Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shooting towards the sun, does it damage the camera?

Default Re: shooting towards the sun, does it damage the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by surflim View Post
    No lah. his referring to shoot Direct Sun in the noon time, which produce the strongest rays. not even able to peek with your naked eyes.
    oh you can, trust me
    it's just that it's painful

aiya, just shoot whatever you want la, just don't clown around
    if it hurts your eyes obviously it will hurt your camera

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    oh you can, trust me
    it's just that it's painful

aiya, just shoot whatever you want la, just don't clown around
    if it hurts your eyes obviously it will hurt your camera
    Haha! ya loh. MRHobbit, don't take that risk la, what night86mare mention is true. treat your sensor as sensitive as your eyes.

Taking a Direct mid-noon sun, you taking a risk to hurt both your camera sensor & your eyes.

aiyoh, i never shoot directly at the sun lah! i like to shoot the clouds that are NEAR the sun. but sometimes i may accidentally move the sun's rays into the viewfinder. these rays that i accidentally shift in view are quite strong.which worries me

i like to shoot at noon, cause the sun's rays hitting the clouds will give off a very strong contrasty effect.

i cant even look at the sun with my bare eyes, if i were to look at it with the viewfinder i dont think i can engage in photography already!!

sorry for the misunderstanding, i dont shoot DIRECTLY at the sun. the closest i got was a reflection off a tinted window which didnt hurt my eyes at all.which turned out rather well i believe.

dont worry, i dont go pointing the camera AT the sun and snapping away!( i will get bad pictures i think, probably the exposure will be way off)

thanks for the advice guys, have to find some other way to shoot the clouds.....probably try to find a system that i use to estimate a margin to keep the sun away and just keep the clouds in focus

hmm nightmare nice advice, treat the sensor the way you treat your eyes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12