Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 374

Thread: Is 'National Service' necessary?

  1. #201

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I'm not sure if you intend for me to read your words at face value, or to try to discern undertones. In particular, directed at the words in blue, although everything else seems fine.

    I'm not sure where that whole sleeping time concept came from.
    Hi.. what I am trying to drive at is that sometimes it is a matter of interpretation and it is situational. But I must always agree with you that time=$$$.

    If the time is managed accordingly, everybody benefit.

    regards

  2. #202
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    I am not referring to your service conversion, but to your statements here that:

    I some more kena the old 13 year cycle but never got chance to sit around for 8-9 days like u. So lucky, complain some more .

    Later your CO give super pack ICT then you also complain!

    Kindly refer to the above discussions on the concept of work created to fill time.I am referring to the work created to fill time. Hence its a concept of time, not humans.

    Please elaborate where you can gather that I'm half-hearted? Don't take the noble ivory tower approach and deride everyone who doesn't share the same view as you, as being half hearted.

    If I were to use your approach of "I've done it so you jolly well do it", I'll get my grandfather to tell you "why you must use aircon? in the past we no aircon, just suck it up", or "why use computer? In my days we use manual typewriter, or maybe even use the pen. just suck it up", or why use DLSR, just use pinhole camera als can.

    With the passage of time comes changes, and with changes comes progress and improvement. You can choose to be stuck with bad practices and suck it up all you want - do not impose it on others who wish to canvass for changes for the better.

    And your comments about creation of noise apply equally to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    Don't get it lah, explain more of that please.

    But if I understand it right, you're are talking about my service conversion right? If that's it, then I can only say that my whole battalion NSmen was from service vocation - no space filler .

    There were actually 3 battalion of ex service vocation NSmen converted. Tell them they are space filler and you'll get screwed. Cooks, life guard, tkd instructor, BMT instructor, clerk, storeman etc....who are fighting fit again due to one reason or another.

    We were there to defend S'pore at a moments notice the whole of last decade without 2nd thoughts.

    Your half-heartedness worries me about the fighting spirit of the current crop. Don't forget I will depend on you people to defend me.

    If time=$$$$ is always the issue, then gone liao, must call those on MR back.


    I've done my time, Just Do Yours Lah !!! Why the noise for such minor inconvenience in life!
    Last edited by vince123123; 9th October 2007 at 02:32 PM.

  3. #203
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Sure, to each his own.

    If you feel that 4 hours of sleep is sufficient, then go ahead and do it. I suspect though that you will encounter difficulties convincing the policy makers that time can be saved and efficiency increase by sleeping 4 hours instead of 8.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Hi.. what I am trying to drive at is that sometimes it is a matter of interpretation and it is situational. But I must always agree with you that time=$$$.

    If the time is managed accordingly, everybody benefit.

    regards

  4. #204

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I am not referring to your service conversion, but to your statements here that:

    I some more kena the old 13 year cycle but never got chance to sit around for 8-9 days like u. So lucky, complain some more .

    Later your CO give super pack ICT then you also complain!

    Kindly refer to the above discussions on the concept of work created to fill time.I am referring to the work created to fill time. Hence its a concept of time, not humans.

    Please elaborate where you can gather that I'm half-hearted? Don't take the noble ivory tower approach and deride everyone who doesn't share the same view as you, as being half hearted.

    If I were to use your approach of "I've done it so you jolly well do it", I'll get my grandfather to tell you "why you must use aircon? in the past we no aircon, just suck it up", or "why use computer? In my days we use manual typewriter, or maybe even use the pen. just suck it up", or why use DLSR, just use pinhole camera als can.

    With the passage of time comes changes, and with changes comes progress and improvement. You can choose to be stuck with bad practices and suck it up all you want - do not impose it on others who wish to canvass for changes for the better.

    And your comments about creation of noise apply equally to you.
    Hi... I think U need more time to relax. Sometimes we do by filling the time ourselves and we never blink an eye.

    Just close your eyes and think.. have you ever filled your empty slot with... so is it a waste of time or are we wasting time now and doing sometihing unproductive?

    time=$$$$

    regards

  5. #205
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Town
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Sure, to each his own.

    If you feel that 4 hours of sleep is sufficient, then go ahead and do it. I suspect though that you will encounter difficulties convincing the policy makers that time can be saved and efficiency increase by sleeping 4 hours instead of 8.
    I always wonder why in hot war and during battle, soldiers don't get to sleep more?
    Warring parties should come to an agreement to allocate ample sleeping hours and must be put in Geneva convention. Any one disagree?
    Canon EF prime, macro & L lenses on EOS30D

  6. #206

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Sure, to each his own.

    If you feel that 4 hours of sleep is sufficient, then go ahead and do it. I suspect though that you will encounter difficulties convincing the policy makers that time can be saved and efficiency increase by sleeping 4 hours instead of 8.
    U are right. Then fill the other 4 hours using 4 hours thru sleeping.

    Maybe we can manage the time by thinking while sleeping .. we save another 4 hours and have another of 4 hours of productive time.

    Dont you agree? time=$$$$$$$$$$$$$

    Not a bad idea.. making $$$$$ thru sleeping

    Regards

  7. #207
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    To be honest, I have no idea what concept or proposal you're putting forth.

  8. #208

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    To be honest, I have no idea what concept or proposal you're putting forth.
    ditto. maybe it is a badly written joke? or a highly abstract serious idea.

  9. #209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    U are right. Then fill the other 4 hours using 4 hours thru sleeping.

    Maybe we can manage the time by thinking while sleeping .. we save another 4 hours and have another of 4 hours of productive time.

    Dont you agree? time=$$$$$$$$$$$$$

    Not a bad idea.. making $$$$$ thru sleeping

    Regards

    time = $$$

    war = waste $$$

    defence budget in most countries nv a small sum. like insurance premium, cannot save de.

    military oso always buy-buy-buy!

    make $$$ through sleeping or by sleeping? u suggest us guys 2 pimp ourselves (piak 1 time $50)?
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 10th October 2007 at 01:27 AM.

  10. #210

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    To be honest, I have no idea what concept or proposal you're putting forth.
    Thank you for being honest.

    No concept or proposal ..

    only some meaningless English words pluck out from nowhere just to fill the empty time slot...

    Regards

  11. #211

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    time = $$$

    war = waste $$$

    defence budget in most countries nv a small sum. like insurance premium, cannot save de.

    military oso always buy-buy-buy!

    make $$$ through sleeping or by sleeping? u suggest us guys 2 pimp ourselves (piak 1 time $50)?
    You are right... we have to prepare for war which is a non revenue generating type of organisation although part of it can be privatised to generate income e.g. Chartered Industry and provide the hardware we need.

    As for sleeping and making money... I am thinking of the virtual world and multi tasking the brain to work even during a sleep or sleeping or nap or a...???????

    Time=$$$$$$$

  12. #212

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Antzzz View Post
    I always wonder why in hot war and during battle, soldiers don't get to sleep more?
    Warring parties should come to an agreement to allocate ample sleeping hours and must be put in Geneva convention. Any one disagree?
    After the agreement... just attack when they are sleeping....

  13. #213
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Lol, so that means there's no need to pay any cognizance to your point since you've conceded that there was no point being made.


    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Thank you for being honest.

    No concept or proposal ..

    only some meaningless English words pluck out from nowhere just to fill the empty time slot...

    Regards

  14. #214

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Lol, so that means there's no need to pay any cognizance to your point since you've conceded that there was no point being made.
    They are not patented. No need to pay anything.

    So at the end of the day do you think "is National Service necessary?"

    Regards

  15. #215
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    1. Either you love to change the subject and go off tangents, or you have no idea what paying cognizance means.

    2. Check post #165.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    They are not patented. No need to pay anything.

    So at the end of the day do you think "is National Service necessary?"

    Regards

  16. #216

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    1. Either you love to change the subject and go off tangents, or you have no idea what paying cognizance means.

    2. Check post #165.
    U are right again... I am poor in my English and don't understand what you want to say. So what is off tangents?

    So do you now agree or don't agree that "National Service is necessary"

    Just to remind you the title of the threat is...


    Regards

  17. #217
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Yeap, asked and answered in post #165.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    U are right again... I am poor in my English and don't understand what you want to say. So what is off tangents?

    So do you now agree or don't agree that "National Service is necessary"

    Just to remind you the title of the threat is...


    Regards

  18. #218

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Zzz Comon this thread is not about war! stop warring!
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

  19. #219

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by chanxj View Post
    Zzz Comon this thread is not about war! stop warring!
    Thank you Bros for the reminder...

    No war just different in opinion. Some words may be strong but it is alright with me!

    vince123123 has his right.

  20. #220

    Default Re: Is 'National Service' necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Antzzz View Post
    I always wonder why in hot war and during battle, soldiers don't get to sleep more?
    Warring parties should come to an agreement to allocate ample sleeping hours and must be put in Geneva convention. Any one disagree?
    Good suggestion... bring it to the UN and let them discuss about it...

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •