Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 76

Thread: Shooting showgirls

  1. #1
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Shooting showgirls

    Is there anything wrong morally and photographically shooting showgirls?

    A partial quote from another photography forum, a member said this:

    Frankly speaking, this series of photographs is not encouraged to be post in the forum.
    For the simplest reason, this does not help the members to improve their photographic skills.

    This is neither event coverage nor model shoot. You cannot control the background as u do not rent the place and the showgirls are just doing charity when they pose for you. If you are covering for magazine/press I got nothing to say, this is your job. But here! What are you trying to show?

    Yes! you can shoot this type of photo, but please keep it to yourself. You can achieve more than that! I seen pretty good picture from you.

    I am sorry if I offended you in anyway. But I do not wish this culture to continue in this forum.
    I would like the CSers views on shooting showgirls. Is it "questionable", and does it help you improve your skills?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    YLSX / sgvideoman is the best examples... look at their works... got improvements?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    nothing wrong absolutely
    to me it is like street photography
    shrug

    everyone does it
    by right like that all the cosplay conventions
    or all the ndp things all don't need to take photos

    if you don't like it, it's understandable
    but don't need to go around condemning anyone else

    not like they are taking zg or perverted shots, shrug

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Is there anything wrong morally and photographically shooting showgirls?
    I think my wife is the best judge of it.

    When I ask her can I shoot show girls, I get a wack on the head and a slap over the ear.

  5. #5
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    For me I don't shoot showgirls or events cos it's not my type of genre. But I do shoot models and street. Tho I don't do it, I feel that so long as the intention is clear (for photography rather than pervertism), there is nothing wrong at all.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I think my wife is the best judge of it.

    When I ask her can I shoot show girls, I get a wack on the head and a slap over the ear.
    how about when you ask her if you can borrow your pink shoes honey?

  7. #7
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    For me I don't shoot showgirls or events cos it's not my type of genre. But I do shoot models and street. Tho I don't do it, I feel that so long as the intention is clear (for photography rather than pervertism), there is nothing wrong at all.
    when it is "nothing wrong", doesn't it is good for you.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  8. #8

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    I like to look at chio bu as I'm a guy. If I have a DSLR, I will shoot chio bu at exhibitons for my own collections of gals.

  9. #9
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    YLSX / sgvideoman is the best examples... look at their works... got improvements?


    Other ppl interest mah, no need go disturb them.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  10. #10
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I think my wife is the best judge of it.

    When I ask her can I shoot show girls, I get a wack on the head and a slap over the ear.
    then rest of the people maybe not married mah... or they find that the show girls are hotter than their wife/girl friend lor.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post


    Other ppl interest mah, no need go disturb them.
    think i write in wrong perspective...

    i mean it as a positive form... cos both of them started off with shooting events...

    then last time the pics really cmi, now not bad already... esp YLSX's pic really got abit of standard liao...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    I like to look at chio bu as I'm a guy. If I have a DSLR, I will shoot chio bu at exhibitons for my own collections of gals.
    ...

    this sounds scary

    girls at shows, take note
    if you see a short emo looking boy in glasses holding a camera and a wand

    siam

  13. #13
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post


    Other ppl interest mah, no need go disturb them.
    think it is not only their interest, it is kind of specialty.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    how about when you ask her if you can borrow your pink shoes honey?
    He's got the hole marks to show it!

    HS

  15. #15

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ...

    this sounds scary

    girls at shows, take note
    if you see a short emo looking boy in glasses holding a camera and a wand

    siam
    What's wrong with having photos of chio bu???

    Aren't celebrities posters being sold??? People naturally like to see beautiful gals what.

  16. #16
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    think i write in wrong perspective...

    i mean it as a positive form... cos both of them started off with shooting events...

    then last time the pics really cmi, now not bad already... esp YLSX's pic really got abit of standard liao...
    lol my preception problem then

    But anyway, u got see his latest showgal post anot ?
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    lol my preception problem then

    But anyway, u got see his latest showgal post anot ?
    nope, but i saw the 1st...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    What's wrong with having photos of chio bu???

    Aren't celebrities posters being sold??? People naturally like to see beautiful gals what.

    Sexist comment!

    I know of more than one girl with a Pitt poster in their rooms.

  19. #19
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    think it is not only their interest, it is kind of specialty.
    Agree, I think sgvm can make good AV moobees.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  20. #20

    Default Re: Shooting showgirls

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Sexist comment!

    I know of more than one girl with a Pitt poster in their rooms.
    Men like to see pretty gals, gals like to see hunk. Nothing wrong right???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •