if it was up to their own free will. The concept of service to the nation, sacrifice for the greater good... All these were still present in Heinlein's time. Today's commercialisation and hollywood values would emphasize "Me first" and "Better him than me".

    Maybe allowing voting / running of office in the hands of those who have done national service (and i mean really doing something worthwhile and not spending time waiting for the 3-tonner to move off or wasting time in the bunk doing "body maintenance") would be a good idea. After all, these are the men who have demonstrated that they are ready to sacrifice for a greater good. The good of the people they are sworn to serve.

    Yes, I am being idealistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celebring View Post
    What Heinlein suggested in Starship Troopers was voluntary service; there were no conscripts. His idea was that only people who have served the country should be allowed to vote or serve as an elected official. You had the choice between NS and your say in how your country is run, or no NS and no voice.

    Our armed forces are based on a conscript system, which doesn't allow you a choice. I don't consider spending time in the DB or going overseas and never returning as viable alternatives to conscription.

    It raises interesting questions. If given the choice, would you (men and women alike) volunteer for NS in order to be allowed to (possibly) vote to elect your MP? Should you be allowed to run for parliament only if you've done NS?

  12. #332
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Heheh, some people still deny the existence of time wasting in NS leh!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus View Post
    (and i mean really doing something worthwhile and not spending time waiting for the 3-tonner to move off or wasting time in the bunk doing "body maintenance")

  13. #333

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    NS is fun. you get to see people chao geng everyday. and those with bad acting skills really brightens up my day, esp those faking mental disorders.

  14. #334
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    NS is fun. you get to see people chao geng everyday. and those with bad acting skills really brightens up my day, esp those faking mental disorders.
    takes 1 to know 1, i guess.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  15. #335
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Don't think that hypothesis has any basis though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    takes 1 to know 1, i guess.

  16. #336
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Don't think that hypothesis has any basis though.
    it doesn't matter. satay16 brightens my day and that is good enuff.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  17. #337
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    The feeling is probably mutual.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    it doesn't matter. satay16 brightens my day and that is good enuff.

  18. #338

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    NS is fun. you get to see people chao geng everyday. and those with bad acting skills really brightens up my day, esp those faking mental disorders.
    welcome to the reality. you should thank ns for giving you a nice transition period before you step into the working society.

  19. #339
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    The feeling is probably mutual.
    nice one.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  20. #340

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalas View Post
    assuming the 'young man' u r calling went thru NS,
    well, he is still not tough enough looking to avoid being man handed.
    that goes to say much about our conscripted soldiers, doesn't it?

    why equate NS to anything?
    if our friend can contribute better from another area, why not?

    remember the lesson from the sino-japanese war?
    china was what? rank no.5 n japan no.12,
    but the japanese admiral has no doubt about winning
    when he visited one of the chinese's boat.
    war is not about numbers.

    jude
    I would assume that both had gone thru NS. One is trained(not to bully) and the other 'Ken Ka Liao'.

    If you take NS seriously, than you may be able to handle the situation better.

    China has the number but not trained(No NS) and not discipline. They were busy fighting among themselves and they gave priority to their internal thread not until one army general kidnapped Chiang Kai Sek....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •