Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 'National Service' necessary?

Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I'm not sure if you intend for me to read your words at face value, or to try to discern undertones. In particular, directed at the words in blue, although everything else seems fine.

I'm not sure where that whole sleeping time concept came from.
    Hi.. what I am trying to drive at is that sometimes it is a matter of interpretation and it is situational. But I must always agree with you that time=$$$.

If the time is managed accordingly, everybody benefit.

regards

vince123123
    Guests

I am not referring to your service conversion, but to your statements here that:

I some more kena the old 13 year cycle but never got chance to sit around for 8-9 days like u. So lucky, complain some more .

Later your CO give super pack ICT then you also complain!

Kindly refer to the above discussions on the concept of work created to fill time.I am referring to the work created to fill time. Hence its a concept of time, not humans.

Please elaborate where you can gather that I'm half-hearted? Don't take the noble ivory tower approach and deride everyone who doesn't share the same view as you, as being half hearted.

If I were to use your approach of "I've done it so you jolly well do it", I'll get my grandfather to tell you "why you must use aircon? in the past we no aircon, just suck it up", or "why use computer? In my days we use manual typewriter, or maybe even use the pen. just suck it up", or why use DLSR, just use pinhole camera als can.

With the passage of time comes changes, and with changes comes progress and improvement. You can choose to be stuck with bad practices and suck it up all you want - do not impose it on others who wish to canvass for changes for the better.

And your comments about creation of noise apply equally to you.

Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    Don't get it lah, explain more of that please.

But if I understand it right, you're are talking about my service conversion right? If that's it, then I can only say that my whole battalion NSmen was from service vocation - no space filler .

There were actually 3 battalion of ex service vocation NSmen converted. Tell them they are space filler and you'll get screwed. Cooks, life guard, tkd instructor, BMT instructor, clerk, storeman etc....who are fighting fit again due to one reason or another.

We were there to defend S'pore at a moments notice the whole of last decade without 2nd thoughts.

Your half-heartedness worries me about the fighting spirit of the current crop. Don't forget I will depend on you people to defend me.

If time=$$$$ is always the issue, then gone liao, must call those on MR back.

I've done my time, Just Do Yours Lah !!! Why the noise for such minor inconvenience in life!
    Last edited by vince123123; 9th October 2007 at 02:32 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

Sure, to each his own.

If you feel that 4 hours of sleep is sufficient, then go ahead and do it. I suspect though that you will encounter difficulties convincing the policy makers that time can be saved and efficiency increase by sleeping 4 hours instead of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Hi.. what I am trying to drive at is that sometimes it is a matter of interpretation and it is situational. But I must always agree with you that time=$$$.

If the time is managed accordingly, everybody benefit.

regards

I am not referring to your service conversion, but to your statements here that:

I some more kena the old 13 year cycle but never got chance to sit around for 8-9 days like u. So lucky, complain some more .

Later your CO give super pack ICT then you also complain!

Kindly refer to the above discussions on the concept of work created to fill time.I am referring to the work created to fill time. Hence its a concept of time, not humans.

Please elaborate where you can gather that I'm half-hearted? Don't take the noble ivory tower approach and deride everyone who doesn't share the same view as you, as being half hearted.

If I were to use your approach of "I've done it so you jolly well do it", I'll get my grandfather to tell you "why you must use aircon? in the past we no aircon, just suck it up", or "why use computer? In my days we use manual typewriter, or maybe even use the pen. just suck it up", or why use DLSR, just use pinhole camera als can.

With the passage of time comes changes, and with changes comes progress and improvement. You can choose to be stuck with bad practices and suck it up all you want - do not impose it on others who wish to canvass for changes for the better.

And your comments about creation of noise apply equally to you.
    Hi... I think U need more time to relax. Sometimes we do by filling the time ourselves and we never blink an eye.

Just close your eyes and think.. have you ever filled your empty slot with... so is it a waste of time or are we wasting time now and doing sometihing unproductive?

time=$$$$

regards

Sure, to each his own.

If you feel that 4 hours of sleep is sufficient, then go ahead and do it. I suspect though that you will encounter difficulties convincing the policy makers that time can be saved and efficiency increase by sleeping 4 hours instead of 8.
    I always wonder why in hot war and during battle, soldiers don't get to sleep more?
    Warring parties should come to an agreement to allocate ample sleeping hours and must be put in Geneva convention. Any one disagree?
    Canon EF prime, macro & L lenses on EOS30D

Sure, to each his own.

U are right. Then fill the other 4 hours using 4 hours thru sleeping.

Maybe we can manage the time by thinking while sleeping .. we save another 4 hours and have another of 4 hours of productive time.

Dont you agree? time=$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not a bad idea.. making $$$$$ thru sleeping

Regards

vince123123
    Guests

To be honest, I have no idea what concept or proposal you're putting forth.

ditto. maybe it is a badly written joke? or a highly abstract serious idea.

U are right. Then fill the other 4 hours using 4 hours thru sleeping.

Maybe we can manage the time by thinking while sleeping .. we save another 4 hours and have another of 4 hours of productive time.

Dont you agree? time=$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not a bad idea.. making $$$$$ thru sleeping

Regards

time = $$$

war = waste $$$

defence budget in most countries nv a small sum. like insurance premium, cannot save de.

military oso always buy-buy-buy!

make $$$ through sleeping or by sleeping? u suggest us guys 2 pimp ourselves (piak 1 time $50)?
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 10th October 2007 at 01:27 AM.

Thank you for being honest.

No concept or proposal ..

only some meaningless English words pluck out from nowhere just to fill the empty time slot...

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    time = $$$

war = waste $$$

defence budget in most countries nv a small sum. like insurance premium, cannot save de.

military oso always buy-buy-buy!

make $$$ through sleeping or by sleeping? u suggest us guys 2 pimp ourselves (piak 1 time $50)?
    You are right... we have to prepare for war which is a non revenue generating type of organisation although part of it can be privatised to generate income e.g. Chartered Industry and provide the hardware we need.

As for sleeping and making money... I am thinking of the virtual world and multi tasking the brain to work even during a sleep or sleeping or nap or a...???????

Time=$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Antzzz View Post
    I always wonder why in hot war and during battle, soldiers don't get to sleep more?
    Warring parties should come to an agreement to allocate ample sleeping hours and must be put in Geneva convention. Any one disagree?
    After the agreement... just attack when they are sleeping....

vince123123
    Guests

Lol, so that means there's no need to pay any cognizance to your point since you've conceded that there was no point being made.

Thank you for being honest.

No concept or proposal ..

only some meaningless English words pluck out from nowhere just to fill the empty time slot...

Regards

Lol, so that means there's no need to pay any cognizance to your point since you've conceded that there was no point being made.
    They are not patented. No need to pay anything.

So at the end of the day do you think "is National Service necessary?"

Regards

vince123123
    Guests

1. Either you love to change the subject and go off tangents, or you have no idea what paying cognizance means.

2. Check post #165.

They are not patented. No need to pay anything.

So at the end of the day do you think "is National Service necessary?"

Regards

1. Either you love to change the subject and go off tangents, or you have no idea what paying cognizance means.

2. Check post #165.
    U are right again... I am poor in my English and don't understand what you want to say. So what is off tangents?

So do you now agree or don't agree that "National Service is necessary"

Just to remind you the title of the threat is...

Regards

vince123123
    Guests

Yeap, asked and answered in post #165.

U are right again... I am poor in my English and don't understand what you want to say. So what is off tangents?

So do you now agree or don't agree that "National Service is necessary"

Just to remind you the title of the threat is...

Regards

Zzz Comon this thread is not about war! stop warring!
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

Quote Originally Posted by chanxj View Post
    Zzz Comon this thread is not about war! stop warring!
    Thank you Bros for the reminder...

No war just different in opinion. Some words may be strong but it is alright with me!

vince123123 has his right.

Quote Originally Posted by Antzzz View Post
    Good suggestion... bring it to the UN and let them discuss about it...

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast