Thread: Sunset at Harbourfront..

Talking Sunset at Harbourfront..

It's a plain afternoon shot from the overhead highway in front of
    Vivocity. After extensive torture in GIMP, it became like this.

C&C welcome.

Default Re: Sunset at Harbourfront..

nice shot

There is lack of detail of the passing vehicles on the side of the flyover. The reflection of the sun is blown. You may need to blend 2 differently exposed shots to get a good effect.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

quite ok. he captured the rare burst of beautiful orange. reflected in the highways of life.

Quote Originally Posted by advrider View Post
    he captured the rare burst of beautiful orange. reflected in the highways of life.
    Don't think so. I believed it's done in post process.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcool View Post
    Don't think so. I believed it's done in post process.
    he did that in PS? wah good skills!

i dont quite see a sunset except two bright lines across the frame which does not bring attention to other part of the picture because they are too dark or too white.

still i think its possible to ps with the vehicles showing along with the sunset colourson the highway. otherwise this photo simplistically said, lacks a focal point.

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    i dont quite see a sunset except two bright lines across the frame which does not bring attention to other part of the picture because they are too dark or too white.

still i think its possible to ps with the vehicles showing along with the sunset colourson the highway. otherwise this photo simplistically said, lacks a focal point.
    I agreed to this.

Just to add a point.

The bright orange light on the fly over bridge simply don't tally with the bright white sky, the bright orange light indicates the sun perhaps already pretty low and about to go beyond the horizon, how is it then the sky is still so bright and white?

Thus, this photo gives me a strange feel and just something not right about it. I really wish I can say otherwise.

No offence intended, just my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    There is lack of detail of the passing vehicles on the side of the flyover. The reflection of the sun is blown. You may need to blend 2 differently exposed shots to get a good effect.
    There were clustered vehicles with headlights in the original so I chopped the entire band in the curve.. The blown reflection is over do the curve IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bored Dad View Post
    I agreed to this.

Just to add a point.

The bright orange light on the fly over bridge simply don't tally with the bright white sky, the bright orange light indicates the sun perhaps already pretty low and about to go beyond the horizon, how is it then the sky is still so bright and white?

Thus, this photo gives me a strange feel and just something not right about it. I really wish I can say otherwise.

No offence intended, just my personal opinion.

could have put some text in the white sky i guess. or maybe replace the white sky with come colors.